Read 484459 times

Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #340 on: May 12, 2016, 02:29:30 pm »
Open class finished. Kids were a little reticent to speak at first but eventually got over it. Feeling good now.  ;D

• Zaiterade
  • Super Waygook

• September 08, 2015, 07:36:23 am
« Reply #341 on: May 12, 2016, 02:32:25 pm »
Started today at a new Elementary school and it was great! When I came here I was placed at 2 middle schools, and one tiny elementary school where I never planned anything (20 kids in the whole school). This school is a little bigger (around 60), and I planned my first "big" elementary lessons today. I love these kids! I'm sure there will be plenty of weak days and I'm sure deep down I will learn to be annoyed by them, but compared to my middle school full of loud and obnoxious boys, this is a piece of cake!

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• September 16, 2015, 02:23:16 am
    • Korealand
« Reply #342 on: May 13, 2016, 10:29:12 am »
Got invited to go watch a baseball game!! That's gonna be fun.

During class the main activity was a board game and one of the students declared to another: "You are elephant dung. I am winner!"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #343 on: May 13, 2016, 10:46:39 am »

During class the main activity was a board game and one of the students declared to another: "You are elephant dung. I am winner!"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Are you sure you didn't mishear 똥? hahaha
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #344 on: May 13, 2016, 11:11:43 am »
Started today at a new Elementary school and it was great! When I came here I was placed at 2 middle schools, and one tiny elementary school where I never planned anything (20 kids in the whole school). This school is a little bigger (around 60), and I planned my first "big" elementary lessons today. I love these kids! I'm sure there will be plenty of weak days and I'm sure deep down I will learn to be annoyed by them, but compared to my middle school full of loud and obnoxious boys, this is a piece of cake!

Elementary is hell... I teach 3 days a week elementary and it is soul destroying-no-understanding-shouty-fighty-madness. Those 2 days I teach Middle, today and Monday are the reasons I came to this thread :) Good luck. May the 3rd and 4th graders not destroy you.

• Imogen1991
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 18, 2015, 12:26:47 am
    • Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
« Reply #345 on: May 13, 2016, 11:22:06 am »

Elementary is hell... I teach 3 days a week elementary and it is soul destroying-no-understanding-shouty-fighty-madness. Those 2 days I teach Middle, today and Monday are the reasons I came to this thread :) Good luck. May the 3rd and 4th graders not destroy you.

I guess everyone is different! I love my little ones. Hate the 6th graders' bad attitudes and lack of motivation. Give me cute but crazy and enthusiastic 3rd 4th graders all day every day!

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #346 on: May 13, 2016, 11:56:49 am »
Teachers' Day is this Sunday, so the students at my school have been making buttons for their teachers. I wasn't expecting to get any, but I've actually gotten four so far.

Don't let that top left one fool you, though. I don't come to work in ABC boxer shorts, and I only wear my halter tops like three days a week, tops.

EDIT: Holy balls, huge pic was huge. Sorry 'bout that. Resized it.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 12:05:27 pm by Mister Tim »

« Reply #347 on: May 13, 2016, 12:04:19 pm »
Mister Tim, those buttons are so cute! And I'm sure you look fabulous in crop tops and boxer shorts. :laugh:

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #348 on: May 13, 2016, 12:20:21 pm »

Are you sure you didn't mishear 똥? hahaha

It's entirely possible! He actually said it several times but i couldn't distinguish if he said dung or 똥, haha. Either way, pretty much the same meaning, eh?  :laugh:

« Reply #349 on: May 13, 2016, 01:05:12 pm »
Handwritten messages for Teachers Day are just about the best thing ever~

• khalavala
  • Expert Waygook

• July 31, 2014, 06:13:40 am
    • Toronto
    more
« Reply #350 on: May 16, 2016, 12:51:04 pm »
was given camp dates today and went ahead and booked my vacation to japan! banzai!

« Reply #351 on: May 16, 2016, 12:59:54 pm »
Teachers day!

