Read 593 times

• m4773rs
  • Newgookin

• May 17, 2016, 05:58:41 pm
    • Ulsan
How far in advance can you sign a new contract
« on: May 17, 2016, 06:04:42 pm »
Hi ,

I am due to leave my current job on June. I have a job offer that starts would start on August 1st.

Do i have to transfer to a D10 and then transfer back to an E2? or is there a way i can avoid paying all the fees and transfer straight to the new job?

Thanks

• solveit
  • Super Waygook

• December 09, 2014, 03:52:02 pm
    • Korea
Re: How far in advance can you sign a new contract
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 10:19:11 pm »
I think the best thing you can do is speak to immigration - I've heard a few stories, that you can extend your ARC dates by 30 days, that you can ask your employer to extend the contract dates, or that you can apply up to 1 month in advance. I don't know how accurate any of these are so immigration may be your best bet.

• kbtrav01
  • Newgookin

• August 24, 2015, 01:15:42 pm
    • gunpo
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 07:37:34 am »
If your current job ends in June then your ARC/visa probably expires sometime in July. As long as you change your visa over by the date the visa expires, you should be fine. Example: if mine expired 08/02 I'd have until then to switch it over.  Gather the documents from your new school and go to immigration after your current contract is over. I had the exact same situation as you last year, June ending job/August starting new job.

As for signing the contract, technically you could sign at anytime right? As long as the new contract begins after the current one, I wouldn't see a problem. I know people (myself included) who have signed contracts while in the middle of another. As long as you're not working both jobs at once and still completing all your work at the current job, there shouldn't be a problem.

but like solveit said, calling immigration and asking is the best because they can answer based on your personal visa information.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 07:45:55 am »
You can sign the contract any time.

You can apply for the visa extension from two months before the current visa expiry date.
http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/InfoDetailR_en.pt