Read 486338 times

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• September 16, 2015, 02:23:16 am
    • Korealand
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1900 on: July 05, 2017, 02:06:43 pm »
^ooo, please report back on how it is.  I won't get to see it till next week or so. 

Also, new Administrator is baller!  It's only her 3rd day and she's already brought in snacks twice!!  She understands snack culture  :laugh:  The last one never brought stuff in except for this one time but they were rice cakes that tasted like chemicals.  Toxic taste to match his personality  :lipsrsealed:

Today's treat is walnut pie!!

• kriztee
  • Expert Waygook

• December 18, 2015, 01:33:06 am
« Reply #1901 on: July 05, 2017, 02:12:20 pm »
^ooo, please report back on how it is.  I won't get to see it till next week or so. 

Also, new Administrator is baller!  It's only her 3rd day and she's already brought in snacks twice!!  She understands snack culture  :laugh:  The last one never brought stuff in except for this one time but they were rice cakes that tasted like chemicals.  Toxic taste to match his personality  :lipsrsealed:

Alright, I'll give you a spoiler free report XD

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #1902 on: July 05, 2017, 02:25:47 pm »

Ugh. Snack culture. The worst.

Enjoy your walnut sugar poison, Waygook.org user yirj17.

If only I had some bovine poison cream to accompany it~

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #1903 on: July 05, 2017, 03:03:16 pm »
Annnd a travel teacher just brought in ice cream cones.  Not passing that up.  Today is a fat day. 

At least one of the snacks was healthy-- watermelon!

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #1904 on: July 05, 2017, 03:11:57 pm »
Ansan.............. for Indian Food................ with some Good Peeps.

Awwww yeah.

Pub Crawl on Saturday and a hanok stay in Jeonju the next.

Life is good

But still feel weird, for many reasons. But that's for another thread.  :cheesy:
The joys of fauxtherhood

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #1905 on: July 05, 2017, 03:18:37 pm »
Ansan.............. for Indian Food................ with some Good Peeps.

Awwww yeah.

Pub Crawl on Saturday and a hanok stay in Jeonju the next.

Life is good

But still feel weird, for many reasons. But that's for another thread.  :cheesy:

Oy, got some peeps, mate?

• JamSiManYo
  • Adventurer

• June 21, 2017, 09:53:54 am
    • Gwangju, South Korea
« Reply #1906 on: July 05, 2017, 09:29:55 pm »
Had some free time after a speaking test so we let the kids choose some videos to watch. I was bracing myself for TWICE/BTS for the umpteenth time this week.

Very happy to report that the final class of the day chose a ballad by G-Dragon. 4th graders. They sang like angels.

• What?What?
  • Expert Waygook

• October 14, 2016, 10:29:17 am
    • Korea
« Reply #1907 on: July 06, 2017, 07:48:09 am »
Feeling good today, my change to healthy eating habits is slowly starting to become routine, I am back exercising and it is almost vacation.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

« Reply #1908 on: July 06, 2017, 09:01:28 am »
Feeling good today, my change to healthy eating habits is slowly starting to become routine, I am back exercising and it is almost vacation.

Nice, and almost the end of the week, too. Any travel plans for this vacation, or just going to take it slow and easy at home?

• What?What?
  • Expert Waygook

• Korea
« Reply #1909 on: July 06, 2017, 09:17:40 am »

Nice, and almost the end of the week, too. Any travel plans for this vacation, or just going to take it slow and easy at home?

