Read 5100 times

Valentine's Day 2016
« on: February 03, 2016, 01:40:53 pm »
Hello!

I know there are some old topics on this but I feel like they are too old and many of the suggestions are a bit dated (restaurant wise etc)

So, I was hoping people would post their suggestions for what they will/want to do this year in Seoul, or around Korea.

My suggestion is the blind restaurant at Konkuk University station www.blindrest.com

I done it before and it was a really cool experience, definitely memorable and unique.

Another suggest I'd like to make is an escape cafe/escape room. These are also awesome and some of them cater to small groups such as 2 people, or even a double date of 4. I guess they might be booked up for that day already but I'm not sure.

What I would suggest against is going to Namsan tower as it's the most common thing to do and just uncomfortably busy, and expensive, on days like that. It's better to save as a random thing to do on an off season day.

What are your suggestions? Any unique restaurants or experiences?

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
Re: Valentine's Day 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 01:50:42 pm »
Hello!

I know there are some old topics on this but I feel like they are too old and many of the suggestions are a bit dated (restaurant wise etc)

So, I was hoping people would post their suggestions for what they will/want to do this year in Seoul, or around Korea.

My suggestion is the blind restaurant at Konkuk University station www.blindrest.com

I done it before and it was a really cool experience, definitely memorable and unique.

Another suggest I'd like to make is an escape cafe/escape room. These are also awesome and some of them cater to small groups such as 2 people, or even a double date of 4. I guess they might be booked up for that day already but I'm not sure.

What I would suggest against is going to Namsan tower as it's the most common thing to do and just uncomfortably busy, and expensive, on days like that. It's better to save as a random thing to do on an off season day.

What are your suggestions? Any unique restaurants or experiences?

My gal just made reservations at a fine makgeolli restaurant in Yeonhui-dong. If all you've ever had is the green bottle Seoul makgeolli, you're seriously missing out. Makgeolli has just as much variety as beer does. It's like drinking Bud your whole life and then having your first.......... Well, anything other than Bud. As for the whole day, we're not sure. I'm leaving it up to her as Valentine's day is my pampered day. I'll have some advice in March when it's my turn.............
ETA 2day 4hour 45min to next reboot.
DO NOT UNPLUG

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 01:59:06 pm »
Ah yeah, I think we're going to do more western style with just Valentines day and skip white day.

I know what you mean about maekgolli. The Seoul stuff is nasty (although I still drink it from time to time). It's a real shame that it's all that many people get to try. There's a fantastic one out there with 3 green lines on the front, and it changes from season to season. So good.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 02:06:11 pm »
Ah yeah, I think we're going to do more western style with just Valentines day and skip white day.

I know what you mean about maekgolli. The Seoul stuff is nasty (although I still drink it from time to time). It's a real shame that it's all that many people get to try. There's a fantastic one out there with 3 green lines on the front, and it changes from season to season. So good.

느린 마일 (Neurin Maeul, means Slow village) Absolutely my favourite makgeolli. Velvety vanilla and there's no preservatives or aspartame in it. They have a restaurant in Gangnam and at Euljiro Ipgu and it's 10 000W for all you can drink makgeolli and arak (traditional distilled liqour, akin to soju) for 2.5 hours. It's an insanely good deal. I've paid 20 000 for all you can drink shite cocktails and Cass before. If anyone wants a map to either of these locations, just ask. I'd love to help someone enjoy the most Korean of alcohols. After all, soju is just distilled makgeolli (unless you drink the green bottle stuff, that is fermented whatever-is-cheapest-at-market-prices that month)

Happy Valentine's Day!   
DO NOT UNPLUG

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 02:30:51 pm »

느린 마일 (Neurin Maeul, means Slow village) Absolutely my favourite makgeolli. Velvety vanilla and there's no preservatives or aspartame in it. They have a restaurant in Gangnam and at Euljiro Ipgu and it's 10 000W for all you can drink makgeolli and arak (traditional distilled liqour, akin to soju) for 2.5 hours. It's an insanely good deal. I've paid 20 000 for all you can drink shite cocktails and Cass before. If anyone wants a map to either of these locations, just ask. I'd love to help someone enjoy the most Korean of alcohols. After all, soju is just distilled makgeolli (unless you drink the green bottle stuff, that is fermented whatever-is-cheapest-at-market-prices that month)

Happy Valentine's Day!
please - i'd like to try here myself!

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 02:33:46 pm »

Happy Valentine's Day!

