Read 4492 times

• fishe22c
  • Waygookin

• August 18, 2015, 08:24:39 pm
    • Suncheon
Korean Teacher English Class Lessons
« on: April 08, 2016, 05:14:56 pm »
    I just started teaching a workshop for the Korean teachers at my school. I translated my 'Korean for Foreigners' textbook into English to help make lesson worksheets. I will post them up as I make them. Please feel free to use them. These are for beginner level learners.

This is the lesson I did today: What are you doing?

The teachers used the present participle to make simple sentences. We also learned some easy verbs.

Attached:
    1) Lesson PPT
    2) Lesson Worksheet
    3) Verb Cards (found online)

Re: Korean Teacher English Class Lessons
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 03:18:00 pm »
Interesting approach. Let us know how it works out.
P.s. I don't think you attached the lessons  properly.
EFL teacher in Seoul and co-owner of www.weteachkorea.com

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 02:42:57 am »
    I just started teaching a workshop for the Korean teachers at my school. I translated my 'Korean for Foreigners' textbook into English to help make lesson worksheets. I will post them up as I make them. Please feel free to use them. These are for beginner level learners.

This is the lesson I did today: What are you doing?

The teachers used the present participle to make simple sentences. We also learned some easy verbs.

Attached:
    1) Lesson PPT
    2) Lesson Worksheet
    3) Verb Cards (found online)
A Korean textbook is almost certainly going to be much worse than an English one in every respect. There are plenty of English textbooks online you can download in PDF format, I suggest you use one of them. It will also save you the bother of translating.[/list]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 02:46:25 am by eggieguffer »

• fishe22c
  • Waygookin

• Suncheon
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 04:00:23 pm »
Here is lesson #1. I lost my USB with the first two lessons on them. I had to remake the plans and PowerPoint. This class has been successful so far. The teachers appreciate the Korean directions for the activities. It is also helpful for my own Korean language practice.  These lessons are mostly made of pattern drills. The teachers enjoy practicing reading sentences and making small sentences.

Lesson: Introductions (Name, Job, Country, Nationality)

Attached:
1) Lesson PPT
2) Lesson Worksheet

• fishe22c
  • Waygookin

• Suncheon
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 04:48:40 pm »
I had a bit of time to remake lesson 2 today. I also tried my lessons out on some middle school grade 1 students. They enjoyed the repetition and the handout. I might work these lessons into my after school class in the future.

Lesson: What is this?

This lesson requires some vocabulary cards. I used scrap paper to make the cards.

Attached:
1) Lesson PPT
2) Lesson Worksheet

• fishe22c
  • Waygookin

• Suncheon
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 12:50:46 pm »
My teachers wanted to try some listening exercises. I included two listening activities in this lesson. My friend and I recorded the dialogue. It isn't great, but it works. The teachers have been enjoying the lessons and like having the extra games to play. We did an identify the body part and ailment activity on the board. They had fun trying to guess what pains matched the body parts.

Lesson: Where Do You Do Something?

This lesson requires some vocabulary cards. I used scrap paper to make the cards.

Attached:
1) Lesson PPT
2) Lesson Worksheet
3) Dialogue 1
4) Dialogue 2

• fishe22c
  • Waygookin

• Suncheon
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 11:54:03 am »
This was the most difficult lesson for the teachers so far. We worked on our months, days of the week, and numbers. The teachers could all remember the names of the months, but could never remember the order. I borrowed pieces of a different PowerPoint to support my own.

Lesson: Numbers

Attached:
1) Lesson PPT
2) Lesson Worksheet
3) Dialogue 1

• chunpreet
  • Waygookin

• March 04, 2015, 11:53:03 am
    • Gyeongju, Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 08:24:16 pm »
Thank you! Especially for the introduction lesson! I start the same class at my school tomorrow and was figuring out what to do for week 1 as we havent gotten the textbook yet!

• fishe22c
  • Waygookin

• Suncheon
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 06:42:42 am »
I thought this lesson would be an easy review for my teachers. They all seem to have mid to high level English abilities. However, prepositions really stumped them. We didn't get a chance to finish the entire lesson. I will continue teaching it next week and encourage the teachers to practice using sentences with their location words.

*I didn't do a recording for the dialogue this time. The dialogue text is listed at the bottom of the handout.

Lesson: Prepositions

Attached:
1) Lesson PPT
2) Lesson Worksheet

• fishe22c
  • Waygookin

• Suncheon
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 03:50:46 pm »
This lesson includes past tense conjugation and time prepositions. Also, I added more practice for location prepositions. My teachers worked hard today and made successful presentations.

Lesson: Past Tense and Prepositions Continued

Attached:
1) Lesson PPT
2) Lesson Worksheet