Read 7742 times

Concert tickets in Korea?
« on: February 02, 2016, 01:10:40 pm »
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with buying concerts tickets in Korea?
My friends and I are really wanting to go to Big Bang in Seoul. But the website (http://ticket1.auction.co.kr/Notice/Detail?NoticeID=7287) is in Korean and we are not sure about the payment options?

Any advice would be GREATLY appriciated!

Re: Concert tickets in Korea?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 01:28:18 pm »
 :laugh: I'm also trying for the Big Bang tickets. My friend and I are going to a PC bang (computers are faster). I saw Big Bang last spring when they were in Seoul, and the tickets were being sold through Gmarket. Honestly, I had one of my 6th graders help me. Have a Korean help you if you can, or a foreigner that is decent in Korean. If neither of those options are available, just wing it. My friend has used ticket auction before and she said it's kind of self explanatory. She also said they take american credit cards. Sometimes the Korean cards are wonky when buying things online.

Also, if you can't get tickets this week, try again later on in the month. They don't put all the tickets available up for sale at once. When I saw Big Bang last time, I got my tickets a few weeks after they had went on sale, and I was able to get floor standing tickets pretty close to the stage (never again). Unless you're trying for VIP, or super close the stage, I wouldn't stress. Just take your time and try to navigate the site.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 01:33:34 pm by Soggysocks »

• sapphirewind
  • Veteran

• May 18, 2015, 09:56:23 am
    • Anjung, Pyeongtaek, Gyeonggi
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 01:34:00 pm »
My friend and I are also trying for the same show (surprise surprise). Tickets are notoriously hard to get in Korea...I've done it for Interpark but had to have a Korean friend help. If they already went on sale - which i'm guesing they did as that is an auction site - was thinking of using "Ask Ajumma" which is a 3rd party dealer. You COULD try using a website translator...but it's better to have a friend who can read Korean as check-out will be a pain. As for me...I cannot afford tickets quite yet as I'm going to Japan on Friday.

• sapphirewind
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 02:03:38 pm »
Update: I subscribed to the website as I was told tickets go on sale each day at 8pm. If I can use a Credit card I will.... but interpark was very difficult to do using this method... wouldn't take my card.

I hear to get tickets to their shows multiple students will go to pcbangs to order tickets because they have the fastest internet there. Their tickets areknown to sell out in 5 minutes. Unfortunately, I think it's pretty hopeless endevour for those of us with limited Korean skills.

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 02:43:32 pm »
Update: I subscribed to the website as I was told tickets go on sale each day at 8pm. If I can use a Credit card I will.... but interpark was very difficult to do using this method... wouldn't take my card.

I hear to get tickets to their shows multiple students will go to pcbangs to order tickets because they have the fastest internet there. Their tickets areknown to sell out in 5 minutes. Unfortunately, I think it's pretty hopeless endevour for those of us with limited Korean skills.

It's not hopeless. I got tickets to the show they did last spring. I know no Korean. Granted, i had a 12 year old Korean walking me through it, but it won't sell out in 5 minutes. I got my tickets several weeks after they had went on sale. If you don't get through this week, try again a couple weeks later. And yeah, Korean cards are weird online. I can use my NH card on Airbnb, via paypal, and I can use it to pre-order bus tickets online, but it won't let me buy a swimsuit on the Korean Forever 21 website, or plane tickets. I'm hoping it works on this ticket site, but my friend informed me that it takes American cards, in case it doesn't.

• peachkitten
  • Veteran

• June 15, 2013, 03:38:06 am
    • Seoul, Republic of Korea
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 04:07:59 pm »
Ok, I went to your link and it does have an option for English language at the top. However, in the English version,  I wasn't able to see the concert, so you might have tried that already.
I was going to suggest Interpark, as I use that to get musical tickets usually. However, I swung by there and didn't see the concert in the English or Korean site versions (might have overlooked it on the Korean site).
But I agree with the other posters here, get a Korean friend, coteacher, or even student to help you. I feel for you. I've never been to a concert before and I tried to get tickets for Fly to the Sky last year or so online, but it had sold out within 10 minutes. :/
Good luck!

• sapphirewind
  • Veteran

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 07:17:47 pm »
Clicking on the "여매하기" booking button every 30-40 seconds isn't working for me...and i'm not so sure how long I should keep trying... prob call it quits after 20 minutes.

• tr06
  • Veteran

• September 03, 2011, 05:30:00 pm
    • Ansan, Gyenggi-do
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 07:44:45 pm »
No luck here either. :(

• k-adventure
  • Waygookin

• March 02, 2014, 03:02:25 pm
    • Busan, South Korea
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 09:11:26 am »
Personally I've never managed to get a ticket to a solo concert in Korea. The website either crashes or there's some error or just everyone else clicked faster than me, the competition is real. I have been to a few festival type concerts, but still going through the payment is stressful because something always goes wrong (in my experience ;_;). Last time I got tickets I ended up using my Korean friend's cellphone account to pay and even then it failed twice before finally going through.

My tips for trying are: go to a PC Bang and bring a Korean friend (use a computer each so you can both try). Log in plenty of time in advance (in case the website overloads and won't let you on later). Click on some other concert beforehand and go halfway through the payment screen to make sure you have all the correct plugins installed and to make yourself more familiar with how the seat choosing etc works. Have a back up of how to pay (I've had a website that wouldn't recognise my security certificate).

Good luck!

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 09:41:47 am »
Funny, I'd have thought they'd go out of their way to make it easier for foreigners to  buy tickets, so they'd be able to get more of those K pop is an international phenomenon shots of them in the crowd while filming.

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 07:51:22 pm »
The problem with Auction, unlike Gmarket, is that you need a credit card to buy tickets for the most part. So, it's harder to cancel tickets and have others buy them later. I've tried getting tickets all 3 nights and failed horribly. Usually I can grab one later after people either don't pay for or return their tickets which probably won't be the case this time around. I'm not really sure WHY they've decided to use this site this time, but it's terrible. Still, it's difficult to sell out a venue this big 3 days in a row even for a big name like Big Bang...when they say 'sold out' they usually mean the site is sold out, not the venue, so there's always the possibility of buying a ticket the day of, which I've done before. It's a lot of standing around and doing nothing for hours, but it can be worth it if you really want to go. Plus a lot of people who manage to buy tickets are scalpers who I really do detest because they raise the price WAY too much, so I would encourage you not to buy from them at the venue.

• cloudy_
  • Explorer

• January 09, 2016, 02:52:31 am
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 06:42:33 am »
I go to a lot of concerts and musicals but I haven't tried the Auction site as I usually buy mine off of Interpark, Yes24, Gmarket, Hana Tours etc but for one thing, have your cell phone ready and a credit card / Korean debit card along with your banking certificate on an USB. Usually if you have a regular plan set up with your cell phone carrier it makes paying much easier as the certificate can be downloaded onto your mobile but always carry your USB certificate in case something goes wrong. The set up is pretty self explanatory with 여매하기 but sometimes people forget to click on the "agree to all terms" type button before clicking on 여매하기 so it won't take you to the next screen, making you lose your ticket. For Big Bang, I know you can also go the day of to buy tickets on site but expect to stay in line from early morning. (Which isn't bad if you're getting for original price and possible floor tickets) If all else fails, have a friend find one for you on Twitter since I usually buy my tickets off other fans if I failed at ticketing. PM me if you need more help! l recommend you always go to a PC bang as well.