Read 4547 times

Nestlé’s new Pure Life Bottled Water contains tap water!!
« on: April 26, 2011, 01:55:57 pm »
Nestlé’s new Pure Life comes from a Municipal water source. What a waste of platic!! I love the Pen & Teller Bullshit Episode that discusses bottled water. Classic!!

http://www.koreaherald.com/lifestyle/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20110425000869

Hanging on for Pure Life: Why the Strategies Behind Nestlé’s New Bottled
Water Brand May Be Good for the Company but Bad for Public Water

http://documents.foodandwaterwatch.org/PureLife-web.pdf
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 02:09:39 pm by Harpeau »

• cowboy7
  • Super Waygook

• October 05, 2010, 01:47:27 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Nestlé’s new Pure Life Bottled Water contains tap water!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 02:02:33 pm »
I was going to mention the Penn and Teller episode haha.

• JPJ2010
  • Waygookin

• November 01, 2010, 09:31:40 am
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 04:17:02 pm »
You mean, this episode?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw3px6o-6-w

First short bit is the tail end of the Feng Shui portion so you can skip over that.

• Manyisa_1
  • Adventurer

• November 17, 2010, 01:34:55 pm
    • Gumi
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 06:06:36 pm »
I suppose i never bought into this whole bottled water is better for you thing.Back home i refused to buy bottled water because its better than tap water.

Another favourite my buddy and i had back in varsity was we would but boxed wine and fill up the the empty bottles from the better stuff we had drunk.Just for kicks we would let people have it and they would be adamant that it was GOOd wine.

But hey,if you dig your your Scottish Highland bottled water that has been filtered through a sheep fleece,then go for it.

• minamteacher
  • Expert Waygook

• October 05, 2010, 07:55:14 am
    • Incheon
    more
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 08:37:08 pm »
The water in the States is safe to drink. Therefore, buying bottled water is already a waste of money.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 08:38:43 pm by minamteacher »

• Harpoinseoul
  • Expert Waygook

• March 23, 2011, 06:49:03 pm
    • Coquitlam, BC
    more
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 02:19:03 pm »
I think taking an empty bottle and filling it with tap water might be educational. Try a taste test with their students. It might be fun!!
Skype Video Counselor in Coquitlam, BC

Make the best use of what's in your power; take the rest as it comes.

The thing that upsets people is not what happens; but what they think it means.

Epictetus (55 - 135 C.E.)

Inter-faith spiritual counselor
http://www.harpo.ca

• Schellib39
  • Expert Waygook

• March 10, 2011, 03:08:04 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 02:28:32 pm »
Water is safe here to drink in Korea as well.  Have been drinking it for 2 years, specifically in Yongin, as well as many other parts of the country.  Never a problem encountered!

• gochubone
  • Explorer

• April 27, 2011, 07:50:16 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 08:15:29 am »
I filter everything I drink here mainly because of the taste.  The water down here just has a metallic flavor to it.  Brita gets the jobs done.

• Ley_Druid
  • The Legend

• February 17, 2011, 08:36:33 am
    • Shinan-Gun, Jeollanam-Do, South Korea
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 08:24:32 am »
I hate to ask why you posted this, but WHY?

BTW I love Penn & Teller's BULLSHIT. What a great show.

About half of all bottled water is tap. So what? People need to stop thinking that bottled water is "SUPERIOR" and just drink tap. The only difference is flavor and minerals. You don't like minerals, just filter it. Way cheaper and enviromentally safer.  :P

• jgroh
  • Veteran

• December 02, 2010, 08:51:36 am
    • Ansan, South Korea
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 08:26:19 am »
So, (nestle's) Pure Life, (coca cola's) Dasani, and (pepsi's) Aquafina are all from municipal tap sources. This has been the case for years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se12y9hSOM0&feature=player_embedded

One more for you, the islanders from Fiji don't even have clean drinking water. It's all been contaminated and/or the water-table has dropped by industrial production of the Fiji Spring Water.

• randarchy
  • Adventurer

• April 27, 2011, 10:21:19 am
    • Gamcheon, Busan
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 09:42:55 am »
Is the water safe in Busan? I was able to confirm that it was in Seoul by various reports, but haven't found anything for Busan. If it's just a taste thing, then I have no problem drinking it... but I don't want to drink it if it's not safe.

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 09:51:26 am »
and some breaking news just in... 9-11 was a controlled demolition..

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 10:03:58 am »
One more for you, the islanders from Fiji don't even have clean drinking water. It's all been contaminated and/or the water-table has dropped by industrial production of the Fiji Spring Water.

Yeah, Fiji is basically the worst since they have to ship all of that heavy water everywhere, too. So wasteful.

• jgroh
  • Veteran

• December 02, 2010, 08:51:36 am
    • Ansan, South Korea
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 10:18:41 am »

Yeah, Fiji is basically the worst since they have to ship all of that heavy water everywhere, too. So wasteful.

The bottles themselves aren't even made in Fiji. They're shipped in from China before being shipped to the States.

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 10:24:24 am »
Me and two other teachers down here in jeollanamdo...GOT VERY SICK from drinking the tap water...I didnt go to the doctor but they did and the doctor says every once in a while, when it rains heavy after not raining for a long time there can be 'run off' from sewers to tap water drinking sources.....il spare you the details but i was miserable...i had drank tap water several times before with no problems but this one event made it so il drink bottled/purified water forever now....also, ive talked to many koreans and they dont usually drink tap water...just sayin

• bork
  • Veteran

• April 21, 2011, 12:32:34 pm
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 10:27:39 am »
I hate to ask why you posted this, but WHY?

BTW I love Penn & Teller's BULLSHIT. What a great show.

About half of all bottled water is tap. So what? People need to stop thinking that bottled water is "SUPERIOR" and just drink tap. The only difference is flavor and minerals. You don't like minerals, just filter it. Way cheaper and enviromentally safer.  :P

Educating the masses. Nothing wrong with that. Good post I think.

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 01:43:47 pm »
Me and two other teachers down here in jeollanamdo...GOT VERY SICK from drinking the tap water...I didnt go to the doctor but they did and the doctor says every once in a while, when it rains heavy after not raining for a long time there can be 'run off' from sewers to tap water drinking sources.....il spare you the details but i was miserable...i had drank tap water several times before with no problems but this one event made it so il drink bottled/purified water forever now....also, ive talked to many koreans and they dont usually drink tap water...just sayin

That is true after a large rainstorm. BTW, we have a Bethesda (alkaline/acidic) water purifier. It's really cool!