Wine at cake at 9am... Great way to start a Monday. Also kids made us a PPT and song, with all our pictures in and short messages of appreciation.  ;D

« Reply #352 on: May 17, 2016, 09:21:55 am »
I'm having the kids draw comics this week using the target language of the current chapter.

Realized yesterday that the kids really need a sample comic to help inspire them and speed up the process a bit, so I drew one today of a drowsy unicorn because I'm drowsy today and I love unicorns.

One of my kids asked me if the unicorn was on crack.

I couldn't be more proud.

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #353 on: May 17, 2016, 09:30:48 am »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• antmar
  • Veteran

• January 13, 2016, 07:03:08 am
    • Pyeongtaek, South Korea
« Reply #354 on: May 17, 2016, 09:51:01 am »
So I didn't know if this was a rant or a rave so I decided to put this here because it ended on a good note.

Yesterday after school I went on my usual running route. This was only my 3rd time running and I had already discovered a route I like that involves passing by the downtown police station. Well I started to get a bit impatient this time with the waiting time so I pushed the crosswalk button. Once the light changed I started to run again and within minutes 4 cops flew past me and I got to wonder why. It was then that I realized I had pressed an police emergency response button. Whoops. I just kept on running hoping that nothing would happen. But man was that one nerve racking run. I decided to run past the police station just to see if they would do anything or even notice that it was I that had pushed the button. I did it and nothing happened. Guess it's safe to say I'm okay.  :afro:

• The Arm
  • Expert Waygook

• March 09, 2015, 09:15:02 am
« Reply #355 on: May 17, 2016, 09:59:35 am »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Amazing  :laugh: :laugh:

• TeresaD
  • Veteran

• March 31, 2015, 08:00:44 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #356 on: May 17, 2016, 11:20:06 am »
So I didn't know if this was a rant or a rave so I decided to put this here because it ended on a good note.

Yesterday after school I went on my usual running route. This was only my 3rd time running and I had already discovered a route I like that involves passing by the downtown police station. Well I started to get a bit impatient this time with the waiting time so I pushed the crosswalk button. Once the light changed I started to run again and within minutes 4 cops flew past me and I got to wonder why. It was then that I realized I had pressed an police emergency response button. Whoops. I just kept on running hoping that nothing would happen. But man was that one nerve racking run. I decided to run past the police station just to see if they would do anything or even notice that it was I that had pushed the button. I did it and nothing happened. Guess it's safe to say I'm okay.  :afro:

:laugh: :laugh: My husband almost pressed what I suspect was a panic button the other day. I practically shouted, "Don't!" because I had a feeling it wasn't the crosswalk button (even though I didn't know what it was). Glad he didn't press it because we were strolling, not running!

That is so hilarious, I have tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing your awkward mistake ;D
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

« Reply #357 on: May 17, 2016, 11:23:27 am »

:laugh: :laugh: My husband almost pressed what I suspect was a panic button the other day. I practically shouted, "Don't!" because I had a feeling it wasn't the crosswalk button (even though I didn't know what it was). Glad he didn't press it because we were strolling, not running!

That is so hilarious, I have tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing your awkward mistake ;D

Oh gosh, I did almost do that didn't I... That would've been terrible  :laugh:
Label these things in English as well, come now, you gotta think that's a good idea. Just one word "emergency" understood by almost everyone who can read the roman alphabet, English or otherwise.  :undecided:

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #358 on: May 17, 2016, 11:52:44 am »
There's 6 grade 2 girls (whom I don't teach) that are in my class and they are all giggling and Gai-Bai-Boing each other. The loser has to come say "Hello" to me. Theyre on round 7.

Too cute.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• nomadicmadda
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 01, 2014, 06:49:40 am
    • Seoul, formerly Boseong
    more
« Reply #359 on: May 17, 2016, 12:33:02 pm »
My students crack me up.  They're designing restaurant menus right now, and I came to check on a table doing a really expensive steak restaurant.  They have food ranging between $50 and $150, but then this one side dish for $0.10 labeled "bread for 장발장"

장발장 is Jean Valjean.  From Les Mis.  They said it's "bread for poor people so they can still eat at the restaurant" omfg  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: