Read 1232 times

E-2 renewal & change of address Qs
« on: May 31, 2016, 08:03:20 am »
I can't remember and I checked out the pinned the topics, but I didn't see ansswers to my questions

1. Is the E-2 visa extension and the change of address 2 different forms?
2. Are both obtainable at the immigration office?
3. Is a new photo required for a change of address?
4. Will you have to get a new card for changing your address?
5. If you make an online reservation where do you go when you arrive? All I've seen before is the number machine. I've never seen a separate online reservation booth.

Re: E-2 renewal & change of address Qs
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 08:09:15 am »
I can't remember and I checked out the pinned the topics, but I didn't see ansswers to my questions

1. Is the E-2 visa extension and the change of address 2 different forms?
2. Are both obtainable at the immigration office?
3. Is a new photo required for a change of address?
4. Will you have to get a new card for changing your address?
5. If you make an online reservation where do you go when you arrive? All I've seen before is the number machine. I've never seen a separate online reservation booth.

1. It's the same form.
2. You can download it off the internet and it is usually available at the immigration (although my office only ever has the form in Chinese)
3. No new photo required
4. They write the address on the back so unless you no longer have space you don't need a new card
5. I have no idea.

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 01:03:07 pm »
5. Your online reservation form (the one you can print out) will have a number.  There are a few windows at the immigration office that have reservations assigned to them and the number on the TV will match the number on your reservation. So you just walk in at the right time, look for those windows and wait.  At least as Suwon and Incheon that holds true.  If in doubt, go to the information desk, flash your reservation paper, and even if they can't speak English they will point you to the right place.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 01:05:06 pm »
If you are just changing address you can go to your local Dong office with a copy of your housing contract and they can change it for you.  Can't remember the cost.  The Visa renewal obviously can only be done at immigration, as can change of address.

• annataleen
  • Moderator LVL 1

• May 02, 2014, 01:27:07 pm
    • Incheon
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 01:12:38 pm »
Basically what everyone else said. I just did the same thing and the form was the same, the form is online or at the office, no new photo, and they put the new address on the back - make sure they put tape over it so it doesn't rub off.

When you make the reservation you will get a SMS from immigration. It will have your number for your appointment. Save it.

Try to go a bit early if you can.  I did and my number was called about 10 minutes before my appointment and the whole process was completed in five minutes, so I finished five minutes before my appointment. I was happy I came early.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 09:39:04 pm »
Can anyone give me any tips on how to register for the immigration site to access the reservation system? I have tried every browser I have to access the site and I keep getting to an error about outdated security certificates and still can't access once I make exceptions!

Basically can't get past this page (http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/StipDetailRM_en.pt) to make an account and can't get to the reservation system without first logging in. Do I have to already have my ARC to utilize this system???

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 07:17:09 am »
Can anyone give me any tips on how to register for the immigration site to access the reservation system? I have tried every browser I have to access the site and I keep getting to an error about outdated security certificates and still can't access once I make exceptions!

Basically can't get past this page (http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/StipDetailRM_en.pt) to make an account and can't get to the reservation system without first logging in. Do I have to already have my ARC to utilize this system???

Are you using the English or the Korean version of the site?  I am fairly sure that's where the problem will be: Korean sites usually don't give the English versions full functionality.  You'll have to do it through the Korean part.  It looked pretty easy looking over the shoulder of my co-teach. My tip: ask for help from a Korean, and use IE (as much as that sucks)

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 07:44:28 am »
Yup, English site! I figured that's where the problem was and I was trying Chrome, Safari, Firefox. Then I thought to myself... which browser has the worst security... I'll have to grab my coteach and have her help me with the Korean site on IE  :wink:. Thanks!