Read 478861 times

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2016, 11:43:32 am »
Played MJ's Heal The World for my 1st graders at the end of class, watched them earnestly sing along and had to keep myself from tearing up because we're all just, like, in this together, you know?

I'm doing Grade 4's "Don't do that?/Are you OK?" lesson. I have a student named Annie and she's so adorable, sweet and soft spoken. Today................

Annie, are you OK?

Yes.

Are you OK?

Yes.  :lipsrsealed:

Are you OK, Annie?  :afro:

Yes, teacher.  :blank:
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2016, 11:57:23 am »
I love the positivity here! The "ranting" megathread can be such a downer  :sad:

I've got a bright spot to share... what was my least favorite school last semester has become one of the best parts of my week this semester, and it's mostly due to my adorable new 3rd grade class (elementary)! The kids are too damn cute, always excited to be in my class, and will do anything I request of them without complaint. They have this adorable habit of repeating everything I say very quietly-- not to mock me, but simply to practice their English! It's the cutest!  :azn:

• nomadicmadda
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 01, 2014, 06:49:40 am
    • Seoul, formerly Boseong
    more
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2016, 01:01:29 pm »
My CTs and I ordered grills from gMarket and did a cookout last night despite the rain.  Was chilly, but a lot of fun. ;D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 02:20:33 pm by nomadicmadda »

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2016, 02:03:39 pm »
Played MJ's Heal The World for my 1st graders at the end of class, watched them earnestly sing along and had to keep myself from tearing up because we're all just, like, in this together, you know?

I'm doing Grade 4's "Don't do that?/Are you OK?" lesson. I have a student named Annie and she's so adorable, sweet and soft spoken. Today................

Annie, are you OK?

Yes.

Are you OK?

She's been struck by a smooth seonsaengnim.

• devsterl
  • Super Waygook

• February 29, 2016, 06:47:07 am
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2016, 02:18:46 pm »
Went to a cherry blossom festival with my fellow teachers (public school) yesterday. We all had dinner, and while the other teachers left to go home. My principal stayed behind to become my personal tour guide and hike with me to the local temple. He was so happy to show me everything and enjoyed teaching me various things about the culture. He wants to go back with me to the temple on Buddha's birthday for the festival and wants to go on the one hike with me.

I am not used to that level of hospitality, and he's humble (even though he is 64). He wanted to get a coffee together to talk about things in English (he wants to learn English and he wants to teach me Korean xD). I offered to buy the coffee, which I did. He would bring the coffee to the table, even though I offered to carry the coffees.

Any other country you might think he wanted some "special alone time" with me, but he is just that hospitable.

The only con was that he walks like a ^#$^#ing tank. Just to keep up with him  :shocked:

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2016, 02:24:37 pm »
Annie, are you OK?
Yes.
Are you OK?

:laugh:No disrespect to the King of Pop, but I very much enjoyed the Alien Ant Farm cover of this. Beautiful ditty!

• flyingspider
  • Super Waygook

• February 27, 2016, 08:33:47 pm
    • Gyeonggi-do
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2016, 03:02:34 pm »
There's a violin class on this floor a couple times a week, and they get better and better with every practice. It's fun hearing the improvement! I hope they have a concert so I can go cheer them on.

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• September 16, 2015, 02:23:16 am
    • Korealand
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2016, 03:36:47 pm »
We have a few contract teachers this year and one came back from his travel school today with pizza for the office!! I think I'm in love. Lol

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2016, 04:20:33 pm »
Today, somebody told me to take the Dongjak off ramp.

I giggled.

• z80
  • Expert Waygook

• August 24, 2014, 07:34:50 pm
« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2016, 06:41:57 pm »
Yesterday I saw some of my students vandalizing an large election banner that had a picture of the local candidate with the president. They where drawing a dick on PGH. Today the cops show up and other people show up lecturing the students and demanding to know who it was.

The main student that did it looked at me in horror. He's the worst behaved student in class but there is no way I'm grassing him up. He worked that out by my look.

Guess who was an angel in class this afternoon.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2016, 07:55:05 pm »
Today, somebody told me to take the Dongjak off ramp.

I giggled.

North of Toronto, there is a Beeton Offramp.

Amazing.
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2016, 08:47:08 am »
Yesterday I saw some of my students vandalizing an large election banner that had a picture of the local candidate with the president. They where drawing a dick on PGH. Today the cops show up and other people show up lecturing the students and demanding to know who it was.

The main student that did it looked at me in horror. He's the worst behaved student in class but there is no way I'm grassing him up. He worked that out by my look.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2016, 09:03:38 am »
All of the students are on field trips today so no classes!! Woohoo!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Also, this means I can go home for lunch today, which is good because I forgot my phone charger. :laugh:

• Nivea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 02, 2011, 11:23:30 pm
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2016, 09:36:53 am »

I saw a poster of PGH with the eyes blacked out and moustache drawn many years ago during her election campaign. I hope some my high school kids did that.  :evil:

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2016, 10:43:56 am »
The PE teacher found a longboard (and a waveboard??) and brought them into the office.

He doesn't know how to use them but he sure did try. One attempt ended up crashing into the snack table. Naturally another teacher had to try too.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2016, 01:49:29 pm »
I have mentally checked out for the day.

Couldn't decide if this should be a rant or a rave -- I still have work to do, but at the same time I'm pretty pleased with myself.

Ended up going with rave because the overall vibe is WHOOP FRIDAY! Gonna have so much fun this weekend.

Also found out that I'll have three full days to myself at the school because everyone will be gone on some kind of camping field trip.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 01:52:20 pm by Chinguetti »

« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2016, 01:54:47 pm »
Last class cancelled! Bring on the weekend!

Just realized my sole contributions to the RAVING/HAPPY thread are when my classes are cancelled or when I get to leave school early  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2016, 02:23:46 pm »
Something must be in the air today. Maybe it's the nice weather.

Two coworkers found a lizard and put it in a container which was then put on a female coworker's desk... she screamed and ran away. Lol. Then he and his cohort moved it to another female coworker's desk and the reaction was the same.

I thought the lizard was super cute. They gave it to me to release back into the wild, after the fun had been had.

Happy Friday y'all   ;D

• TeresaD
  • Veteran

• March 31, 2015, 08:00:44 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2016, 02:37:54 pm »
On Fridays, the last two periods of the day, I have a double with three kids. I enjoy it because, the class being so small, I can try out activities and games that won't work well with big classes. I get to be creative and create a different structure compared to my other after school lessons. I also suspect that I might be better able to detect improvement (should there be any) with only three students to focus on. It's a good setup for me to end my week.

That being said: that class was cancelled today ;D Whoop! Happy Friday, everyone!
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2016, 03:13:28 pm »
I teach what other teachers in my school call the 'worst class in the entire grade' every Friday afternoon. Usually it's like pulling teeth, considering they are overall lower level than my other classes and I have no CT.

However, today they were awesome! Of course, by awesome I mean they were like an average day in any other class, but still it was progress. It really put me in a good mood, so I let them finish 3 minutes early and we watched a music video together as a reward for their hard work.