Read 14605 times

Re: F2-99 visa -- what are the requirements these days?
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2018, 03:30:04 pm »
In America the document you need is Proof of Funds POF. It usually has an expiration date sorry I dont know the Korean name but Im pretty sure you just need to have the money for 24 hours or so. Ill get back to you with the official name.

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2018, 08:46:19 am »
The document to prove you have at least 30 million won deposited in the bank is called 잔고증명서 in Korean. First you must deposit the money atleast 24 hours before requesting the document. You then choose an expiration date for the document. During this time you will not be able to withdraw the money you have deposited again I believe the shortest amount of time is 24 hours. So totally you will need to own 30 million won for at least 48 hours.

I hope that helps.

Texas Chicken

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2018, 09:32:16 am »
The document to prove you have at least 30 million won deposited in the bank is called 잔고증명서 in Korean. First you must deposit the money atleast 24 hours before requesting the document. You then choose an expiration date for the document. During this time you will not be able to withdraw the money you have deposited again I believe the shortest amount of time is 24 hours. So totally you will need to own 30 million won for at least 48 hours.

I hope that helps.

Texas Chicken

Thanks. Good luck with the F-5.

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2018, 07:08:59 pm »
Looks like things are slowing down a bit with the GNI growth.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20180904000091

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2018, 07:59:25 am »
Can anybody confirm or deny that you need the 30 mil in a bank account for at least a year to qualify?

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2018, 08:02:26 am »
Can anybody confirm or deny that you need the 30 mil in a bank account for at least a year to qualify?

TexasChicken said 24 hours.

« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2018, 08:11:24 am »

And Based says otherwise. Trying to see if this is a hard and fast rule or if it's luck of the draw with whichever immigration officer is working.

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2018, 11:33:37 am »

And Based says otherwise. Trying to see if this is a hard and fast rule or if it's luck of the draw with whichever immigration officer is working.

I could be wrong, but I know the first time they refused my application because I didn't have a long enough time period shown in those documents. I went back to the bank and got the longer time period ones, and it was okay. So, it's anecdotal evidence. Sorry - best I got.

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2018, 12:22:30 pm »

I could be wrong, but I know the first time they refused my application because I didn't have a long enough time period shown in those documents. I went back to the bank and got the longer time period ones, and it was okay. So, it's anecdotal evidence. Sorry - best I got.

So they required you to show proof of funds for a one year period? Were they generally difficult with you?

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2018, 08:17:09 am »
https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/biz/2018/12/488_260059.html

The GNI is forecast to reach $31,243 in 2018. A similar rise next year should make the F2-99 uncertain even for Level 1+ public school teachers.

I'm going to supplement my basic salary with additional projects through the education office, but as they're paid directly by the office and not the school, I'm wondering how I'd prove the income to Immigration. I don't think the 원천징수영수증 would show that income.

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2018, 10:15:31 am »
Hire an accountant and submit your information to the office of education. They will calculate your combined income from both employers. I believe you can submit any legally taxed income as proof for the f2-99. Ill be doing the same in March when I apply for the F5 after paying all my taxes.

T.C.

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2018, 10:35:45 am »
Hire an accountant and submit your information to the office of education. They will calculate your combined income from both employers. I believe you can submit any legally taxed income as proof for the f2-99. Ill be doing the same in March when I apply for the F5 after paying all my taxes.

T.C.

Hiring an accountant (and maybe even a lawyer) to manage this might be the best course of action. I won't be applying for the visa until March 2020, but is there an accountant/lawyer you'd recommend?

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2018, 10:45:01 am »
The accountant im using doesnt speak English and lives in cheongju. If those arent deal breakers for you Ill forward you her info.

T.C.

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2018, 02:56:02 pm »
I definitely don't have the Korean language ability necessary to deal with accounting in Korean, unfortunately. You must be really fluent. It sounds like you deserve an F-5.

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2018, 01:17:22 pm »
I definitely don't have the Korean language ability necessary to deal with accounting in Korean, unfortunately. You must be really fluent. It sounds like you deserve an F-5.

I do all my banking and stuff in Korean and I only have TOPIK Level 2.

Being good at Korean isn't going to magically make you good at banking vocabulary. But doing your banking in Korean will make you great at banking vocabulary! Practical usage!

• ESLTurtle
  • Super Waygook

• October 25, 2017, 07:58:46 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2018, 02:34:42 pm »
Dude just check google. Lazy f00ks smh  :undecided: