Read 2603 times

• lee233
  • Super Waygook

• August 31, 2012, 09:53:46 am
    • Korea
    more
We are living in the wrong Korea!!
« on: January 20, 2016, 04:57:03 pm »
Apparently the neighbors up north have invented Hangover free alcohol as well as a cure all for HIV/AIDS, drug addiction, cancer, MERS and Ebola. Looks like all that propaganda NK has been spreading all these years is true, it is the superior country  :rolleyes:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/19/world/north-korea-hangover-free-alcohol/index.html

(CNN)It put the world on edge after its supposed hydrogen bomb test. But perhaps we can learn to love North Korea now that it claims to have invented a revolutionary liquor that won't leave you bleary-eyed and hungover.

And no, apparently it's not water.

According to state-run newspaper Pyongyang Times, this "suave" liquor is made from an extract of ginseng, and uses glutinous rice instead of sugar.

This secret blend of six-year-old ginseng and "scorched rice," produced by Taedonggang Foodstuff Factory researchers, is what makes the alcohol hangover-free, the article reported.

"Koryo Liquor, which is made of six-year-old Kaesong Koryo insam, known as being highest in medicinal effect, and the scorched rice, is highly appreciated by experts and lovers as it is suave and causes no hangover," Jong Hwa Sun wrote.

"Koryo Liquor" has been such a success, it has been registered as a "national scientific and technological hit" across the communist country, coming first in the food sector festival, the newspaper reported.

But the amber-colored liquor pales in comparison to a previous invention.

Last year, North Korean scientists released a vaccine called Kumdang-2 that could reportedly cure HIV/AIDS, drug addiction, cancer, MERS and Ebola.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 05:55:27 pm by lee233 »
If wishes were horses beggars would ride

• nomadicmadda
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 01, 2014, 06:49:40 am
    • Seoul, formerly Boseong
    more
Re: We are living in the wrong Korea!!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 05:45:08 pm »
Hahahahahahahaha, when I read this headline, I KNEW it would be this article.  My dad immediately sent me this when it first came out :laugh:

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 05:50:16 pm »
How could it cure all those diseases if the scientists and doctors there do not have access to those who suffer from those diseases? Or, do they?

North Korea...always full of surprises! Like the drone that was sent down to spy on South Korea...who sold them a drone?

• tamjen
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 19, 2013, 08:08:14 am
Hail Caesar

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 09:01:46 am »
EVERYTHING SUNNY ALL THE TIME ALWAYS

https://youtu.be/OhohteHuyPM

• tamjen
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 09:18:09 am »
Hail Caesar

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 09:20:05 am »

That was funny!

30 Rock is amazing. There's a whole playlist of Margaret Cho doing Kim Jongs Il and Un, including a North Korean version of Glengarry Glen Ross.

• tamjen
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 09:36:21 am »

That was funny!

30 Rock is amazing. There's a whole playlist of Margaret Cho doing Kim Jongs Il and Un, including a North Korean version of Glengarry Glen Ross.

I have heard of that, it's a TV show correct? I'll take a look.
Hail Caesar

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 09:54:44 am »
North Korea  or South Korea...doesn't matter. They are cut from the same cloth. Flat out freaking nutjobs...

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 10:54:07 am »
North Korea  or South Korea...doesn't matter. They are cut from the same cloth. Flat out freaking nutjobs...

Last night, I watched a clip of a tourist filming the 5AM wake-up call, in Pyongyang. Creepy music and propaganda blaring from speakers for all to enjoy. I thanked God I wasn't one of the unlucky sods living in that hell-hole... This morning, I was woken up by some asshat, blaring the prices of his fruit and veg from a megaphone attached to a van.
I couldn't agree with you more.

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 03:12:35 pm »

Last night, I watched a clip of a tourist filming the 5AM wake-up call, in Pyongyang. Creepy music and propaganda blaring from speakers for all to enjoy. I thanked God I wasn't one of the unlucky sods living in that hell-hole... This morning, I was woken up by some asshat, blaring the prices of his fruit and veg from a megaphone attached to a van.
I couldn't agree with you more.

Hardly the same.  At least one guy can earn a living and we're free to complain about it.  Imagine complaining about gibberish coming off the loud speaker in the north.  It'd be off with your head.