Read 2603 times

Argentina SINKS Chinese fishing boat!
« on: March 16, 2016, 11:26:12 am »
Korea has had many similar problems with Chinese fishermen in Korean waters, but Korea would never dare sink one of them. Today Argentina took no **** and sank 'em. Nobody died as all fishermen were rescued. Well done Argentina!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-35815444
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:45:42 am by pigeonfart »

• Hot6^
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 14, 2014, 02:46:01 pm
    • Bucheon
Re: Argentina SINKS Chinese fishing boat!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 12:07:27 pm »
Good, sink them.

I wouldn't even care if they weren't rescued.

If you are repeatedly fishing in their waters, and then you refuse to heed, you get whats coming.

Illegal fishing is a huge problem in general, not to mention people try to over fish other peoples waters....

What you put into Korea, is what you will get out of Korea; it will not spoon feed you.

• benteacher
  • Adventurer

• March 31, 2015, 11:25:21 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 12:16:20 pm »
Good, sink them.

I wouldn't even care if they weren't rescued.

If you are repeatedly fishing in their waters, and then you refuse to heed, you get whats coming.

Illegal fishing is a huge problem in general, not to mention people try to over fish other peoples waters....

Jesus christ, dude. There were 32 people on board, they didn't all have a hand in making this decision to fish illegally. And it's not like they can refuse to work considering they would be refused pay and be replaced once getting back to China. But no, you're right, **** them, they can all die.

It'll be interesting to see what the ramifications will be for this. If the fishing persists, will this be the new normal? And will other nations take up this hyper aggressive defense? As for the fishermen, I wonder if they'll all just be sent right back home, or will they be charged with a crime in Argentina?

• Schellib39
  • Expert Waygook

• March 10, 2011, 03:08:04 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 12:24:05 pm »
Jesus christ, dude. There were 32 people on board, they didn't all have a hand in making this decision to fish illegally. And it's not like they can refuse to work considering they would be refused pay and be replaced once getting back to China. But no, you're right, **** them, they can all die.

It'll be interesting to see what the ramifications will be for this. If the fishing persists, will this be the new normal? And will other nations take up this hyper aggressive defense? As for the fishermen, I wonder if they'll all just be sent right back home, or will they be charged with a crime in Argentina?

Had they not been fishing where they were not supposed to be, then none of this would have happened. Good on Argentina for sinking the Chinese ship, they had it coming.

• benteacher
  • Adventurer

• South Korea
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 12:35:59 pm »
Didn't say whether or not the sinking was justified, I said that killing 32 people wouldn't be, especially when the majority were just doing their jobs. I agree with the sinking. Strong tactics must be used to protect the oceans, but leaving the 32 fishermen there to die would have been despicable.

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 07:32:23 pm »
Didn't say whether or not the sinking was justified, I said that killing 32 people wouldn't be, especially when the majority were just doing their jobs. I agree with the sinking. Strong tactics must be used to protect the oceans, but leaving the 32 fishermen there to die would have been despicable.

Who cares? People die all the time. So what..32 die. China's got over one billion freaking people anyway. And those fishermen are not innocent..they know what they are doing is wrong. They are helping to destroy the world, depleting and polluting the environment. Countries like China don't understand anything but force. Which is why they will be a central figure in the next world war.

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 08:30:59 pm »
So why don't you fill the whole hog and outright advocate the death penalty for illegal fishing?

• philby1985
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2013, 09:10:49 am
    • Daejeon
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 08:58:52 pm »
They are helping to destroy the world, depleting and polluting the environment. Countries like China don't understand anything but force. Which is why they will be a central figure in the next world war.

Death penalty to all who help destroy the world, deplete and pollute the environment!

I think if you sat and thought about your own actions for half a second, you would find you too are damaging the environment.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:02:05 pm by philby1985 »

• maximmm
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 05, 2013, 11:02:44 am
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 10:23:18 pm »
Considering that China's relations with Argentina have been getting better over the years - and Argenina is on good terms with Russia, I highly doubt that the Chinese gov. was approving of illegal fishing in THOSE waters. 

I say, Argentina should send the fishermen back to China and I suspect they'll face plenty of fireworks back home. 

