Read 434524 times

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2660 on: December 14, 2018, 03:10:33 pm »
I hate cleaning time - I'd much rather just put on some tunes and do it properly myself in 10 minutes than have kids come in and take 20 minutes to make my class dirtier than it was before ... and I have to walk around and supervise them to make sure they at least do a half-arsed job anyway  :cry:

Wrong thread, mate. Unless................. you're a masochist?
The joys of fauxtherhood

• Datasapien
  • Super Waygook

• February 04, 2012, 09:36:25 pm
    • Chungcheongbuk-do
    more
« Reply #2661 on: December 14, 2018, 03:12:00 pm »
I hate cleaning time - I'd much rather just put on some tunes and do it properly myself in 10 minutes than have kids come in and take 20 minutes to make my class dirtier than it was before ... and I have to walk around and supervise them to make sure they at least do a half-arsed job anyway  :cry:

Wrong thread, mate. Unless................. you're a masochist?

:laugh: Whoops haha, better edit that with something happy... don't want to ruin the mood here!
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #2662 on: December 17, 2018, 09:07:06 am »
On the weekend, I was around Seoul.
I got one of those cute rabbit hats, where the ears move when you squeeze the paw/s.
And had such a fun day wearing it haha. I met a couple other foreigners wearing one, we basically just said cool hat to each other, and done the ears thing a bit; Done the same thing with a Korean guy in his 20s; And in general, people looking unhappy / angry, started laughing and cheering up, just from seeing me play with the hat.
A big group of high school looking kids, came up to me, and told me I was super cute (because of the hat), and asked to take a photo with me.
I got to talk to a couple from Japan because they thought the hat was awesome too.

It was just a nice day, and seemed to spread positivity to others :D

• Datasapien
  • Super Waygook

• February 04, 2012, 09:36:25 pm
    • Chungcheongbuk-do
    more
« Reply #2663 on: December 17, 2018, 09:42:27 am »
I got one of those cute rabbit hats, where the ears move when you squeeze the paw/s.
And had such a fun day wearing it haha. I met a couple other foreigners wearing one, we basically just said cool hat to each other, and done the ears thing a bit; Done the same thing with a Korean guy in his 20s; And in general, people looking unhappy / angry, started laughing and cheering up, just from seeing me play with the hat.
A big group of high school looking kids, came up to me, and told me I was super cute (because of the hat), and asked to take a photo with me.
I got to talk to a couple from Japan because they thought the hat was awesome too.

I sent a couple of those hats as gifts for my niece and nephew for Christmas, looking forward to seeing the videos / pictures of them wearing them!  ;D
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

« Reply #2664 on: December 17, 2018, 09:44:18 am »

One of my students asked me to wear her rabbit hat during our school festival a couple of weeks ago, just so she could take a video of me moving the ears around, as well as copious selfies. This student is a high school senior that isn't actually in any of my classes. She still waves at me in the hallways with her hands above her head like bunny ears!

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #2665 on: December 17, 2018, 09:48:37 am »

I sent a couple of those hats as gifts for my niece and nephew for Christmas, looking forward to seeing the videos / pictures of them wearing them!  ;D

I gave 1 to the friend I was meeting in Seoul, and one to my Korean friend.
Both said, they'd be too embarrassed to wear it in public haha.
My Korean friend, actually asked me to stop wearing mine, because it is embarrassing lol.
But, I didn't and we still had a lot of fun! :D

I hope your niece and nephew enjoy them lots too!! :D

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #2666 on: December 17, 2018, 09:49:41 am »

One of my students asked me to wear her rabbit hat during our school festival a couple of weeks ago, just so she could take a video of me moving the ears around, as well as copious selfies. This student is a high school senior that isn't actually in any of my classes. She still waves at me in the hallways with her hands above her head like bunny ears!

Hahaha nice! :D
Do you find it funny as well? :o Or do you wish it would stop? :o

« Reply #2667 on: December 17, 2018, 09:52:54 am »

I love it! I think it's insanely cute, and it gives me a chance to speak with more of the students. It's a cute, fun way to connect with them.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #2668 on: December 17, 2018, 09:58:41 am »

I love it! I think it's insanely cute, and it gives me a chance to speak with more of the students. It's a cute, fun way to connect with them.

I'm glad! I think the same. I always tell them, I'm the cute teacher. But they don't always believe me :p

I often wear funny shirts, and the students like to read the jokes that are on my shirts.
Some they understand, some they need explained to them. This gives them more things to talk to me about too.
Anything that gets the students using English is a win in my book :D

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #2669 on: December 17, 2018, 12:09:07 pm »
After dating (the same person) for more than 6 years here in Korea, a friend of mine finally got engaged. The whole engagement thing was so cheesy that it approached awesomeness. It's been something I was pretty sure would happen for years now, but I'm pretty stokes now that it actually has. Well done guys!  :smiley:

« Reply #2670 on: December 17, 2018, 01:18:31 pm »
For the first time ever I experienced a Korean grading their language in a natural environment.  What a wonderful, wonderful experience that was.  I could have kissed them!

Whenever my coworkers egg me on to speak Korean, none of them grade their language or slow down at all so usually the conversation is over before it's begun because I have no idea what they've said.

