Read 554220 times

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #3040 on: March 18, 2020, 02:38:54 pm »
Bunch of money just came in so I splurged and got a 50inch Philips 4K UHD TV.

Comes tomorrow. Should look great compared to my 23inch BenQ
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• alexisalex
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 02, 2014, 05:10:24 pm
« Reply #3041 on: March 18, 2020, 03:03:25 pm »
Nice  8)

« Reply #3042 on: April 08, 2020, 02:25:19 pm »
Nice  8)

March 18th - the last time anyone was happy.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #3043 on: April 08, 2020, 02:45:05 pm »
Man, thanks uber much to  Ronnie Omelette for posting the VSDC video editor as a resource.

I made an online video for my middle school kiddos, and I'm in the process of adding myself as a teacher's assistant, and am working on putting myself in the student desks too (one me per desk! Full class!). Low-key mocking my students' in-class behaviour is extremely cathartic.  :azn:

... it's gonna be hard going back to my regular co-teaching routine after this.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #3044 on: April 08, 2020, 02:52:54 pm »
        I made an online video for my middle school kiddos, and I'm in the process of adding myself as a teacher's assistant, and am working on putting myself in the student desks too (one me per desk! Full class!). Low-key mocking my students' in-class behaviour is extremely cathartic.  :azn:

Oh, man. That's a good idea. Pretend to be a student. hahahaha Thank you.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #3045 on: April 08, 2020, 03:01:13 pm »
I don't feel bad about sharing the idea, especially as I totally stole your intro idea :laugh:

Also, I'm doing the same books as you are, apparently, but don't yet have the files for it. Did you grabb them from an online source? A DVD?

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #3046 on: April 08, 2020, 03:03:48 pm »
I don't feel bad about sharing the idea, especially as I totally stole your intro idea :laugh:

Also, I'm doing the same books as you are, apparently, but don't yet have the files for it. Did you grabb them from an online source? A DVD?
We have a DVD but all the teachers laptops are new and they don't have drives.

Co-T handed me a USB stick with all the content on it for 1-3.

« Reply #3047 on: April 08, 2020, 03:44:45 pm »
The air is good, so I'm taking my bike out when I get home

+

Was talking with my co-teacher and he said that the 16th/17th are kind of orientation lessons for students from the main subjects teachers.  So I have a weeks grace for my first video.  I was getting a bit panicked because I've just done one.  But now I have plenty of time to plan and shoot the next. 

+

Man, thanks uber much to  Ronnie Omelette for posting the VSDC video editor as a resource.

... it's gonna be hard going back to my regular co-teaching routine after this.

Praise indeed.  I've it simple to use and free.  The rendering of my vid took an hour, but now it's all done.  Once you get used to the layering etc, VSDC is super simple to use.  I originally downloaded Movavi, but they put watermarks in their finished videos. 

Your idea Kyndo.  Am I right in thinking that you're going to fix the camera pointing at the class.  Say, for example, it is three desks across, one in the right, one in the middle and one on the left?  So you will shoot three videos with you in each position, all as a different students, and then overlay the three videos in VSDC so they are one?  So there are three of you sat in the same classroom in the finished video?  Right?  I thought about this and the trick would be to not touch the camera because even slight movement will make the shot out of sync.   :undecided:

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #3048 on: April 08, 2020, 03:52:44 pm »
My window sill.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #3049 on: April 08, 2020, 05:13:22 pm »
Your idea Kyndo.  Am I right in thinking that you're going to fix the camera pointing at the class.  Say, for example, it is three desks across, one in the right, one in the middle and one on the left?  So you will shoot three videos with you in each position, all as a different students, and then overlay the three videos in VSDC so they are one?  So there are three of you sat in the same classroom in the finished video?  Right?  I thought about this and the trick would be to not touch the camera because even slight movement will make the shot out of sync.   :undecided:

Sort of!
     I used my cellphone to make the videos. I duct taped it to a box 'cause I don't have a tripod. I basically do all the clone videos in one go: 20 seconds or so in each chair (I'm a sucker for punishment: I'm doing 12). I took my time swapping in props (like a book, a baseball cap, a paper airplane, a rucksack etc) because I knew I'd be chopping the video up anyway. I then use the video editor to cut, splice, and synch.
I did it this way because I don't want to touch my phone and jiggle the camera angle. Also, I notice that if I get really close to the phone, it can change the auto exposure settings, which means a whole lot more work fiddling with brightness / contrast settings in the editor.

Here's a great tutorial on cloning for the editor that I found really useful! http://www.videosoftdev.com/video-clone-yourself

If they can do it with 3, I can do it with 12!  :P

Oh, and that Gaussian blurring bit they mention definitely makes a huge difference!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 05:16:39 pm by kyndo »

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #3050 on: April 08, 2020, 05:40:08 pm »
The Seoul Metropolitan Government on Wednesday ordered the closure of entertainment establishments such as nightclubs and room salons until April 19, amid mounting concerns that mass infections may have occurred at a bar in the city. 

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200408000774

« Reply #3051 on: April 09, 2020, 12:21:16 am »
Well, at least my local pubs are still up and running...looks like another Saturday night session looming...

« Reply #3052 on: April 09, 2020, 08:01:17 am »

+

Was talking with my co-teacher and he said that the 16th/17th are kind of orientation lessons for students from the main subjects teachers.  So I have a weeks grace for my first video.  I was getting a bit panicked because I've just done one.  But now I have plenty of time to plan and shoot the next. 

+

Praise indeed.  I've it simple to use and free.  The rendering of my vid took an hour, but now it's all done.  Once you get used to the layering etc, VSDC is super simple to use.  I originally downloaded Movavi, but they put watermarks in their finished videos. 

Where's it posted? I can't find it :( I need resource :(

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #3053 on: April 09, 2020, 08:17:28 am »

« Reply #3054 on: April 09, 2020, 08:18:04 am »
     Sort of!
     I used my cellphone to make the videos. I duct taped it to a box 'cause I don't have a tripod. I basically do all the clone videos in one go: 20 seconds or so in each chair (I'm a sucker for punishment: I'm doing 12). I took my time swapping in props (like a book, a baseball cap, a paper airplane, a rucksack etc) because I knew I'd be chopping the video up anyway. I then use the video editor to cut, splice, and synch.
I did it this way because I don't want to touch my phone and jiggle the camera angle. Also, I notice that if I get really close to the phone, it can change the auto exposure settings, which means a whole lot more work fiddling with brightness / contrast settings in the editor.

Here's a great tutorial on cloning for the editor that I found really useful! http://www.videosoftdev.com/video-clone-yourself

Sounds brilliant that Kyndo.  I think being given free rein to do anything in the videos is bringing out the creative side of people.  Considering, for my part, I have one week to make two/three videos, I'm basically being given time to be an actor, director, writer and producer all in one go, and getting paid for it.  :laugh:  Let's hope I don't go all harvey weinstein and make myself turn up to auditions in a bikini or something to get a job.  I went shopping on Monday and bought some props like glasses (which were way too small) and other bits. 

Not bike, but I thought old-fashion it and I hiked up the 'mountain' next to my apartment and managed to catch the sunset.  Funny, when I posted these plus others (can't post some, as you'll find location spoilers), my family were amazed.  'Wow, you live somewhere so beautiful' 'I thought you lived in an industrial area'. 

Where's it posted? I can't find it :( I need resource :(

Think it's this one...  https://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=119646.0

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #3055 on: April 09, 2020, 08:32:56 am »
That's a beautiful set of photos!
Now that you've told everybody that you won't give location spoilers, my brain suddenly becomes very interested in examining those pics for clues.
...argh!
...is it near a place with ap******san in it's name?  :lipsrsealed:

« Reply #3056 on: April 09, 2020, 08:45:25 am »
That's a beautiful set of photos!
Now that you've told everybody that you won't give location spoilers, my brain suddenly becomes very interested in examining those pics for clues.
...argh!
...is it near a place with ap******san in it's name?  :lipsrsealed:

:laugh:  you know what fits perfectly in ap******san?  appendixsan.... :cheesy:

Not a popular mountain that.  Kind of pointless really, but painful sometimes, some might say.  Sometimes gone  :-*

If you know somewhere with a sunset....erm and trees, with erm... a path......and a....ah...... a sky.  Then you're almost there. 

I was thinking when you posted your lovely pictures from walking a few weeks ago, you had the building name in one.... which tweaked my interest.  Mine seem sufficiently blurry, so as to maintain anonymity. 

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #3057 on: April 09, 2020, 09:02:45 am »
my family were amazed.  'Wow, you live somewhere so beautiful' 'I thought you lived in an industrial area'. 

That's one of the best things about living in Korea. Even if you do live in an industrial area, you're never far from somewhere beautiful. You might not always be "Five minute walk out the back door"-level close to beautiful scenery, but a short bus/car/train ride is generally all it takes.

« Reply #3058 on: April 09, 2020, 10:55:41 am »
That's one of the best things about living in Korea. Even if you do live in an industrial area, you're never far from somewhere beautiful. You might not always be "Five minute walk out the back door"-level close to beautiful scenery, but a short bus/car/train ride is generally all it takes.

Yep Mr C, definitely.  There are some really lovely areas here and easily reachable.  I think my family got the idea about that because I always complain about the pollution, which they think only seems to happen in England in innercity areas and also in the industrial areas.  This particular mountain, which I will call appendixsan for Kyndo's sake, I have hiked up for about four years and used to scramble up it just to catch the sunset on the other side.  There is also a particular valley in it with a stream down the middle with birds singing, deer etc wondering around, that I love so much because it's also so quiet that I want my ashes spread somewhere similar to it in England.  My family are tasked with finding an equivalent   :laugh:  Could be tricky though.

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #3059 on: April 09, 2020, 11:02:25 am »