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 05:48:57 am »
The Canadian Navy fired "shots across the bow" to Spanish fishing boats several years ago.  They didn't come back.

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 08:25:37 am »

Who cares? People die all the time. So what..32 die. China's got over one billion freaking people anyway. And those fishermen are not innocent..they know what they are doing is wrong. They are helping to destroy the world, depleting and polluting the environment. Countries like China don't understand anything but force. Which is why they will be a central figure in the next world war.

People who think like this never believe that it would be them on the other side and never bother to consider whether they are guilty of the same things.

A rational criteria would be to establish some sort of benchmark relating to carbon footprint, waste generated, fresh water consumed, and animals consumed. I suspect under this criteria, OP would be in the top 5% and ripe for the chopping block. Of course then he'd scream how unfair it is, how each life is precious, human rights, let the punishment fit the crime, and "everyone else does it".

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 10:22:40 am »

People who think like this never believe that it would be them on the other side and never bother to consider whether they are guilty of the same things.

A rational criteria would be to establish some sort of benchmark relating to carbon footprint, waste generated, fresh water consumed, and animals consumed. I suspect under this criteria, OP would be in the top 5% and ripe for the chopping block. Of course then he'd scream how unfair it is, how each life is precious, human rights, let the punishment fit the crime, and "everyone else does it".

Ah..love it when the apologists defend anything, no matter how outrageous. Well, as would to me, would happen to you as well, Steelrails. Dave's a little too dead or did you finally get kicked out?

• nomadicmadda
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 01, 2014, 06:49:40 am
    • Seoul, formerly Boseong
    more
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 10:41:16 am »

This entire argument is moot:
All 32 crew members were rescued.

The deliberately sunk the ship to send a message but also make sure every fisherman was safely off the boat and rescued.  There's nothing wrong with taking away a spoiled child's toy when they keep abusing the privilege of having it. :rolleyes:

...Did you guys even read the article?  Because I just did now and noticed:
  • The vessel was hailed over radio (in Spanish and English) and both visual and audio signals were sent to make contact.
  • The vessel turned off its fishing lights and proceeded to flee towards international waters without responding to repeated calls over various frequencies.
  • On several occasions, the offending ship performed manoeuvres designed to force a collision with the coastguard, putting at risk not only its own crew but coastguard personnel.
  • Warning shots were fired.

Sounds like the Chinese knew exactly what they were doing and thought they could get away with it.  Good on Argentina for taking a stand.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 10:49:04 am by nomadicmadda »

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 11:52:38 am »

The deliberately sunk the ship to send a message but also make sure every fisherman was safely off the boat and rescued.  There's nothing wrong with taking away a spoiled child's toy when they keep abusing the privilege of having it. :rolleyes:

• The vessel was hailed over radio (in Spanish and English) and both visual and audio signals were sent to make contact.
  • The vessel turned off its fishing lights and proceeded to flee towards international waters without responding to repeated calls over various frequencies.
  • On several occasions, the offending ship performed manoeuvres designed to force a collision with the coastguard, putting at risk not only its own crew but coastguard personnel.

Sounds like the Chinese knew exactly what they were doing and thought they could get away with it.  Good on Argentina for taking a stand.

But, the last time they took a stand, they lost the Falklands war. 

• benteacher
  • Adventurer

• South Korea
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 12:11:10 pm »

Yes, I did read the article. I was responding to two people who expressed that the entire 32 person crew should have been killed, which is ridiculous. As I said earlier, the sinking was merited and I agree with, stranding the whole crew to die would not have been merited.

• Hot6^
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 14, 2014, 02:46:01 pm
    • Bucheon
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 03:13:16 pm »

Yes, I did read the article. I was responding to two people who expressed that the entire 32 person crew should have been killed, which is ridiculous. As I said earlier, the sinking was merited and I agree with, stranding the whole crew to die would not have been merited.

I didn't say the SHOULD be killed, stop twisting things.

I simply said, that if they WERE to have been killed, I wouldn't have cared, as per above post on what they were doing.
What you put into Korea, is what you will get out of Korea; it will not spoon feed you.