So major kudos to this teacher who spoke slowly, enunciated clearly and used simple 요 forms!!

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #2671 on: December 17, 2018, 02:15:12 pm »
For the first time ever I experienced a Korean grading their language in a natural environment.  What a wonderful, wonderful experience that was.  I could have kissed them!

Whenever my coworkers egg me on to speak Korean, none of them grade their language or slow down at all so usually the conversation is over before it's begun because I have no idea what they've said.

So major kudos to this teacher who spoke slowly, enunciated clearly and used simple 요 forms!!

I almost don't believe you.  :laugh:

• Davey
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• February 01, 2010, 01:36:20 pm
« Reply #2672 on: December 17, 2018, 02:26:10 pm »
Ah yeah, this thread got resurrected! I was thinking I have some reasons to be happy.

1) Working on my youtube channel
2) Eating a lot healthier and drinking a lot less
3) Just feel good generally
4) Met a really nice girl and things are going super well.

It's Friday and I'm seeing 3 movies this weekend in theatres; Brokeback, Spiderman and Blue is the Warmest Colour.

It's coincidental that I'm seeing two of the most important LGBT films ever made. hahahahaha

It's a negative world--need more happy posts. 

All,

Just think of postively as much as you can, especially during the holiday season. 

------------------------------------------
Search this site using Google by typing, "site:waygook.org [search term]," especially during peak hours. Alternatively, use the site's search function.

EPIK: VISA, RENEWING, PENSION, ETC:

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2614.0.html

« Reply #2673 on: December 17, 2018, 02:34:44 pm »
I love my students.  I'm hella sick with flu.  One class before leaving said in harmony "Bye teacher, feel better!".  And when I came back from lunch, some one had placed 5 little 귤  on my desk...   :azn:  I'm really gonna miss my students.

• Lazio
  • Veteran

• January 27, 2018, 03:56:10 pm
    • Gyeongi-do
« Reply #2674 on: December 20, 2018, 10:05:33 pm »
I was driving today and it seemed way better than usual. Didn't notice nearly as much idiotic and downright a..hole moves like you see here on the roads all the time. And that is when I remembered; there was a big protest and strike by taxi drivers because of the new kakao carpooling service.
I kid you not, the difference was just astonishing. Here is hoping for more protests and strikes.

« Reply #2675 on: December 21, 2018, 08:34:12 am »
Today is my school's Christmas party, and they've had me teach English Christmas Carols to a small group of students this week.
Yesterday the students voted to let me sing most of Mariah Carey's 'All I Want for Christmas is You' on my own while they act as the chorus.
And they said we should sing a Korean Christmas pop song, since we're singing one in English, so we're singing an EXO song. They've been helping me learn the lyrics, and have encouraged me to do my best as we prepare to sing in front of the entire school today.
And my CT requested that I also sing another special song on my own afterwards.
It's nice that my school thinks so highly of me to let me do things like this on my own.

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #2676 on: December 21, 2018, 10:26:46 am »
I was driving today and it seemed way better than usual. Didn't notice nearly as much idiotic and downright a..hole moves like you see here on the roads all the time. And that is when I remembered; there was a big protest and strike by taxi drivers because of the new kakao carpooling service.
I kid you not, the difference was just astonishing. Here is hoping for more protests and strikes.

Yip, it was amazing, wasn't it? The streets where I am were almost deserted and the flow of traffic and general driver behavior was, dare I say it, normal. Imagine that everyday.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

« Reply #2677 on: December 24, 2018, 07:18:54 am »
I can't begin to tell you how HAPPY I am that I'm back at school!!  I caught flu a week ago last Friday, thought I'd be better by the Monday.  Nope!  Still sick as Hell on Monday but worked anyway.  Came into work Tuesday only to be told that my CoTs ratted me out to the main teacher that I was really sick.  Was forced to go to the clinic (forced meaning guilted) and was sent home with a 5 day ban from school.  I've never been so damn bored in my life!  I don't fell 100% but I don't think I could take another day of being stuck in my apartment. 

YAY FOR BEING BACK AT WORK!!!   and I missed the HELL outta my kids! 

« Reply #2678 on: December 24, 2018, 08:38:11 am »
I can't begin to tell you how HAPPY I am that I'm back at school!!  I caught flu a week ago last Friday, thought I'd be better by the Monday.  Nope!  Still sick as Hell on Monday but worked anyway.  Came into work Tuesday only to be told that my CoTs ratted me out to the main teacher that I was really sick.  Was forced to go to the clinic (forced meaning guilted) and was sent home with a 5 day ban from school.  I've never been so damn bored in my life!  I don't fell 100% but I don't think I could take another day of being stuck in my apartment. 

YAY FOR BEING BACK AT WORK!!!   and I missed the HELL outta my kids!

If you have flu, you shouldn't be around other people, especially kids. It's a highly contagious and potentially fatal illness.

« Reply #2679 on: December 24, 2018, 09:35:11 am »
I spent far too long preparing a Christmas themed choose your own adventure ppt for my students. I was a bit nervous about how it would go over since they were expecting to just watch a movie. They LOVED it. I am glad the work was appreciated.