Here you go! https://mmpkorea.wordpress.com/2015/05/04/neurin-maeul-brew-pubs/

Enjoy your drinking. Remember to stand up and walk around once in a while. My GF and I didn't realise how wasted we were until the 2.5 hours were up.  :huh:
DO NOT UNPLUG

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 02:42:04 pm »
cheers! might take a stab at it this weekend

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 03:33:10 pm »
I'm taking my girl for 10 chicken nuggets at burger king for a $1. Why would you go anywhere else?

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 03:38:51 pm »
I would suggest asserting the celebration of Black History Month because my girlfriend cannot be here in Korea with me. Besides I don't need Valentines Day to tell her that I love her.

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 07:53:18 am »

Happy Valentine's Day!

Say whaaaa. I may try that some time, and thanks for the tip. We will be in America for Valentines Day this time, so I am thinking just a small steakhouse. I moved to Seoul not incredibly long ago, but I did go to a nice fusion Vietnamese place in Daechi (near Samsung Towers...closest to Maebong subway station) the other day. The restaurant was called 4 Brothers. Overall it was quite tasty, and will set you back only around 40,000 for two people. Unfortunately the alcohol isn't included in the price I mentioned, but I suggest it if you are looking to switch it up a little. (side hint. right near there there is a small cheese shop where you can buy a few different cheeses for pretty cheap/ They also had the normal American cheese, for about 11,000 for 100 slices. It is usually like 5,000-6,000 for around 20.

• maximmm
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 05, 2013, 11:02:44 am
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 08:21:10 am »
I heard kimbab nara has a special discount on valentine's day!

• Zaiterade
  • Super Waygook

• September 08, 2015, 07:36:23 am
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 08:34:55 am »
I'm taking my girl for 10 chicken nuggets at burger king for a $1. Why would you go anywhere else?
This man has the right idea.

• jlsavary
  • Waygookin

• March 05, 2014, 07:28:31 am
    • Korea
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 09:31:23 am »
Where are these escape rooms/cafes? Last time I was in Seoul I tried to go to The Vault in Hongdae, but it wasn't open... that was the only one I had ever heard of. I would really like to check one out next time I'm in Seoul.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 09:36:24 am »
Where are these escape rooms/cafes? Last time I was in Seoul I tried to go to The Vault in Hongdae, but it wasn't open... that was the only one I had ever heard of. I would really like to check one out next time I'm in Seoul.

The Seoul Escape Room is at 서울특별시 마포구 와우산로 156 3층
Hongdae Exit 6
DO NOT UNPLUG

• Hot6^
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 14, 2014, 02:46:01 pm
    • Bucheon
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 09:54:05 am »
If you're in a rut, you can always head down to your local redlight, get a couple B-class models to come back to your place, and surprise your girl when she gets home.

Have some roses, but be nice, and give some to the girls as well. Then whip out the Cuffs and strapons, and have a go.

Then when it's all said and done, site around with some wine and ferrero rocher, pay the girls, and relax.

What you put into Korea, is what you will get out of Korea; it will not spoon feed you.

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 10:07:59 am »
If you're in a rut, you can always head down to your local redlight, get a couple B-class models to come back to your place, and surprise your girl when she gets home.

Have some roses, but be nice, and give some to the girls as well. Then whip out the Cuffs and strapons, and have a go.

Then when it's all said and done, site around with some wine and ferrero rocher, pay the girls, and relax.

you sound like a man who has done this before.  8)

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 10:26:56 am »

There are some in Hongdae, Gangnam, Itaewon and Sinchon. You generally need to book in advance.

This is the one I done, they have a few branches: http://www.seoul-escape.com/

• reudibeat
  • Veteran

• August 24, 2013, 01:13:46 pm
    • Ulsan South Korea
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 11:52:22 am »

There are some in Hongdae, Gangnam, Itaewon and Sinchon. You generally need to book in advance.

This is the one I done, they have a few branches: http://www.seoul-escape.com/

They're popping up all over the place these days. I know that there are several in Daegu and in Busan. If you're not close to Seoul check other nearby cities.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 11:33:29 pm »

Happy Valentine's Day!

Here you go! https://mmpkorea.wordpress.com/2015/05/04/neurin-maeul-brew-pubs/

Enjoy your drinking. Remember to stand up and walk around once in a while. My GF and I didn't realise how wasted we were until the 2.5 hours were up.  :huh:
ooooof this place is great. went there tonight- will def return. i recommend this place to everyone

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 12:44:35 am »
i done it too...~