Read 831435 times

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #3580 on: December 06, 2021, 12:13:25 pm »
What's got two thumbs and is getting renewed for a third year at their middle school?

THIS GUY.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #3581 on: December 06, 2021, 12:18:43 pm »
Congratulations on the pair of thumbs!

« Reply #3582 on: December 20, 2021, 01:38:45 pm »
This is a good week! Christmas week is always a good week. My students are doing a Xmas puzzle today, tomorrow is a Xmas crossword, Wednesday is UNO day, and Thursday is either scrabble or a movie. Friday, no classes.
So, I get to be the classic bad teacher and drink coffee, catch up on some reading, spend some time on the net...basically a few days of free time. I will play scrabble of course, but the rest of the time I'll just let them have some fun with little adult interference. Nothing like mental health days  ;D ;D

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #3583 on: December 20, 2021, 01:58:35 pm »
This is a good week! Christmas week is always a good week. My students are doing a Xmas puzzle today, tomorrow is a Xmas crossword, Wednesday is UNO day, and Thursday is either scrabble or a movie. Friday, no classes.
So, I get to be the classic bad teacher and drink coffee, catch up on some reading, spend some time on the net...basically a few days of free time. I will play scrabble of course, but the rest of the time I'll just let them have some fun with little adult interference. Nothing like mental health days  ;D ;D

Nice! I've been doing some what am I riddles. My students really enjoyed them. They actually got annoyed when I skipped over one/s that I thought would be too hard haha.

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• NZ
« Reply #3584 on: December 20, 2021, 02:01:52 pm »
Weighed myself yesterday. Down to 68KG. :D Over 30kg lost this year in total - including weight I put on and took off again, and started around 93 or 94kg. :D
Working on a new exercise related goal, and have been thinking about studying again, I've been thinking of changing from teaching ESL to going back home to be a high school guidance councilor or social worker. Sadly, I can't do a social work degree online, as they require frequent, in person only, workshops every year as part of the course. D:

« Reply #3585 on: December 20, 2021, 02:25:03 pm »
Ahhh... Awesome Kayos! What a great weight loss. What's your new exercise goal?

A new direction! Sounds excellent! You're at a good age to restudy and choose a different career.

Riddles are fun. I downloaded a riddle book a few weeks back. Good idea for New Year's week.

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• NZ
« Reply #3586 on: December 20, 2021, 02:56:22 pm »
Ahhh... Awesome Kayos! What a great weight loss. What's your new exercise goal?

A new direction! Sounds excellent! You're at a good age to restudy and choose a different career.

Riddles are fun. I downloaded a riddle book a few weeks back. Good idea for New Year's week.

Thank you! :D
Currently, my new exercise goal is to maintain my weight around 65 - 70kg. I'll probably look to get a muscley look next, I don't really want to be super bulky, but I would like to get to the point where my biceps are shown without flexing haha. Maybe abs, but I don't think I have the discipline to follow my diet strict enough for abs. But, I would like to work on my stomach a bit more also. My stomach is probably the weakest part of my look now haha.

Yeah, Ideally I would like to stay here and work while I study. my workload here is pretty light, and would be able to use a lot of my workday for studying. I really only need to prep for my Wednesday school now, and we've worked out we should do, so prep work is really light. I'm considering doing maybe a year or 2 diploma or something while I'm here, and then study social work after that and return to nz at the same time, maybe get a job in the field of the diploma to tide me over until I graduate.
I was also thinking of doing accounting / finance, not really cause I'm interested in it as a career, but cause I think it would be a good life skill to have, and NZ seem to have a demand for accountants, so I could probably do that kind of work for a few years while studying, and potentially use the skills to help families I might help as a social worker. The good thing with this plan, is my teaching xp here in Korea is counted as social work XP back in NZ too. :D

I'm still debating what I want to do, but I'm in the spot where I'm starting to feel a bit of burn out with teaching, even though I love teaching at my 3 schools, so wunna do something different. But I'm unsure what I really want to do haha.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #3587 on: December 21, 2021, 11:11:27 pm »
Korean hot mustard paste!
(Wasabi's lesser-known cousin)

A truly undermentioned staple, of supermarkets nationwide.

