Read 1120 times

Last Day Today!
« on: February 25, 2016, 09:53:30 am »
Hey y'all,

For those of us EPIKers leaving this school year, today marks the final day of contract! I'm curious what all of you plan on doing next?

I've been with EPIK since the Spring 2011 intake, so have put in my 5 years and am now going into semi-retirement for the next few months. Upgraded to an F-visa last summer, so no pressure for jumping right back in to the job market. How about the rest of you all?

Re: Last Day Today!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 11:58:06 am »
I'm on an F-visa teaching after school. I've also been her 5 years, although two was going to school. It's been a very easy gig teaching 4-5 hours a day, but I'm ready to start a real career in the US. I'm turning 29 this year and this ain't no kinda job or lifestyle to have when you're over 30. Returning to the US to find a job is terrifying but it's something I'll have to face sooner or letter. Better sooner I reckon.

Re: Last Day Today!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 12:44:57 pm »
I spent 2 1/2 years teaching at one private elementary school and just finished a 3 year stint at another, with a one year break between the two.  I was done last week and am headed to my home country next week to take some teacher certification exams.  Then I'll come back here in about a month's time because my wife and my dog are here, all the while trying to get an international school job someplace not in Korea.