Read 464883 times

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2820 on: May 07, 2019, 03:09:17 pm »
This will be the last I post of this, don't want to feed a fed horse or anything.

Top 3 post of the month. Jesus. 3 platinums, 4 golds and 10 silvers.

In Ansan on Saturday, I actually had an American guy come up to me and call me "Earth sandwich guy!"

This is my 15 minutes online and I'm trying to enjoy it. hahaha

The joys of fauxtherhood

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #2821 on: May 07, 2019, 06:59:19 pm »
Didnít you delete your first account because you had too much personal info attached to it?

« Reply #2822 on: May 08, 2019, 08:15:24 am »
I remember the days of CO2 swearing he would never reveal his Reddit username (after showing his face and telling us his real name).  Those days are long gone  :laugh:

In all seriousness though, I think people should be a little bit cautious about oversharing.  Sorry to use CO2 as an example but we know his full name, where he lives, what he looks like, his Reddit username and that he's dating someone who has a child.  That's a lot of personal info in my opinion and you never know who's reading.

There are a few people who have posted here whose real name I know because they've shared the same anecdotes on Facebook groups.  I'm sure it's not a big deal but be careful.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #2823 on: May 08, 2019, 08:44:00 am »
I make an attempt not do anything too inflammatory, here or on reddit. I used to but I've settled down a lot as I have gotten older.

Ironically, the most I mess with people is on facebook, which IS my real name. haha.

The joys of fauxtherhood

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #2824 on: May 08, 2019, 09:00:40 am »
I recently created a sock account on Twitter just so I could mouth off at people who need to be mouthed off at.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #2825 on: May 08, 2019, 12:06:03 pm »
This is not on the front page although it should be chronologically.

Will it be on the front page when I post this message?

Let's see.

EDIT: It shows up now? Weird.

The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #2826 on: May 08, 2019, 12:17:49 pm »
not a Liverpool fan but what a game that was.  I'm sure being at Anfield last night and witnessing that would have been quite amazing.  BTW, get stuffed Barca...  :laugh:

« Reply #2827 on: May 09, 2019, 07:22:47 am »
not a Liverpool fan but what a game that was.  I'm sure being at Anfield last night and witnessing that would have been quite amazing.  BTW, get stuffed Barca...  :laugh:

crikey.  two amazing games in two days.  spurs going through in the last minute.  would be hilarious IF Arsenal go through and Chelsea to making both the Champions League and Europa League finals an all British affair.

« Reply #2828 on: May 09, 2019, 11:07:13 am »
crikey.  two amazing games in two days.  spurs going through in the last minute.  would be hilarious IF Arsenal go through and Chelsea to making both the Champions League and Europa League finals an all British affair.
FTFY (Emphasis added)

What would be a great thing all rests on the abilities of.....Arsenal.  :laugh:

« Reply #2829 on: May 09, 2019, 12:07:36 pm »
At the moment, I live in 34 pyeong which I've been in for three years, but my house owner wants to sell so I should move out by mid-June.  I have the monthly rent with deposit (1000/40).  The apartment complex was new when I moved in and it's been great.  This week, I found a 30 pyeong in another brand new complex on the other side of my city.  I went to see it yesterday, just me and the estate agent, and it was amazing.  19th floor, the living room view lords over the whole city and the view behind is the mountain I hike up as often as possible (5-minute walk there).  Thing was, it was advertised as 1000/60, but the estate agent persuaded them to drop to 500/60  ;D so will move in on the 25th!!  well swanky.  can't wait.  i checked out some of the 4/5 floor 'joo taeks' but once you have a quiet apartment for a few years, it feels like a step back to go back to those kind of apartments. 

« Reply #2830 on: May 09, 2019, 02:52:47 pm »
At the moment, I live in 34 pyeong which I've been in for three years, but my house owner wants to sell so I should move out by mid-June.  I have the monthly rent with deposit (1000/40).  The apartment complex was new when I moved in and it's been great.  This week, I found a 30 pyeong in another brand new complex on the other side of my city.  I went to see it yesterday, just me and the estate agent, and it was amazing.  19th floor, the living room view lords over the whole city and the view behind is the mountain I hike up as often as possible (5-minute walk there).  Thing was, it was advertised as 1000/60, but the estate agent persuaded them to drop to 500/60  ;D so will move in on the 25th!!  well swanky.  can't wait.  i checked out some of the 4/5 floor 'joo taeks' but once you have a quiet apartment for a few years, it feels like a step back to go back to those kind of apartments. 

19th floor? It's a good thing Korea has excellent fire safety standards!  :P

« Reply #2831 on: May 09, 2019, 03:53:37 pm »

one of the best  :wink:  actually, the newly built apartments made by the big companies tend to be up to pretty good spec with safety stuff like multiple sprinklers, heat detectors, and almost all have the 'shelter' room to escape to.  the one I'm moving into was a bit weird as it had a retractable ladder down to the next floor, through a hatch and then that floor had one going down to the next floor.  not sure how that works, I wasn't really paying attention. 

• Lazio
  • Veteran

• January 27, 2018, 03:56:10 pm
    • Gyeongi-do
« Reply #2832 on: May 09, 2019, 07:32:44 pm »

Where are you? The same places in Seoul would be like 8-10 times that. Any idea what's the market value of those apartments?

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #2833 on: May 09, 2019, 09:07:12 pm »

Where are you? The same places in Seoul would be like 8-10 times that. Any idea what's the market value of those apartments?
I live in something similar, and the 매매 listing vary wildly depending on location and age of the building.
The complex I live in generally sells the 28 pyong units for around 170,000,000 won, but across the river just outside the town limits similar units sell for 130,000 (mostly because they're older).

