Read 864 times

• Toshiba
  • Super Waygook

• December 15, 2011, 02:18:45 pm
    • not good!
Canadian Criminal Record Check.
« on: January 04, 2016, 07:16:45 pm »
When one is at home, can we still get a criminal check done in a week or two through Commissionaires? Also, the stamp required from Korean immigration. Do they still do that on the spot? Things seem to change so often in this regard, both here and back home.

Any update on the current situation is appreciated.

Toshiba

• DaStrongOne
  • Moderator LVL 1

• December 01, 2015, 08:59:17 pm
    • Korea
Re: Canadian Criminal Record Check.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 10:07:12 am »
I'd also like to know if they do the stamp on the spot. Have they ever not done this?
ESL in the ROK - 19 games for any lesson - simply enter your data/choose a lesson and play

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 10:56:25 am »
As long as you have the electronic fingerprint criminal record check, I think it can be done in 4-5 days. You should double check with the specific commissionaire or RCMP branch that you are planning to use, though.

For the verification stamp, it took maybe 10-15 minutes in person when I had mine done at the Vancouver consulate in June.

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 02:59:25 pm »
If you go to Canada, you can get an electronic fingerprinting service from one of the local fingerprinting agencies, and they will send that information to the RCMP. They will charge you about more than CAN$75, and in 1 week it will be (and has to be) sent to your home address in Canada only. Once you get it in the mail, you bring it with you back here to Korea, and go to the Canadian counsolate/embassy and have them notarize it for the price of about CAN$50-55.

There is one in Mississauga that you can go to. It's on 5484 Tomken Road Unit 13.