No real plans for vacation, having Smile lasik though so I will be very poor after that and will take it nice and easy, maybe head out to a beach for a couple of days just before going back to school! Do you have any special plans?
-A.A. Milne

• jddavis7
  • Super Waygook

• November 02, 2016, 12:35:17 am
    • Miryang-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
« Reply #1910 on: July 06, 2017, 12:02:17 pm »
I played that A-Pop or K-Pop game that a waygook user uploaded with my kids today. My co-teacher who gives the kids the answer to everything (even before they have time to read the question) couldn't give the answers because he doesn't know the songs.  :laugh: Feels like the first time I could play a game properly at that school.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #1911 on: July 06, 2017, 12:08:15 pm »
I played that A-Pop or K-Pop game that a waygook user uploaded with my kids today.

waygook.org user, you plebe
The joys of fauxtherhood

• What?What?
  • Expert Waygook

• Korea
« Reply #1912 on: July 06, 2017, 12:24:49 pm »
I played that A-Pop or K-Pop game that a waygook user uploaded with my kids today.

waygook.org user, you plebe

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
-A.A. Milne

• jddavis7
  • Super Waygook

• November 02, 2016, 12:35:17 am
    • Miryang-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
« Reply #1913 on: July 06, 2017, 12:59:44 pm »
I didn't have my 5th period class today!

The odd thing is that no one told me. Luckily, I'm in the teachers' office at this school so i can read the board. Maybe my COT trusts that I can read Korean? But most likely, he probably just forgot to tell me.

• JamSiManYo
  • Adventurer

• June 21, 2017, 09:53:54 am
    • Gwangju, South Korea
« Reply #1914 on: July 06, 2017, 01:24:52 pm »
Had some free time after a speaking test so we let the kids choose some videos to watch. I was bracing myself for TWICE/BTS for the umpteenth time this week.

Very happy to report that the final class of the day chose a ballad by G-Dragon. 4th graders. They sang like angels.

That's an awful lot of music videos to watch in one week. My students are lucky to get 2-3 per semester.

Ah. I personally had to listen to tens of times for a translation/guess-the-song activity. The students, individually, probably only saw 4 minutes worth of MVs, tops.

« Reply #1915 on: July 07, 2017, 09:15:48 am »

No real plans for vacation, having Smile lasik though so I will be very poor after that and will take it nice and easy, maybe head out to a beach for a couple of days just before going back to school! Do you have any special plans?

Nah, nothing, might just troll around Korea in general, but nothing planned. Saving all my money for a big vacation during winter.

I want to get Smile lasik, too, kind of jealous of you. Let us all know how it turns out for you!

• jffjp
  • Adventurer

• August 16, 2016, 08:28:02 am
« Reply #1916 on: July 07, 2017, 10:25:37 am »
leaving in 12 days, couldn't be happier

• What?What?
  • Expert Waygook

• Korea
« Reply #1917 on: July 07, 2017, 11:20:37 am »

Nah, nothing, might just troll around Korea in general, but nothing planned. Saving all my money for a big vacation during winter.

I want to get Smile lasik, too, kind of jealous of you. Let us all know how it turns out for you!

I will definitely update on the Lasik thread once the whole process has been completed. Truth be told I am sh**ting myself. hahahaha Yeah I also decided winter vacation will be my holiday back home!
-A.A. Milne

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #1918 on: July 07, 2017, 11:50:29 am »
Oy, got some peeps, mate?

I'm constantly surrounded by chicks and coq's. Some real fit birds around this cat. 
The joys of fauxtherhood

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #1919 on: July 07, 2017, 01:39:22 pm »
CT locked her keys and USB in her padlocked cabinet yesterday. Today she borrowed a bolt cutter from the useless handyman that gave it to her and left. She tried but couldn't open it, I told her to let me try and she said "don't bother, we need a man! it's too hard!" But then.. she wouldn't call any of the male teachers.

So guess who grabbed those bolt cutters by the balls and sliced that lock in half like a boss?! That's right, I did. I felt so accomplished  :laugh: :laugh:

Actually it wasn't hard at all as bolt cutters are meant for this kind of thing... I don't know why she couldn't do it! Still felt proud to help though :)

Hahah, at my old job, we had tons of cabinets to store costumes.  Each cabinet had a padlock and one time a student locked the keys inside one.  We stood around a moment and then a lightbulb went off-- grabbed a screwdriver and took the door off its hinges. 

Straight up Macgyvered that problem.   :laugh: