Read 11530 times

• devsterl
  • Super Waygook

• February 29, 2016, 06:47:07 am
Gmarket order
« on: May 31, 2016, 07:51:47 am »
Hi

How long does it normally take for someone to start delivery of an item on Gmarket? I paid for an item last Friday, and it still hasn't been shipped. Does the status: "Not yet shipped" simply mean that item is busy on route to me or that it's still sitting in the store where ever it is?

• Whatgook
  • Super Waygook

• October 06, 2015, 11:46:12 am
    • Busan, South Korea
Re: Gmarket order
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 07:56:43 am »
Hi

How long does it normally take for someone to start delivery of an item on Gmarket? I paid for an item last Friday, and it still hasn't been shipped. Does the status: "Not yet shipped" simply mean that item is busy on route to me or that it's still sitting in the store where ever it is?

It's fine, they're literally just 'preparing it'. Sometimes stuff you buy from gmarket will come from overseas to the buyer, and then they'll ship it to you domestically. So they won't mark it 'shipped' until it's in Korea and they've sent it. Dont worry!

• antmar
  • Veteran

• January 13, 2016, 07:03:08 am
    • Pyeongtaek, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 08:03:51 am »
I've had two items now that I've ordered from Gmarket that NEVER arrived. It's been 1.5 months now and I have yet to see it come through. It was nothing major luckily but still it's frustrating that this has happened to me four times and I've double checked my address and emailed them several times about why they delay or fail to deliver my packages.

I would say it doesn't hurt to reach out to Gmarket and just double check that everything is okay. They usually respond within 2-4 days.

• JahMoo
  • Expert Waygook

• May 11, 2016, 12:55:18 pm
    • Gyeonggi-do, ROK
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 08:46:28 am »
I've had two items now that I've ordered from Gmarket that NEVER arrived. It's been 1.5 months now and I have yet to see it come through. It was nothing major luckily but still it's frustrating that this has happened to me four times and I've double checked my address and emailed them several times about why they delay or fail to deliver my packages.

I would say it doesn't hurt to reach out to Gmarket and just double check that everything is okay. They usually respond within 2-4 days.

Call the mail carrier. It happened to me and it turns out that the address was correct, but sometimes the maps and stuff are not up to date. It's better to have things delivered to your school than your home. It's also better to call than to email because the respose is immediate.

• Lurch
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2011, 08:31:17 am
    • Chungju
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 08:49:40 am »
Korean online shopping is great when it works, which is something like 95% of the time, but that other 5% in my experience is a bloody nightmare. There's a major lack of communication with many online sellers who seem to only want to deal with their customers through online forms. Often, when (and if) you get your money back, it's with whatever online retailer you went through and if you want that money back in your account you have to jump through hoops.

Like I said, most of the time, it works great. The rest of the time, it's the worst experience possible. That said, since last Friday is not a long time to wait. If it doesn't ship by the end of the week, then I'd start to worry.

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 08:52:37 am »
Check the reviews, too. If there are a lot of "slow deliveries" you know it'll be a problem.

But, depending on the item and the seller- the gmarket experience can either be fantastic or very terrible. I only order from sellers with high ratings, now.

• devsterl
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 08:53:20 am »
I'm pretty sure it depends on the item.  I am sure on 'MyGmarket' you can look at the order and it will give you an expected delivery date.  That is what you should go off.  I remember last year I bought my wife a sewing machine for her birthday, I ordered one but it took two weeks for expected delivery, which it didn't mention on the ordering page.  It tells you the expected delivery date, after it is 'processing order'.  I cancelled that one and ordered a similar one that would arrive before her birthday.

I don't see a delivery date anywhere, only the transaction date.

• mkhollis
  • Waygookin

• May 01, 2013, 10:12:18 pm
    • Incheon
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 09:07:37 am »
I have always had extremely fast shipping with sellers on gmarket. It does depend on the day and time you pay though. For example, If I pay before 9am (I pay by bank transfer) the item usually comes the next day. If I pay closer to the end of the business day, then it will arrive two days later.

I did order an item that took over two weeks to arrive, I waited about a week and emailed the seller (I included a simple message in English and Korean). They responded promptly.

Anyway, I would say don't panic yet. As others have said check the seller feedback, and if it is an item not easily found in Korea it is likely the seller is waiting for it to arrive from overseas.

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 09:15:21 am »
Go to the gmarket English site and you'll see that they have an online chat customer service option. It's pretty good and definitely the best way to get things like this sorted.

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 09:37:14 am »
I order from gmarket pretty frequently, and I'd say after only 2 business days, you shouldn't be worried yet.  Some sellers are super fast, but some take at least a few days to ship.  Also, I've had a few orders in the past that were shipped internationally and I didn't know that when I ordered, and those take 1-2 weeks to deliver. 

If it hasn't shipped in another 2 days, I would message gmarket to ask if everything is okay.  But two business days is not a cause for concern, IMO.

• antoniusk
  • Veteran

• December 10, 2012, 05:35:49 pm
    • Sunchang, Jeollabuk-do
    more
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 02:08:14 pm »
Most items I get within 2-3 business days, and any more than 4-5 business days is considered slow. I know, crazy concept compared to the States when 4-7 business days through Amazon is a bargain.

Though, I ordeed an extra floor futon that hasn't arrived yet... still says "processing" and it's been over a month. I have a phone call to make.
Gyopo Status

• antmar
  • Veteran

• January 13, 2016, 07:03:08 am
    • Pyeongtaek, South Korea
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 02:11:45 pm »
Most items I get within 2-3 business days, and any more than 4-5 business days is considered slow. I know, crazy concept compared to the States when 4-7 business days through Amazon is a bargain.

Though, I ordeed an extra floor futon that hasn't arrived yet... still says "processing" and it's been over a month. I have a phone call to make.

Wow! I thought it was just me that had ordered a product and it never showed up (1.5 months waiting now). Looks like I'll try again to get my Green Tea Kit Kats and Scale delivered to me.

• devsterl
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 10:26:43 am »
So my order status changed to "cancelled" and they refunded me. What dafaq. SEND MY ORDER DAMNIT!!!!!!

• Lurch
  • Expert Waygook

• Chungju
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 10:31:09 am »
So my order status changed to "cancelled" and they refunded me. What dafaq. SEND MY ORDER DAMNIT!!!!!!

Not entirely uncommon. I've ordered more than a few things that were sold out but still listed as available. Drives me nuts.

• JahMoo
  • Expert Waygook

• May 11, 2016, 12:55:18 pm
    • Gyeonggi-do, ROK
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 10:49:27 am »

Not entirely uncommon. I've ordered more than a few things that were sold out but still listed as available. Drives me nuts.

They always call/text when they cancel your order. Check your missed calls and messages (it will be in Korean). They probably told you why they had to cancel. Usually it's sold out but for some reason still listed.

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 10:57:18 am »
I've had to wait for 2 weeks only to get an an email telling me the item is sold out.
Check your spam folder.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

• devsterl
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 11:18:12 am »
Just want to get an xbox live subscription card (Don't have a credit card to buy one online).

Didn't get an email, text message or a missed call about the cancellation.

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 11:32:51 am »
I had something get cancelled because it was sold out.  Nobody notified me.  I contacted gmarket to inquire and was then told what happened. 

Emails from gmarket have always gone to my inbox.  I don't think I missed the cancellation email - I think they just didn't bother.

• Lurch
  • Expert Waygook

• Chungju
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 11:59:20 am »

They always call/text when they cancel your order. Check your missed calls and messages (it will be in Korean). They probably told you why they had to cancel. Usually it's sold out but for some reason still listed.

I never said they don't contact me. My complaint was your last sentence.

To online Korean retailers: take down listings for sold out products! I should not be able to order and pay for something you don't even have anymore. I mean, we're talking Internet listings here. They should practically do inventory on their own!

I recently waited a month for man won worth of shaving soap. After said month, sure enough they emailed me and told me it's out of stock and refunded my money. It took them a month to figure that out? This shaving soap wasn't even imported.

My experience shopping online here has been 99% positive. Those 1% are real humdingers though.

• Mr. Pink
  • Adventurer

• May 23, 2016, 07:24:52 pm
    • NY
    more
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 12:51:57 pm »
I really think leaving an item up that's sold out is a bit of a bait-and-switch.

they leave it up in the hopes someone will order it even though it's sold out, and then they'll call and try to get you to buy another one of their products. happened to me a few times.