Read 476803 times

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1060 on: October 12, 2016, 02:59:28 pm »
@Kayos: WTF. That's all horrid and clearly those females are not worth anyone's time (though I'm sorry you had to find out in such ridiculous ways). Geezus  :huh:

Thanks. It's okay, in those cases, it was better to find out sooner rather than later than later, that they weren't going to be worth the time / effort - except for the 1 time I got beaten up, as it was pretty bad and had to miss a week and a half of work due to the injuries.

I understand being timid about it. I'm actually too scared to ask girls out back in NZD now, due to terrible experiences with rejection. I've asked girls out for dinner and have: been spit on, publicly ridiculed (like you think you are good enough for me?! - type thing, but a little worse, and got people around to chime in), one girl even got a male friend of hers, to beat the crap out of me for asking her out to dinner. This is why I've never even been on a date before. :/ I'm still terrified of rejection, but being away from NZ has helped me with it - dunno why either. haha.
Holy crap, that's horrifying. Is that sort of thing common in NZ? That really is awful, I'm sorry. I don't blame you for being timid about asking girls out.

Not common from what I am aware of. All my friends have been rejected like adults, even in high school. Actually, I haven't heard of anyone having rejection issues like that before. :/

« Reply #1061 on: October 12, 2016, 03:12:07 pm »
@Kayos: WTF. That's all horrid and clearly those females are not worth anyone's time (though I'm sorry you had to find out in such ridiculous ways). Geezus  :huh:

Thanks. It's okay, in those cases, it was better to find out sooner rather than later than later, that they weren't going to be worth the time / effort - except for the 1 time I got beaten up, as it was pretty bad and had to miss a week and a half of work due to the injuries.

I understand being timid about it. I'm actually too scared to ask girls out back in NZD now, due to terrible experiences with rejection. I've asked girls out for dinner and have: been spit on, publicly ridiculed (like you think you are good enough for me?! - type thing, but a little worse, and got people around to chime in), one girl even got a male friend of hers, to beat the crap out of me for asking her out to dinner. This is why I've never even been on a date before. :/ I'm still terrified of rejection, but being away from NZ has helped me with it - dunno why either. haha.
Holy crap, that's horrifying. Is that sort of thing common in NZ? That really is awful, I'm sorry. I don't blame you for being timid about asking girls out.

Not common from what I am aware of. All my friends have been rejected like adults, even in high school. Actually, I haven't heard of anyone having rejection issues like that before. :/

I'm going to echo the others here but I'm sorry for what happened to you. Literally, as I read your post, my face looked like this: :huh: Those people were lower than scum and you definitely did not deserve that.

« Reply #1062 on: October 12, 2016, 03:14:29 pm »
My ex broke up with me about a year ago via kakao... We'd been together for a few years so that pissed me off to put it mildly.
Woah. A few years and he couldn't even do it proper? That woulda made me just so incredibly upset.

Yeah, I was really mad. The break-up itself wasn't that bad, although obviously I was sad for a while, but I feel like I deserved to at least be broken up with in person. :laugh:

• moonbrie
  • Expert Waygook

• March 31, 2016, 10:32:14 am
    • Busan
« Reply #1063 on: October 12, 2016, 03:16:39 pm »

Yeah, I'd have serious fear of rejection in that case too!! Christ

• moonbrie
  • Expert Waygook

• Busan
« Reply #1064 on: October 12, 2016, 03:28:55 pm »
Actually I've been wondering if I should say anything to this one guy I know... he's very flirty with me, especially by Korean standards, but his English speaking ability is extremely low (listening is better, I found recently that we could have a half-decent conversation with me speaking English and him, Korean). He's so cute but I have no idea what you even say in that kind of situation haha!

« Reply #1065 on: October 12, 2016, 03:51:58 pm »
Actually I've been wondering if I should say anything to this one guy I know... he's very flirty with me, especially by Korean standards, but his English speaking ability is extremely low (listening is better, I found recently that we could have a half-decent conversation with me speaking English and him, Korean). He's so cute but I have no idea what you even say in that kind of situation haha!

I'm a really skeptical / cynical person, so ignore me if you want, but to me it sounds like he's trying to use you. He probably knows he's cute and is using that to his advantage.

On the other hand, he could just genuinely be interested in you, but again, I'm not the trusting type. :laugh: :laugh:

• moonbrie
  • Expert Waygook

• Busan
« Reply #1066 on: October 13, 2016, 07:40:18 am »

I'm a really skeptical / cynical person, so ignore me if you want, but to me it sounds like he's trying to use you. He probably knows he's cute and is using that to his advantage.

On the other hand, he could just genuinely be interested in you, but again, I'm not the trusting type. :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not sure if he's like the cutest by traditional standards. But he hasn't asked me to teach him English so... hah

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #1067 on: October 13, 2016, 08:16:34 am »

I'm going to echo the others here but I'm sorry for what happened to you. Literally, as I read your post, my face looked like this: :huh: Those people were lower than scum and you definitely did not deserve that.

