• Busan
    more
Re: EPIK online lectures
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 01:51:45 pm »
Dear ,
Hello!
Thank you for your e-mail.

We reset your passwords. :)
But you already finished the training courses.
And your training period ended at the beginning of this year. So you cannot access this site.

We've attached your certificates.
If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thank you! : )

Best regards,
EPIK Online Team

It's possible I haven't been clear enough that I don't mean the pre-orientation lectures. I mean ones that we're supposed to do during the year, if they exist.

Again, I've had no email about this, just a mention in passing from a middle school teacher who mentioned to me she was still having to do online video lectures.

then just forget about this in-service training. lol. don't need to stress about something you won't be able to do..since you can't access the site. Interesting though.....that you didn't receive anything about it.. later on if they ask just tell them that...trust me. you're not missing out on much.
idk tho.

• JahMoo
  • Expert Waygook

• May 11, 2016, 12:55:18 pm
    • Gyeonggi-do, ROK
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2016, 02:11:13 pm »
Yes, it's already been acknowledged that there are 2 different video courses. There was literally no need to be this disrespectful.

and yet people continue to be unable to perform such basic tasks as: reading posts which contain web links in a thread; checking their email; checking their spam email folder (it's probably in there if it's not in your main email); reading their orientation guides.

And some of us did all of that and had no results. So apparently not all of us had to complete the latter lectures.

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2016, 03:15:13 pm »
I was hired through EPIK to teach elementary schools in Busan. Recently in conversation with a middle school teacher who was part of the same EPIK intake as me, she mentioned that she was doing obligatory online lectures and tests.

I vaguely remember something about this being mentioned during orientation, but nothing specific. I haven't received any emails about this and my co-teacher doesn't know anything.

Is this just for middle school teachers?
When I was hired onto EPIK we ALL had to do the "In-serivce online training" or what ever it was called(I was a high school teacher at the time) but they are just 20 minute videoss of some dude rambling and then a 4 question, easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy quiz. Put it on mute, watch some youtube and come back. The questions are pretty easy if they haven't changed.

If I remember correctly, there was also a dialogue somewhere on the site. I just copied and pasted it into a word document to refer to if I wanted to find the answer to the question, and did the same with putting it on mute and doing other tasks while I waited. That was about 6 years ago, I am not sure if it is still the same.