Read 1427 times

  • lshaugh
  • Adventurer

    • 37

    • December 18, 2013, 12:56:51 am
    • Canada
Pension screw job?
« on: February 17, 2016, 04:47:09 pm »
Hey all,

I have been in Korea nearly two years now, and will be leaving March 1st. This morning, I went to my local NPS office (Pension office) to make sure everything was settled on that front.

While there, I was informed that my school stopped contributing three months ago, and that the monthly contribution when they WERE paying was lower than it should have been. NPS is on my side that yes, I am indeed missing out on some money.

So I am pretty sure I am getting screwed over here by my nightmare hagwon. I don't want a battle over this, I just want what I am legally entitled to. I am leaving in less than two weeks and want this rectified ( I am losing out on roughly 800k).

How can I go about making sure this is dealt with? Labour board? Tax office? NPS? I have yet to confront my boss as I want a stronger case on paper (from NPS) before confronting her.

Sorry for the lack of information and sloppy post, I am in between classes writing this as quickly as possible to get some insight.

  • Porksta
  • Veteran

    • 117

    • October 08, 2011, 09:31:27 pm
Re: Pension screw job?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 05:18:30 pm »
Go to NPS, pay your share and go home.  NPS will get your school to contribute their half and then wire you the money.