Read 1200 times

• kiehehe
  • Newgookin

• February 17, 2016, 05:49:40 am
    • uk
Applying as a couple
« on: February 17, 2016, 05:54:51 am »
Hello, can anybody advise me please?

Firstly, my girlfriend and I are looking to apply for couples positions (living together and working in the same school).  When registering with recruitment agencies, should we make a single application and include both of our CVís or make an application each?

Secondly, should our covering letters be written as individuals or as a joint application?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thank you,

Kieran.

Re: Applying as a couple
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 09:23:37 am »
There are hagwons that will take couples. Public schools don't work so well because they will definitely put you at different schools and different apartments that could be hours away.

When applying you shouldn't have to do much of a cover letter, just write a short email saying what your qualifications are and what you want. Apply as a couple, sending both resumes from one email.

You can apply directly to hagwons or recruiters, just see what is on Daves or here. Recruiters may want to get you separate jobs at different hagwons but that doesn't work so welp because most have different hours and different vacation schedules. Just be firm and insist on the same school. The recruiter will probably stop talking to you but there are a zillion of them so just apply to the next one.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07 pm
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• jamonamagnet
  • Expert Waygook

• April 01, 2015, 10:09:26 am
    more
Re: Applying as a couple
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 09:29:38 am »
There are hagwons that will take couples. Public schools don't work so well because they will definitely put you at different schools and different apartments that could be hours away.
This is not a definite.

I know several couples who applied here who were placed in the same town and live in the same apartment.