Read 5958 times

• strawberry
  • Expert Waygook

• February 17, 2011, 10:08:30 am
    • Gyeongbuk, South Korea
    more
Re: School payments
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 08:53:01 pm »
Hey guys, just wondering if maybe there isn't a bigger problem "out there" since I know of 4 other people (myself included) who also didn't get paid today :(    I know they tend to forget because they waygooks get paid on the 25th and teachers on the 10th or 17th, but just this is the first time I've heard of so many  teachers not receiving salary today..

Also, for the OP:  I had NH last year, and when I gave them my KEB details this year (at my new school)  my co teacher DID say that it might be a problem because it's not NH, but he returned from Admin a few minutes later saying that the guy said it wasn't a problem at all!  So you should be able to get that settled easily.

• Davey
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• February 01, 2010, 01:36:20 pm
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 09:34:06 pm »
Hey guys, just wondering if maybe there isn't a bigger problem "out there" since I know of 4 other people (myself included) who also didn't get paid today :(    I know they tend to forget because they waygooks get paid on the 25th and teachers on the 10th or 17th, but just this is the first time I've heard of so many  teachers not receiving salary today..

Also, for the OP:  I had NH last year, and when I gave them my KEB details this year (at my new school)  my co teacher DID say that it might be a problem because it's not NH, but he returned from Admin a few minutes later saying that the guy said it wasn't a problem at all!  So you should be able to get that settled easily.

this might have to do with the year-end tax adjustment for medical insurance, and perhaps many schools didn't finish calculating it. could be just a coincidence.
------------------------------------------
Search this site using Google by typing, "site:waygook.org [search term]," especially during peak hours. Alternatively, use the site's search function.

EPIK: VISA, RENEWING, PENSION, ETC:

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2614.0.html

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 07:22:47 am »

today is the 26th and i'm still not paid.  Something is definitely going on.....It's not like these people are stupid enough to forget.  They hunt you down for money even after you finish your contract for lost fees etc....

don't underestimate your admin office.

• strawberry
  • Expert Waygook

• February 17, 2011, 10:08:30 am
    • Gyeongbuk, South Korea
    more
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 07:28:23 am »
Yeah I also don't think my office just "forgot"... at least not this year.  My school last year most definitely forgot.... like 5 times... :)  but my new school is really great and on the ball with these things so I'm sure something's up... I haven't been paid yet either - just checked it now... Unfortunately I'm at a different school today, so will have to text my C-T and see... Will post on here if I find out anything.

• poppy
  • Veteran

• May 07, 2010, 12:33:32 pm
    • Daejeon
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 07:33:17 am »
I didn't get paid either and I checked my account this morning.  I have been at my school for just over a year and they have never not paid me on time, so it something more than just forgetting.  My co-teacher is going to ask for me.  I am not worried about the money as I have plenty in my account and like I said it has never been a problem at my school before but I am curious as to the reason.  I have other friends who have been paid though.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:40:20 am by poppy »

• gyulhyeon
  • Waygookin

• September 15, 2010, 05:57:55 pm
    • Incheon, Korea
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2011, 08:02:15 am »
I wasn't paid yesterday as well. 

• dethe
  • Explorer

• September 09, 2010, 10:32:44 am
    • ansan
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2011, 08:05:53 am »
Any of you guys go to the office yet?  I normally just make sure to go there on payday and ask for my payslip.  It is a kind of reminder to them.

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2011, 08:08:19 am »
I checked my bank account yesterday while I was at school at about 4:10 and saw that I hadn't been paid. I asked my coteacher about it, she called the administrative office, and apparently they sent someone to run to the nearest Nonghyup to make the deposit.
Sometimes I think they just plain forget.

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2011, 08:15:13 am »
I often don't receive my money till near the end of the work day on the 26th, around 6:00-ish. Seems like quitting time is when they send the poor young guy or girl to make the mad dash to the Nonghyup. At least in my little town.

• dethe
  • Explorer

• September 09, 2010, 10:32:44 am
    • ansan
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2011, 08:38:17 am »
It should be all internet banking.  They shouldn't have to send anyone.  It is just the office lady transfering the money to you.  It is most likely she is just lazy and doesn't care as it isn't her money.

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2011, 08:47:50 am »
I also didn't get paid yesterday and I'm with NH.  In the 8 months I've been here this has never happened.  I'm a bit worried because I need to send money home tomorrow.  My co-teach called the bank and the bank said they received the deposit yesterday and that it's in my account.. but it wasn't in there last night.  I don't have online banking set up unfortunately, so I have to wait until after school to check.  If it's not in there, I'm going to cry.

• ame
  • Super Waygook

• December 02, 2010, 02:58:32 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 09:09:14 am »
Ok, here's some constructive advice.

If you have to send money home every month, why not choose a date such as the 7th?  Then you have over one week's padding in case (for example, rare and unlikely I know) your wages should be delayed.

• k.l.
  • Veteran

• September 09, 2010, 02:34:53 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 09:10:01 am »
That is terrible for anyone payed late...in public school they should be able to pay ON TIME!!! For anyone with NH, be aware, they had MASSIVE problems with hackers over the past week and the online banking may be down. Not sure but I follow the news and NH is having massive issues still.

• Koradian
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• October 08, 2010, 10:29:15 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2011, 09:13:18 am »
Ok, here's some constructive advice.

If you have to send money home every month, why not choose a date such as the 7th?  Then you have over one week's padding in case (for example, rare and unlikely I know) your wages should be delayed.

I have to totally agree with you here. Great advice. I think too many people leave responsibilities, like sending money home, to the last minute and push the envelope. Then they turn around and complain that they have to send their money home TODAY to make payments back home if they aren't paid on time. It's possible to change the dates your pmts at home are due. You'd be surprised at how accomodating your bank will be. Give them a call!

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2011, 09:59:04 am »
In regards to the comment about people 'leaving responsibilities' and waiting until the last minute to make payments, be aware that sometimes emergencies crop up which are in no way related to monthly bills/loan payments. There's so much judgment on these boards.

Anyway, regardless of the reasons people need to send money home, NH should be more on the ball about resolving their issues.  I still can't use my card at stores or non-NH ATM machines.  It's ridiculous.