Supposedly to be added to cold spicy noodle dishes, but I add it to a steaming bean chili recipe (from back home) with extra shakes of black pepper. Yum!

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #3588 on: December 28, 2021, 04:22:12 pm »
My new favourite waygook.org user

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #3589 on: January 07, 2022, 12:07:06 pm »
3 Day Zoom Camp finished.

I have 10 days vacation and 3 days off for booster recoup.

Oh, also I work from home until the 15th of Feb.

8th of Jan to 15th of Feb. No school.  Oh, also............... .

:police: Hold on, when I work from home do I actually........... ... you know............... .............

:-* (quietly): Just don't fly anywhere.

:police: Understood.

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #3590 on: January 07, 2022, 12:18:50 pm »
3 Day Zoom Camp finished.

I have 10 days vacation and 3 days off for booster recoup.

Oh, also I work from home until the 15th of Feb.

8th of Jan to 15th of Feb. No school.  Oh, also............... .

:police: Hold on, when I work from home do I actually........... ... you know............... .............

:-* (quietly): Just don't fly anywhere.

:police: Understood.

It use to be like this everywhere back in the good old days. When Korea was good everyone use to get to stay home during vacation. Now we go in for days and days of deskwarming. All for 2.1. If Korea doesn't get its act together teachers will leave. The up and coming places like China are everything that Korea use to be. If my situation wasn't as good as it is, I'd already be in China. When covid is over I'll be gone. Maybe.
"in real life I have a Mensa level IQ. Thatís the opposite of mentally retarded. People have told me Iím the smartest person theyíve ever met. Has anyone said that to you? Probably not."

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #3591 on: January 07, 2022, 12:20:49 pm »
I'd congratulate you on your awesome vacation schedule (grats!), but I just now saw your preceding post and am still trying do process my sadness and bitterness...  :sad:

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #3592 on: January 07, 2022, 12:22:58 pm »
you're still my favorite, kyndo :)
more gg more skill

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #3593 on: January 07, 2022, 01:02:30 pm »
I just now saw your preceding post and am still trying do process my sadness and bitterness...  :sad:
Hold on, were you under the impression that you were my favourite before?

That would be a two-way split between D-Mart and hankook77.

• Bakeacake
  • Adventurer

• July 12, 2010, 01:35:40 pm
    • Pohang South Korea
« Reply #3594 on: January 07, 2022, 01:13:59 pm »
Hold on, were you under the impression that you were my favourite before?

That would be a two-way split between D-Mart and hankook77.

...the frig?
happy note, my vacation also starts today, and this morning i was offered a second job starting in march that id be able to do alongside my current job, putting me in a retarded earning position, should i decide to take it. i have a week of golf, and learning to bake various kinds of bread and carrot cake to mull it over

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #3595 on: January 07, 2022, 01:19:00 pm »
...the frig?
happy note, my vacation also starts today, and this morning i was offered a second job starting in march that id be able to do alongside my current job, putting me in a retarded earning position, should i decide to take it. i have a week of golf, and learning to bake various kinds of bread and carrot cake to mull it over

He turned his back on you pretty quick
"in real life I have a Mensa level IQ. Thatís the opposite of mentally retarded. People have told me Iím the smartest person theyíve ever met. Has anyone said that to you? Probably not."

• Bakeacake
  • Adventurer

• July 12, 2010, 01:35:40 pm
    • Pohang South Korea
« Reply #3596 on: January 07, 2022, 01:36:01 pm »
He turned his back on you pretty quick
Everytime i see his "earth sandwich" pic posted again and again to 9gag, i think of him...  but now... I vow to comment on it everytime, That's KEVIN! He killed my dog with that very piece of poisoned bread!

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #3597 on: January 07, 2022, 01:42:08 pm »
That's KEVIN! He killed my dog with that very piece of poisoned bread!

https://youtu.be/t09gU9UvDCM?t=948

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #3598 on: January 09, 2022, 12:26:25 pm »
This always makes me smile :)

https://youtu.be/aYOg8EON29Y