Read 539469 times

Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #3060 on: April 09, 2020, 11:13:33 am »

Oh my god!  What have I done?

Quick, think of something to deflect for the time being....

You know what I miss most is those late 80s pop rock bands, like erm, like Mr Mister....

Man, they were good.  Especially this song....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKhN1t_7PEY

Cool stuff....

*peeps to see if Mister Tim is still giving me the stink eye*

Lovely Mister Tim  :-*

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #3061 on: April 14, 2020, 08:55:20 am »
I love this picture so much.

Just a family reading on the subway. I decided that this weekend that gf, daughter and I would go somewhere close and read in a cafe for a couple of hours. No chatting, just relaxing and reading.

My gf complained a lot last weekend about how much she drives (I don't have a licence, long story). She drove to Yesan Lake on Sat and Cheongju Sanseong on Sun. I never asked her to go to these places, but still that's 5 hours of driving over 2 days which is a fair bit.

So, this weekend we'll read quietly together as a family.

Or Dain can draw. hahaha I'm curious about her reading. She's four and she CAN read hangeul, but let's be honest, it's slow, she makes a fair bit of mistakes and an hour of self-directed reading might be off the table.

We'll bring a colouring book, too. haha
레새 뭐 페르, 커나르드. 에스티 타베르낰 트루 드 볘르즈.

« Reply #3062 on: April 14, 2020, 09:24:11 am »
I don't have a licence, long story
We're listening....?

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #3063 on: April 14, 2020, 09:28:19 am »
We're listening....?

Canadian one expired, so no exchange.

Was gonna get it last Sep, but went by the wayside.

Thinking about it again this January but virus.

« Reply #3064 on: April 14, 2020, 09:36:13 am »
Canadian one expired, so no exchange.
I physically lost my South African one, so an exchange wasn't possible either. Had to do the Korean one from scratch.

Get it done, son! Just mind the crazy bike-wielding foreign girls ;D

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #3065 on: April 14, 2020, 09:37:38 am »
I physically lost my South African one, so an exchange wasn't possible either. Had to do the Korean one from scratch.

Get it done, son! Just mind the crazy bike-wielding foreign girls ;D

Don't mess with me.

« Reply #3066 on: April 14, 2020, 09:44:08 am »
Looks like Ronnie in his Kia Morning :laugh:

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #3067 on: April 14, 2020, 09:46:36 am »
Looks like Ronnie in his Kia Morning :laugh:

You mess with my Morning and I'll tell you "Good night."

« Reply #3068 on: April 14, 2020, 09:48:55 am »
Oh wait, just checked Ronnie's profile and realized she's a girl. Sorry Ronnie!

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #3069 on: April 20, 2020, 08:24:29 am »
I bit the bullet and dropped some dough on a Canon EOS200D. Kit with two lenses. 18-55 and a 40mm.

MAN. This thing takes some killer pictures.

« Reply #3070 on: April 20, 2020, 08:27:34 am »
Did you buy that here, or get it shipped in from somewhere?

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #3071 on: April 20, 2020, 08:38:41 am »
Did you buy that here, or get it shipped in from somewhere?

The Canon Store in Sinsegye Cheonan. Same price, basically, for the Coupang one. I always prefer brick and mortar for large purchases.

« Reply #3072 on: April 20, 2020, 08:44:58 am »
The Canon Store in Sinsegye Cheonan. Same price, basically, for the Coupang one. I always prefer brick and mortar for large purchases.

People criticize me for it, but same here. I like to look at it, make sure everything is okay, and have an easier time getting it serviced or exchanged if something ends up being wrong with it. I'm even willing to pay just a little bit more for that extra bit of security.

But people still look at me sideways for not wanting to save 10-20k won by ordering online instead. Like, for something that costs 300k won or more, that doesn't mean much, lol.

Have you tested how it handles taking pictures at night?

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #3073 on: April 20, 2020, 08:52:09 am »
People criticize me for it, but same here. I like to look at it, make sure everything is okay, and have an easier time getting it serviced or exchanged if something ends up being wrong with it. I'm even willing to pay just a little bit more for that extra bit of security.

But people still look at me sideways for not wanting to save 10-20k won by ordering online instead. Like, for something that costs 300k won or more, that doesn't mean much, lol.

Have you tested how it handles taking pictures at night?

"for not wanting to save 10-20k won by ordering online instead."

Exactly, I just dropped close to 900 thousand on this. Saving 50 for online............. ... like, I know that my receipt is Canon. I know it's new.

I'm a trustworthy guy, and I trust others. I fully believe  that nothing bad would come of getting it on Coupang.

But for A/S.............. A coupang receipt? It's in my app. It's third party. Canon receipt, Canon Store. DONE.

Also, they gave me an extra 64GB card (it already comes with 16GB) and a camera bag and a cleaning kit. All this stuff is made in Taiwan and it's quality.

It's worth the extra 30 bucks, especially with the employee showing me the camera, explaining everything about the camera and what to do next.

It's like going to a movie theatre. Yeah, you can watch it at home, but there's something about the extra effort and the EXPERIENCE that makes it worthwhile. 

« Reply #3074 on: April 20, 2020, 09:01:00 am »

Exactly, I just dropped close to 900 thousand on this. Saving 50 for online............. ... like, I know that my receipt is Canon. I know it's new.

I'm a trustworthy guy, and I trust others. I fully believe  that nothing bad would come of getting it on Coupang.

But for A/S.............. A coupang receipt? It's in my app. It's third party. Canon receipt, Canon Store. DONE.

Also, they gave me an extra 64GB card (it already comes with 16GB) and a camera bag and a cleaning kit. All this stuff is made in Taiwan and it's quality.

It's worth the extra 30 bucks, especially with the employee showing me the camera, explaining everything about the camera and what to do next.

It's like going to a movie theatre. Yeah, you can watch it at home, but there's something about the extra effort and the EXPERIENCE that makes it worthwhile. 

I also like buying big ticket items in person, unless it's like, a TV or something. Then I'm getting that online for sure rather than risk it getting banged up in the car or something.

But - for A/S and warranty of cameras and stuff, isn't it based on the little warranty card that comes with the camera, not the receipt? Whenever I've bought cameras or headphones or even a watch, there was a warranty card with the item - never had to use a receipt for A/S.

« Reply #3075 on: April 20, 2020, 09:04:52 am »
One good thing about buying online is that if there's any problem, you can just return it and you don't have to go out to the store and talk to anybody and risk them denying you or something.

I bought a new computer monitor for my wife last month and it showed up totally broken. Just put it back in the box, put it outside, tapped the return button on the Gmarket app and got my refund two days later.

Bought a sound bar a few weeks ago and it didn't sound as good as I'd hoped. Same thing. Repackage, put it outside, tap tap, refund a couple days later, no questions asked. If I'd tried to return that to a brick and mortar store, I'm sure they wouldn't have accepted "Uhh, I don't like it?" as a valid reason for returning something that had been opened.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #3076 on: April 20, 2020, 10:22:49 am »

I disagree with the movie theatre thing. It's much better to watch movies at home.
If you need to go to the bathroom you can pause the movie. If you want snacks or something to eat during the movie, or run out and want to get more, can pause the movie.
With good headphones or speaker system, you can get decent sounds too. AND not having to deal with other people around you is the best too!

« Reply #3077 on: April 20, 2020, 10:29:16 am »
I disagree with the movie theatre thing. It's much better to watch movies at home.
If you need to go to the bathroom you can pause the movie. If you want snacks or something to eat during the movie, or run out and want to get more, can pause the movie.
With good headphones or speaker system, you can get decent sounds too. AND not having to deal with other people around you is the best too!

But going to a theatre is about immersion. You free yourself from all distractions, unless you get unlucky and have someone crinkling food wrappers loudly or something. But you're basically permitted to free yourself from anything other than the film experience. No talking. No phone. Nobody asking you to do some random chore or something. Just movie.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #3078 on: April 20, 2020, 10:36:19 am »
But going to a theatre is about immersion. You free yourself from all distractions, unless you get unlucky and have someone crinkling food wrappers loudly or something. But you're basically permitted to free yourself from anything other than the film experience. No talking. No phone. Nobody asking you to do some random chore or something. Just movie.

Honestly, I can immerse myself like that at home. Even in a theatre, if the movie ends up being boring, I'll habitually try to check my phone.
If I'm at home and get bored of the movie, I can just move it to my second monitor and watch it while playing a game or something.
If the movie is good, I can focus on it the whole time.
However, I live alone so don't need to worry about anything like that anyway. :p

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #3079 on: April 20, 2020, 10:41:26 am »
Kayos:

Complains about bad behaviour in the movie theatre.  "AND not having to deal with other people around you is the best too!"

Kayos:

Is the bad behaviour in the theatre.  "Even in a theatre, if the movie ends up being boring, I'll habitually try to check my phone. "

Haha.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 10:43:26 am by CO2 »