Read 1973 times

Since my work hours are more or less the same as the hours of operation for the Korean post office, I asked a Korean friend to mail my ballot to Elections Canada for the May 2nd election.  Unfortunately,  an employee told her that by law, they can't send my package through express mail because Elections Canada's address has a postbox address, and apparently that means they can't track it/it violates some law.  I've had issues with the Korean post system before, but I dont want to make any accusations before I know a little more.  FYI, I can't send it by regular mail since that takes 10-11 days.

Has anyone else had a similar experience, or can offer a little advice?  Is there a legal way to send it to someone in Canada who can then forward it to Elections Canada? (I doubt the legality of doing that, but I'm rather desperate)

I'd really appreciate some help! 

• minamteacher
  • Expert Waygook

• October 05, 2010, 07:55:14 am
    • Incheon
    more
BUMP! I will be having a similar problem too!

• cmster
  • Adventurer

• June 28, 2010, 01:54:53 am
    • Mississauga, ON
Maybe try calling Elections Canada for an alternate address or just explain your problem to them and see if they offer a solution. 1-800-463-6868

• Castielle
  • Featured Contributor

• September 18, 2009, 02:00:00 pm
    • South Korea
    more
I'm not sure about the legality in Canada about receiving post, but I have sent stuff to South Africa and had the same problem with wanting to send it to a P.O. Box with express mail. They told me that I had to send it to a physical address. I just changed it and it was allowed.
when in Rome.. Die eind resultaat moet die moeite werd wees!

• b2dunn
  • Waygookin

• November 22, 2010, 01:05:34 pm
    • Daejeon, South Korea
That's so strange. I sent mine express last week and didn't have a problem. Maybe it's because of the tracking number? I told them I didn't need one, maybe that's why they let me send my ballot express.....

• Nukrain
  • Adventurer

• October 17, 2010, 07:32:45 pm
    • Swaggerville
why don't you call the Canadian embassy in Seoul they might be able to help you
or even take your ballots.

Thanks for the help guys!

Aparently the Canadian embassy is Seoul is sending a courier on the morning of April 28th for the election ballots.