If you're interested, why not check the naver real estate app that lists apartment prices all over korea?
It's all in Korean (obviously) but I find it very intuitive. I used it to find the place I'm currently living in.
https://land.naver.com/

Just click the region you're interested in, zoom in wherever, and it lists all the places for rent, for jeonse, and for sale. You also get crap tonnes of info, including floor, age, size, seller, and even apartment layout schematics. :)

• Lazio
  • Veteran

• January 27, 2018, 03:56:10 pm
    • Gyeongi-do
« Reply #2834 on: May 09, 2019, 10:44:00 pm »

I live in something similar, and the 매매 listing vary wildly depending on location and age of the building.
The complex I live in generally sells the 28 pyong units for around 170,000,000 won, but across the river just outside the town limits similar units sell for 130,000 (mostly because they're older).

If you're interested, why not check the naver real estate app that lists apartment prices all over korea?
It's all in Korean (obviously) but I find it very intuitive. I used it to find the place I'm currently living in.
https://land.naver.com/

Just click the region you're interested in, zoom in wherever, and it lists all the places for rent, for jeonse, and for sale. You also get crap tonnes of info, including floor, age, size, seller, and even apartment layout schematics. :)

Thanks but I'm all familiar with these. As a matter of fact, I own two properties here.
I was just wondering what "city" does he/she live in? How small of a town are we talking about and how far out there it is in the sticks?
I would say a town with a population of around 50.000?
You don't see these prices even in the rural, "far from everything" parts of Gyeongi-do.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 10:50:46 pm by Lazio »

« Reply #2835 on: May 10, 2019, 06:56:15 am »
Thanks but I'm all familiar with these. As a matter of fact, I own two properties here.
I was just wondering what "city" does he/she live in? How small of a town are we talking about and how far out there it is in the sticks?
I would say a town with a population of around 50.000?
You don't see these prices even in the rural, "far from everything" parts of Gyeongi-do.

I obviously can't tell you *ahem* exactly where I am, but it's in Chungnam, for almost anonymity sake.  I suppose you'd class it as 'rural' by Korea's definition.  my city is about 100 000 people, and there is a lot of new apartment complexes being built. it has a Lotte mart, train station and is prefect.  I mean, I've lived here over 10 years and it's just really comfortable.  there are only about 5 or 6 native teachers here, but I don't know them.  I think this apartment would be in the region of 2억5000.  When I lived in my one room ages ago I always thought that the apartment areas always looked sterile and I never really fancied it, but now I'm in one, they usually have a gym (usually about 10 000 -15 000 won a month), the security guys are good, the soundproofing is very good and it's just generally a totally different way to live here from the usual E2 one room thing (which is fine, by the way  ;D)

I found it quite interesting this time, as I saw other 1000/60 or more commonly 2000/50 apartments for a similar size (30-34 pyeong) property but older complexes.  so feel lucky that I could talk the owner down from 1000/60 to 500/60 for an apartment that is only a year old.  This was supposed to be my last year here, but now I think I'll get all house proud, and also as I paid off my car too in January.  Hmm, decisions decisions.  that is why I asked for only a one year contract with the owner.  I saw other properties but think that IF I leave I'll be breaking my contract two months early, so if I have a desirable property then someone can move in straight away.  I saw the 'joo taeks' but thought that people don't really want to live in those nowadays, so if I break my contract, it's possible that there wouldn't be someone to move in. 

there was one 34 pyoeng that was 1000/50 and I asked to drop it to 500/60 (that was my bargaining idea) but the owner has a Korean tenant in now, and he'd spent most of his deposit money so couldn't drop the price.   :laugh:  there was another one that estate agent gave a warning about the owner by saying that the reason his 34 pyeong apartment was so cheap (500/45) was because he needed money to pour into his business and that it was risky as if everything went toots up,  my apartment would be sold first.  Getting the money back wouldn't be a problem but just that I'd have to move again.  not worth it.   
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 07:10:52 am by Ronnie Omelettes »

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #2836 on: May 10, 2019, 07:23:34 am »
http://youtu.be/Df0YG3qfZ8E

FFVII remake has finally gotten a trailer, and it's everything I need to make it through today.
The World Ends With You

• Datasapien
  • Super Waygook

• February 04, 2012, 09:36:25 pm
    • Chungcheongbuk-do
    more
« Reply #2837 on: May 10, 2019, 07:43:42 am »
FFVII remake has finally gotten a trailer, and it's everything I need to make it through today.

Oh my dayz, looks savage.
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man." - Jebediah Springfield.

« Reply #2838 on: May 10, 2019, 07:47:53 am »

one of the best  :wink:  actually, the newly built apartments made by the big companies tend to be up to pretty good spec with safety stuff like multiple sprinklers, heat detectors, and almost all have the 'shelter' room to escape to.  the one I'm moving into was a bit weird as it had a retractable ladder down to the next floor, through a hatch and then that floor had one going down to the next floor.  not sure how that works, I wasn't really paying attention. 

"Up to spec"? Yes.

Managed by 80 year old Koreans? Also yes.

« Reply #2839 on: May 10, 2019, 10:02:00 am »
I'm also stunned at that apartment deal you got.

Just to confirm, it's a huge apartment and you only paid 5 million key money for 600,000 per month rent?  That's the same price as the tiny one room my school was renting (in Busan).

Location location location haha!!