• Datasapien
  • Super Waygook

• February 04, 2012, 09:36:25 pm
    • Chungcheongbuk-do
    more
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2722 on: January 31, 2019, 12:28:52 pm »
Yeah snap. Hope they at least live long enough to see how wrong they are  :-[

I'm guessing the 'polar vortex' making its way down the reptilian brain of the USA at the moment isn't going to help convincing people there that global warming is a real threat either. Saw Trump made a tweet about it too, oh boy  :cry:

[I know the pic is of Aussies].
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 12:32:05 pm by Datasapien »
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man." - Jebediah Springfield.

• CypherSoul
  • Veteran

• May 02, 2018, 07:51:18 am
    • South Korea
    more
« Reply #2723 on: January 31, 2019, 01:51:59 pm »
So my question is, do you get paid extra if you do a camp at another school or even in another province which is not headed by your office of education? And how much is the pay?

My friends have the same problem figuring out the pay!

Last summer our school english camp got cancelled due to renovations.  I went and made 3 million won at another camp. Cool. That's 3 million i would not have made if the camp had not been cancelled. The upcoming winter camp is now looking doubtful again due to renovations possibly. I would be happy if it was cancelled. So would my supervisor teacher.

How did you find out about this? I am so curious as to how people get their camp work!

Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

• sbk
  • Veteran

• March 22, 2016, 02:44:47 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #2724 on: February 01, 2019, 10:48:28 am »
So my question is, do you get paid extra if you do a camp at another school or even in another province which is not headed by your office of education? And how much is the pay?

Last summer our school english camp got cancelled due to renovations.  I went and made 3 million won at another camp. Cool. That's 3 million i would not have made if the camp had not been cancelled. The upcoming winter camp is now looking doubtful again due to renovations possibly. I would be happy if it was cancelled. So would my supervisor teacher.

How did you find out about this? I am so curious as to how people get their camp work!

Hi. I just randomly found this question again. Here is the answer because people think it was some other school district or something official.
My school had renovations last summer. I couldnt teach the normal school english camp. So i had extra vacation time. I decided to look for extra work. I got on Dave's ESL cafe and found an English camp down in Jinju that was looking for teachers. It was a government funded program that runs every summer and winter. I got the gig. Most of the teachers were university teachers who had long vacations. It was just a second job for 15 days in my spare time. It was not connected to a POE or whatever they call them. It's like a private company offering an english camp. Its the second one that i have done. I once before did a 7 day camp for the Volvo company worker kids. Maybe my vacation times are longer than yours and i can fit in extra gigs. I asked permission from my school and they said OK. I am at a private middle school. I hope that helps. So i just looked on Dave's for any english camp looking for teachers. Good extra income.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2725 on: February 16, 2019, 12:13:01 pm »

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #2726 on: February 16, 2019, 02:09:50 pm »
https://ourworldindata.org/child-mortality-global-overview

The world is getting better!
So what you're saying is that the rate of global overpopulation is increasing ever further..  :sad:
 :wink:

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #2727 on: February 16, 2019, 02:57:51 pm »
https://ourworldindata.org/child-mortality-global-overview

The world is getting better!
So what you're saying is that the rate of global overpopulation is increasing ever further..  :sad:
 :wink:

The world is not overpopulated so much as resources are not adequately distributed.

Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it.

• SanderB
  • Super Waygook

• June 02, 2018, 06:25:54 pm
    • Burning Oil Be Best
« Reply #2728 on: February 17, 2019, 12:52:49 pm »
Great, even more kids to teach...  :sad:
Fiat voluntas tua- What you want is allowed

• CypherSoul
  • Veteran

• South Korea
    more
« Reply #2729 on: February 18, 2019, 10:27:01 am »

Hi. I just randomly found this question again. Here is the answer because people think it was some other school district or something official.
My school had renovations last summer. I couldnt teach the normal school english camp. So i had extra vacation time. I decided to look for extra work. I got on Dave's ESL cafe and found an English camp down in Jinju that was looking for teachers. It was a government funded program that runs every summer and winter. I got the gig. Most of the teachers were university teachers who had long vacations. It was just a second job for 15 days in my spare time. It was not connected to a POE or whatever they call them. It's like a private company offering an english camp. Its the second one that i have done. I once before did a 7 day camp for the Volvo company worker kids. Maybe my vacation times are longer than yours and i can fit in extra gigs. I asked permission from my school and they said OK. I am at a private middle school. I hope that helps. So i just looked on Dave's for any english camp looking for teachers. Good extra income.

