Read 486337 times

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2760 on: April 05, 2019, 09:59:56 am »
Got one of the good Korean Surprises today.

Nobody told me about the science festival, so I have no class today. Time for free time :azn:

My kids have a science festival today as well!
But it just means that my morning classes are being shifted to the afternoons.  :sad:
Meaning I can't skip out early...

« Reply #2761 on: April 05, 2019, 10:26:50 am »
Last night was the first time in almost a year where I not only managed to get a full night's sleep, but I also didn't spend ages falling asleep AND I didn't wake up not once in the night to spend another couple of ages falling back asleep. AND, my allergies have been kept in check with prescription meds for the past couple of weeks, so I didn't have any of that taking the piss out of my sleep, either.

I've forgotten what it feels like to be this fully rested. Is this what it's like to be a kid again?

i was recommended 5-HTP, by a Bulgarian taxi driver in Malta during the winter holidays, and decided to give it a shot to help me sleep when I do my night classes, and it's been great.  gives me some weird dreams that I remember, but seems to put me out for the night, witnessed by the fact that my water glass is still full in the morning. 

• debbiem89
  • Expert Waygook

• August 30, 2016, 09:42:49 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #2762 on: April 05, 2019, 02:35:37 pm »
I've also been in the no classes boat today!

Sports Day   :smiley:

Nice weather, Friday and zero classes. It's definitely a ravey, happy kinda day.

• debbiem89
  • Expert Waygook

• South Korea
« Reply #2763 on: April 05, 2019, 02:36:44 pm »
Last night was the first time in almost a year where I not only managed to get a full night's sleep, but I also didn't spend ages falling asleep AND I didn't wake up not once in the night to spend another couple of ages falling back asleep. AND, my allergies have been kept in check with prescription meds for the past couple of weeks, so I didn't have any of that taking the piss out of my sleep, either.

I've forgotten what it feels like to be this fully rested. Is this what it's like to be a kid again?

i was recommended 5-HTP, by a Bulgarian taxi driver in Malta during the winter holidays, and decided to give it a shot to help me sleep when I do my night classes, and it's been great.  gives me some weird dreams that I remember, but seems to put me out for the night, witnessed by the fact that my water glass is still full in the morning.

Where'd you get it?

I took Melatonin a few times to try and help but it gave me such extreme nausea the following day, wasn't worth it.

« Reply #2764 on: April 05, 2019, 02:57:29 pm »

Where'd you get it?

I took Melatonin a few times to try and help but it gave me such extreme nausea the following day, wasn't worth it.

in February, I got some from Gmarket that included Taurine. but for some reason, on Gmarket they've stopped selling 5HTP.  so I used Coupang this time and got this one.  the coupang site + customs stuff is all in Korean, so hopefully you can navigate it.

https://www.coupang.com/vp/products/189611216?itemId=541549728&vendorItemId=4416798772&isAddedCart=

I ordered on the Friday and it got delivered on the following Thursday.  I didn't take these ones yet, as I still finishing the previous ones.  Usually about 200mgs an hour before bed is fine.  don't feel any problems with them.

• debbiem89
  • Expert Waygook

• South Korea
« Reply #2765 on: April 05, 2019, 03:19:59 pm »

Where'd you get it?

in February, I got some from Gmarket that included Taurine. but for some reason, on Gmarket they've stopped selling 5HTP.  so I used Coupang this time and got this one.  the coupang site + customs stuff is all in Korean, so hopefully you can navigate it.

https://www.coupang.com/vp/products/189611216?itemId=541549728&vendorItemId=4416798772&isAddedCart=

I ordered on the Friday and it got delivered on the following Thursday.  I didn't take these ones yet, as I still finishing the previous ones.  Usually about 200mgs an hour before bed is fine.  don't feel any problems with them.

Nice, thanks!

I'll check out the ingredients and stuff sometimes I can't take them.

But I will try anything for a bit of sleep aha.

« Reply #2766 on: April 05, 2019, 03:27:25 pm »

Where'd you get it?

Nice, thanks!

I'll check out the ingredients and stuff sometimes I can't take them.

But I will try anything for a bit of sleep aha.

:laugh:  oh, Ren, how we miss you....

doesn't work for everyone, and I was a little sceptical too but if I have night class, I get home at 8:30. shower, then some warm no-caffeine tea and read a bit of my book, and then take one about 9:20pm, continue reading and then I can usually sleep at 10pm.  wake up at 6am, feeling pretty good.  last year, I'd wake up about 2am for an hour and then wake up and drink my water every so often, or I wouldn't drop off until 12am.  now, my glass is still full in the morning.  making me a glass full person?  eh?   :cheesy:   :huh:  :sad:*crickets* 

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #2767 on: April 05, 2019, 07:46:37 pm »
Almost couldn't believe I was in Korea. A few of my students and even a teacher have the flu and are staying home!
In years gone by, the students would simply come to school (God knows why) and the teachers would come to show their "diligence", rendering both parties completely useless for at least 2 weeks while they infect everyone within coughing range.

• mattman
  • Waygookin

• May 17, 2016, 12:22:18 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #2768 on: April 08, 2019, 08:19:33 am »
Loving this new look, waygook!  Way to go!  8)

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #2769 on: April 08, 2019, 03:37:15 pm »
Jisan Valley Rock Festival is coming back this year.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #2770 on: April 08, 2019, 03:49:01 pm »
C ya there! Maybe. If I ever get around to buying tickets.

« Reply #2771 on: April 08, 2019, 03:55:46 pm »

i see a wonderful bromance on the horizon.... if you ever get around to it....

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #2772 on: April 08, 2019, 04:46:15 pm »
i see a wonderful bromance on the horizon.... if you ever get around to it....
What I need right now is Greenday's youtube video "When I come around", but with the cc captions all changed to "When I get around to it".
    All you desk-warmers, chop chop!

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #2773 on: April 08, 2019, 09:28:15 pm »
Two classes cancelled last minute (korean teacher to prep them for big test tomorrow) today so just one hour teaching...

Plus found out half my classes cancelled for two weeks due to test prep, starting wednesday, so... 2 hours teaching 4pm-6pm is all i have to do daily until the 24th.

I guess that makes today a great day?
I love teaching, so my initial reaction was to be a bit disappointed (had some great lesson plans i'll have to postpone).

So, i'm adding another hobby to my schedule this month: exploring the hills and valleys to the south, southwest of town, foot trails along one stream i know, maybe hiking paths nearby...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 09:31:29 pm by VanIslander »

« Reply #2774 on: April 09, 2019, 10:17:24 am »

Thanks, I'll look into it.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #2775 on: April 09, 2019, 11:32:52 am »
Bottle of 5-HTP is waiting outside my door as we speak. I'll let y'all know tomorrow if it's efficace.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #2776 on: April 09, 2019, 11:39:20 am »
but seems to put me out for the night, witnessed by the fact that my water glass is still full in the morning. 

The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #2777 on: April 09, 2019, 01:56:00 pm »
Bottle of 5-HTP is waiting outside my door as we speak. I'll let y'all know tomorrow if it's efficace.

really?  i hope so.  about 200mgs just before bed.  you might need to take for a week before it has an effect, or it may work straight away.

« Reply #2778 on: April 12, 2019, 07:02:22 am »

anything positive feedback?  or no difference?  or are you still asleep?   

• SanderB
  • Super Waygook

• June 02, 2018, 06:25:54 pm
    • Burning Oil Be Best
« Reply #2779 on: April 12, 2019, 07:25:31 am »
im just eating bananas and cappucinos to get my 5-htp fix.
Fiat voluntas tua- What you want is allowed