Read 640054 times

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #3240 on: August 25, 2020, 08:36:11 am »
Grats Colburnnn! Off to greener pastures!

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #3241 on: August 25, 2020, 08:59:17 am »
nice colburn. nice hefty severance too! what's the plan?

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #3242 on: August 25, 2020, 09:03:34 am »

« Reply #3243 on: August 25, 2020, 09:14:16 am »
Saw my first wild snake this morning :D

First ever, or first in Korea? Aren’t you from New Zealand??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saw my first ever “wild” macaws today in the trees next to the reservoir I circle around during my run. More likely they’re “rewilded” or perhaps runaways (flyaways?).

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #3244 on: August 25, 2020, 09:55:08 am »
Got a few options going on, but definitely an extended break first. Spend some time with the folks, travel where possible, you know the drill.

This job isn’t the same as it was before the Wu-Flu, and for me, it’s not enjoyable and I need a new challenge. Bloody love the country and the experience I’ve had though! Would recommend EPIK and Korea to anyone.

Gonna feel nice to not be tied to a bloody contract for the first time in a few years, that’s for sure!

I’m sure I’ll check in to see what’s going on here now and then, we all need a laugh sometimes after all... Most of the users on here seem like quality folk who just want some banter, and to that I say ‘nice one bro!’. The others, a complete lost cause and unbelievably brainwashed/brain dead, but it’s fun all the same.

Peace out y’all! And remember, birdwatching is duller than dull, eye serum is questionable at best, don’t be surprised when the President gets re-elected and tomorrow is Saturday and Sunday comes afterwards...

CB x
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #3245 on: August 25, 2020, 10:03:14 am »
aye sounds grand. feels really liberating not being tied to job. enjoy a well-deserved break!

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #3246 on: August 25, 2020, 10:14:29 am »
First ever, or first in Korea? Aren’t you from New Zealand??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saw my first ever “wild” macaws today in the trees next to the reservoir I circle around during my run. More likely they’re “rewilded” or perhaps runaways (flyaways?).

I'm from New Zealand, we don't get snakes in the wild there. At least not anywhere I've ever been.
While walking to work this morning, I saw a small baby snake that was chasing a little frog.

« Reply #3247 on: August 25, 2020, 10:32:49 am »
I'm from New Zealand, we don't get snakes in the wild there. At least not anywhere I've ever been.
While walking to work this morning, I saw a small baby snake that was chasing a little frog.

Ah. So you mean to say you’re from Ireland.  Jk! I had no idea New Zealand also doesn’t have any native snakes to speak of.

Always cute to see inter-species horseplay!

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #3248 on: August 25, 2020, 10:34:58 am »
aye sounds grand. feels really liberating not being tied to job. enjoy a well-deserved break!

Thanks brother! Wish you the best in your future. x

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #3249 on: August 25, 2020, 10:36:34 am »
gonna miss u CB :(

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #3250 on: August 25, 2020, 10:41:16 am »
Got a few options going on, but definitely an extended break first. Spend some time with the folks, travel where possible, you know the drill.

This job isn’t the same as it was before the Wu-Flu, and for me, it’s not enjoyable and I need a new challenge. Bloody love the country and the experience I’ve had though! Would recommend EPIK and Korea to anyone.

Gonna feel nice to not be tied to a bloody contract for the first time in a few years, that’s for sure!

I’m sure I’ll check in to see what’s going on here now and then, we all need a laugh sometimes after all... Most of the users on here seem like quality folk who just want some banter, and to that I say ‘nice one bro!’. The others, a complete lost cause and unbelievably brainwashed/brain dead, but it’s fun all the same.

Peace out y’all! And remember, birdwatching is duller than dull, eye serum is questionable at best, don’t be surprised when the President gets re-elected and tomorrow is Saturday and Sunday comes afterwards...

CB x

I hear you about the job.  Enjoy your your next step. 

« Reply #3251 on: August 25, 2020, 10:47:25 am »
New Zealand doesn't even allow snakes in zoos.  So there are no live snakes at all in New Zealand.  I always get excited whenever I see one.  Unfortunately they usually go before I can get a photo of them.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #3252 on: August 25, 2020, 10:58:24 am »
gonna miss u CB :(

Dw, if I see something extra spicy imma jump in. Just no more desk warming duties so will be sporadic.

RESTECP and adios senor. <3

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #3253 on: August 25, 2020, 10:59:44 am »
I hear you about the job.  Enjoy your your next step. 

It just ain't the same, is it? Peace, love and good fortune!

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #3254 on: August 25, 2020, 01:02:03 pm »
New Zealand doesn't even allow snakes in zoos.  So there are no live snakes at all in New Zealand.  I always get excited whenever I see one.  Unfortunately they usually go before I can get a photo of them.

I'm sure I've seen a snake in an NZ zoo before, I remember seeing one there as a kid, so around 20 - 25 years ago.
But, it's also possible my memory from that time is corrupt. :o

« Reply #3255 on: August 25, 2020, 03:31:02 pm »
I'm sure I've seen a snake in an NZ zoo before, I remember seeing one there as a kid, so around 20 - 25 years ago.
But, it's also possible my memory from that time is corrupt. :o

Perhaps they just snipped off the legs of one of your many lizard varieties. :lipsrsealed:

« Reply #3256 on: August 25, 2020, 03:32:09 pm »
Yeah, I thought I had too, but when I checked on the internet they say there are none in the zoo. And I couldn't find anywhere saying that there used to be.  I guess the ones caught by custom are killed or returned to their country of origin (that would be nicer than killing them.  So maybe it was a 'water snake'?  or just memories from watching tv.

I do remember a big scare on the news when a large shedded snake skin was found in Auckland (I think).  An illegally imported shed skin.

I saw a small snake crossing the road in front of me on Sunday when I was biking.  Gone so quickly - not even time to think about stopping to take a photo.  I usually see a couple each year - I guess it depends how much countryside biking I've done.  Or hiking!

« Reply #3257 on: September 08, 2020, 10:09:00 am »
Not sure if it’s a push for market share or what, but 콘프라이트 and 콘프로스트 have been on sale for like 3165 KRW for like the last month and a half now. Together they now comprise about half my meals.

« Reply #3258 on: September 08, 2020, 03:27:29 pm »
Since I just posted a vent, gotta post something good. Was video chatting with my nephew, he is 3. He is obsessed with fans. This is the conversation:

Me: Hey !
Him: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Me: What's up little man?
Him: Do you have a fan?
Me: No, I don't have a fan.
Him: You need to go to the store to buy a fan.
Me: but I have no money :(
Him: *Goes to get piggy bank*

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #3259 on: September 29, 2020, 09:45:43 am »
Found an amazing makgeolli on coupang. It's a porridge base to start the fermentation and then they add more steamed rice 3 days later and again 3 days after that. Boozy, a little thicker and the perfect tartness. Well, well worth the 10 000W. (it's 12.5%. You'd easily spend that on a cheap red wine, don't let the fact that it's "JuSt MaKgEoLli" discourage you)

https://www.coupang.com/vp/products/50478124?vendorItemId=3425335980&isAddedCart=

Couple more honourable mentions:

This one has a final stage in its bottle conditioning. Crack the cap and watch the show inside the bottle. Great experience.
https://www.coupang.com/vp/products/233607924?isAddedCart=

This one is a solid sippable mak (and you get two bottles, the price is right.
https://www.coupang.com/vp/products/218520947?isAddedCart=
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 09:48:19 am by CO2 »
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?