Thank you so much! That really helps!  :angel:

Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #2730 on: February 27, 2019, 07:46:56 am »
When I was told I'd be changing schools to a nearby neighborhood, I was telling my co-teacher I didn't want to change apartments. It'd be a waste of time. Her and the teacher at the new school kept telling me that I HAVE TO move.

I spent like two weeks trying to talk to everyone involved only to be told it was decision by the District Supervisor.

Fast forward to this week. My other co-teacher gets back from maternity leave. I tell that I would like to stay. In like, two days, she tells me I don't have to move.

As much as she scares me sometimes, my CT gets stuff done. At least someone here has some sense...
The World Ends With You

• CypherSoul
  • Veteran

• South Korea
    more
« Reply #2731 on: March 04, 2019, 09:10:50 am »
Speaking of happy shizz, I don't know if this will help someone but here are 3 websites that have been saving my life:

• Background noise so you can concentrate on your work during desk warming. It's actually better than music!
https://www.noisli.com/

• Here you input the foods you currently have in your fridge and it spits out recipes to make with those ingredients.
http://myfridgefood.com/

• Malassezia Folliculitis is a fungal skin condition caused by Malassezia yeasts that infect hair follicles. This website helps to check Sezia-free products. (Considering the pollution is getting worse in Korea and will most likely cause clogged pores, this is for those who are into their skincare routines).
https://www.sezia.co/

« Reply #2732 on: March 04, 2019, 11:43:21 am »
I'm already over 10k steps today. Thank you, "Andy" teacher, for providing me with the sport of trying to find you today.

« Reply #2733 on: March 04, 2019, 12:15:39 pm »
I got to see my teacher friends who moved to the other offices while we were at lunch. They missed me as much as I missed them! I hope to be able to see them more often at lunch.

But the new teachers sitting near me are not a bad thing, by far. I have hope that I will be able to grow friendships with them as well.

AND! I have a school calendar (with pictures of our students in it), and an official nametag at my desk this semester. Things are looking bright for my future with this school!

• SanderB
  • Super Waygook

• Burning Oil Be Best
« Reply #2734 on: March 06, 2019, 01:08:20 pm »
 :azn:

« Reply #2735 on: March 07, 2019, 03:11:49 pm »
Cheonjae is finally referring to the UK as the UK, and the US and the US. Much better than 'England' and 'America'.

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #2736 on: March 17, 2019, 07:34:42 am »
Now that I've finally gotten the schedule for my new middle school, I'm dreading it.

Classes are divided by grade and skill level, like my previous school, but since there's not enough time in the week to teach every class once, the classes will rotate each week, meaning that some of my lessons will be taught over more than one week. I could barely understand the schedule just looking at it, and even my CT who made the darn thing was confused as hell.

This is gonna be fun.  :huh:

I take it back. Because as I sit here trying to lesson plan, I realize that I'm ahead in preparations thanks to this system. Fantastic!  8)
The World Ends With You

• SanderB
  • Super Waygook

• Burning Oil Be Best
« Reply #2737 on: March 17, 2019, 08:38:11 am »
HDR Netflix on Win10 HDR looks really good on my Samsung! :azn:

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #2738 on: March 22, 2019, 03:09:49 pm »
Going to Daegu tomorrow for the second time. I like Daegu.

Gonna get dat 다도막창.

Anyone in Daegu got any neat tips for me? haha
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #2739 on: March 22, 2019, 03:20:02 pm »
Anyone in Daegu got any neat tips for me? haha

They apparently opened a new Cinnabon in the Shinsegae Department Store. There's one in the Hyundai Department Store, too, but if you're coming into Dongdaegu, it's a convenient hop.

Sorry, not really a neat tip, but I was excited about it when I heard about it.