Cheers. That is pretty much my opinion of them as well. However, to keep this thread on happy thoughts, I actually have my first ever date on Saturday! I'm excited! I just hope I don't have to postpone again. We planned it for 2 weeks ago, but I got really sick the day before and was sick for a few days; and then last week she got sick. We were both fine with postponing, but she got really angry that we had to twice.
So things can only go up from here! :D

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #1068 on: October 13, 2016, 08:20:37 am »
My ex broke up with me about a year ago via kakao... We'd been together for a few years so that pissed me off to put it mildly.
Woah. A few years and he couldn't even do it proper? That woulda made me just so incredibly upset.

Yeah, I was really mad. The break-up itself wasn't that bad, although obviously I was sad for a while, but I feel like I deserved to at least be broken up with in person. :laugh:

That's one thing I'm worried about if it comes to me needing to break up with someone. I am not good with confrontation, so I'm worried I would do it like that. I think everyone deserves to have it done in person though! More so if you have been together for a decent amount of time.
Sorry it was done like that!

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #1069 on: October 13, 2016, 08:21:39 am »

I'm not sure if he's like the cutest by traditional standards. But he hasn't asked me to teach him English so... hah

Not yet anyway. :P (kidding)

• lazerbullet
  • Veteran

• March 29, 2016, 09:25:44 pm
    • S Korea
    more
« Reply #1070 on: October 13, 2016, 08:25:15 am »

Err ... am I the only one who feels like there's more to these rejections than Kayos lets on?

• moonbrie
  • Expert Waygook

• Busan
« Reply #1071 on: October 13, 2016, 08:26:20 am »

Not yet anyway. :P (kidding)

It's been suggested to me that I ask him to teach me Korean lol. At any rate, I feel like I have to say something because one time recently he pretended like he was going to kiss me "as a joke"

No matter how I think about it, you don't pretend to kiss someone unless a. you're really super close (we're not) or b. you're interested in that person hahha

• HaLo3
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 02, 2014, 08:19:08 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #1072 on: October 13, 2016, 08:34:17 am »

Err ... am I the only one who feels like there's more to these rejections than Kayos lets on?
While that was my initial thought as well, unless he was coming at the girls naked, there really is no reason to beat someone up to the point of putting them in the hospital. So while there are two sides to the story, that's still too much.

@moonbrie You might as well go for it! You can ask for Korean lessons to test the waters, or play off asking him out for coffee by just saying you need a quick caffeine fix cuz you're tired or whatever, haha.

• krissyboo75
  • Expert Waygook

• September 27, 2011, 01:01:39 pm
    • Gyeongsanbuk-do, South Korea
    more
« Reply #1073 on: October 13, 2016, 09:42:15 am »
Whoops lol sorry to have derailed this Raving/Happiness thread...

« Reply #1074 on: October 13, 2016, 10:23:29 am »
I found that missing thumb drive that I thought I lost forever. $50 saved!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 10:48:39 am by Chinguetti »

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #1075 on: October 13, 2016, 10:25:41 am »

While I can understand thinking that way. I don't feel like I am a creep or anything.
All I said was "I think you are both pretty and nice, would you want to get some dinner with me sometime."
I don't ask complete strangers / people I just met out, as I'm not comfortable around people I don't know well, so these were all people who had known me, and I had known, for a decent amount of time. I think that if I were a crazy creep, they would have cut me out of their lives long before that.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #1076 on: October 13, 2016, 10:27:54 am »
Whoops lol sorry to have derailed this Raving/Happiness thread...

Me too!

To try get it back on track. My co-teacher has asked me to do a 2 week test /exam with my G1 middle schoolers, which started today. They were super well behaved during it.
I have no idea what it is for though, as I don't think it is an official test / exam (since I had to write it myself).

• moonbrie
  • Expert Waygook

• Busan
« Reply #1077 on: October 13, 2016, 10:45:28 am »
This might not be traditionally "happy", but for me it was

So, I think I've posted before about my boss coteacher and how she can be really mean to me because she thinks my lessons aren't engaging enough for the students (and won't give me advice on how to improve), even though they go really well in every class BUT hers.

We had one class together today where a handful of the boys were gone for some kind of practice. The students were much better-behaved and class went much more smoothly than usual. She complimented the students afterwards for their good behavior and made a comment to me about how usually this class is difficult.

I said "Yeah, it seems like you have bad luck, most of your classes are bad"

Her, "I think so! I'm sorry to you, I can't do anything about it"

Seriously, going from her literally dragging me so hard that I cried my second month to her admitting it's more the students than me is just... so relieving

• lazerbullet
  • Veteran

• March 29, 2016, 09:25:44 pm
    • S Korea
    more
« Reply #1078 on: October 13, 2016, 10:52:14 am »

While I can understand thinking that way. I don't feel like I am a creep or anything.
All I said was "I think you are both pretty and nice, would you want to get some dinner with me sometime."
I don't ask complete strangers / people I just met out, as I'm not comfortable around people I don't know well, so these were all people who had known me, and I had known, for a decent amount of time. I think that if I were a crazy creep, they would have cut me out of their lives long before that.

Sounds very weird. Unlucky, dude.

To get things back on track ... two of my best mates from uni are in Tokyo, and I'm planning to visit them ... should be fun!! ^^^^

• Space
  • The Legend

• May 09, 2012, 10:11:12 pm
« Reply #1079 on: October 13, 2016, 11:56:50 am »
I lost my phone/wallet at an all-you-can-drink beer fest this weekend.

It got posted to me today with everything still inside.

Korea, you can be a good country sometimes.