Read 105263 times

Re: 5th grade Lesson 9: Whose boat is this?
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 11:02:26 am »
I just tried this PPT game with my kids today and they loved it.
It works in a similar format to the bombs games.

Scoring is as followed:
If the group guesses the question correctly then the group gets one point. (eg. Whose sword is this?)
If they next guess the correct character in which the item belongs to they get another point. (eg. they guess Inuyasha "It's Inuyasha's")
Finally if they guess the correct response to the question they get another point(eg. Yes, it's mine.)
So the max points u can get per turn is 3

However i did have some trouble with controlling the PPT, i think its because I'm still not too familiar with making games on PPT >_<" so I'm sorry in advance.

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 12:14:44 pm »
here you go, one is a friend (initials JB) and one is from my coteacher!
everyone loved the song game, thanks so much!! (I wish I had an English PPT program).

• krnpowr
  • Waygookin

• May 05, 2010, 08:29:30 pm
    • korea
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 08:24:48 am »
Translated lesson :

Thanks for your reply, but you attached the lesson for the 6th graders.  Do you lesson 9 for the 5th graders?

Thanks,
Dave

• amycock
  • Veteran

• May 20, 2010, 10:53:42 am
    • Pohang S.Korea
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 10:01:06 am »
Oh dear sorry! Haha, here you are

• gecko87
  • Explorer

• May 22, 2010, 09:32:17 pm
    • Seoul, Korea
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 12:15:08 pm »
Does anyone have a good idea for a pop song to go with this lesson?

• sbbaas
  • Adventurer

• April 01, 2010, 06:02:18 pm
    • SK
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 01:14:36 pm »
@gecko87

This Korean pop song says "It's Mine" several times. Maybe you can make it work.

Kara (카라) - Lupin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS2YMTbxyY4

• echo211
  • Newgookin

• April 08, 2010, 04:51:13 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 01:58:07 pm »

Scoring is as followed:
If the group guesses the question correctly then the group gets one point. (eg. Whose sword is this?)
If they next guess the correct character in which the item belongs to they get another point. (eg. they guess Inuyasha "It's Inuyasha's")
Finally if they guess the correct response to the question they get another point(eg. Yes, it's mine.)

However i did have some trouble with controlling the PPT, i think its because I'm still not too familiar with making games on PPT >_<" so I'm sorry in advance.

thanks, justasgoodasyou! it looks like a great game! could you do me a favor, though, and tell me the names of the correct cartoon characters? i know the common ones (i.e. mickey, minnie, spongebob), but have no idea who the japanese anime guys are. i appreciate all your help!

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 03:13:32 pm »
Does anyone have a good idea for a pop song to go with this lesson?

I take no credit for this but it has all kinds of K-Pop in in. A typhoon "whose song is this?" game.

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 03:16:43 pm »

Scoring is as followed:

thanks, justasgoodasyou! it looks like a great game! could you do me a favor, though, and tell me the names of the correct cartoon characters? i know the common ones (i.e. mickey, minnie, spongebob), but have no idea who the japanese anime guys are. i appreciate all your help!

Hehehehe... you will surprise your kids, if they knew u knew these characters ^_^

urm... i used 'Light' and 'L' from 'Death Note',
there is also 'Naruto', 'Susake',  the girl is 'Sakura' and 'Gaara' from 'Naruto'
'Inuyasha' is the character in red with dog ears and the sword
'Zzanggu' is the little boy with the white dog
'Luffy' is the guy with the straw hat from 'One piece'
'Doraemon' is the blue cat with no ears
'Goku' is the character with golden, spiked up hair, from 'Dragon ball Z'

I believe that is all the anime characters i used in the PPT. i have also given u the anime that they are from just incase i confused you.... which i hoped i didnt >_<"

• melissah
  • Veteran

• September 03, 2010, 07:54:54 am
    • Daejeon, South Korea
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010, 08:29:17 am »
I just want to say thanks! I'm just finishing up my first week in Daejeon and was putting things together, came across this site and am feeling so INSPIRED!!! Hopefully, it won't be long and I can contribute some things here and there. Thanks for all the ideas, ppts, and such - yay for "Whose Boat is it?"!!!

• sbbaas
  • Adventurer

• April 01, 2010, 06:02:18 pm
    • SK
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2010, 08:40:55 am »
I can't take credit for making these, but I found them on the mediafire site.  The first is a story, "Whose Dung is This?" The Second is a Snakes and Ladders game.

• melissah
  • Veteran

• September 03, 2010, 07:54:54 am
    • Daejeon, South Korea
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2010, 02:12:26 pm »
This is my attempt to be a contributing member to waygook.org

I've been in the Korean classroom for ONE whopping week -- can't read Korean, therefore can't function on PPT and...not so sure how much creativity I can really use in the lessons - trying to get a feel/in the groove w/ the ct.

Maybe you're in the same boat...and this lesson will therefore fit your needs - super simple slides, etc.

• gsjones
  • Explorer

• May 17, 2010, 06:52:48 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2010, 01:03:42 pm »
Here is a 15 minute guessing name I made including Korean celebrities. The kids went crazy over this.

- Students are divided into groups of 4-6 people.
- Each group is given a mini white board, board marker and eraser
- The teacher will reveal an image showing only part of a Korean celebrity
- Students repeat the question (Who's ____ is this?)
- Students have two guesses. Students should write 1 (Guess one) and their main guess. Then 2 (guess two) with their second choice
- Teacher reveals celebrity.
- If students guess correctly on their first turn then they receive 5 points. If they guess correctly on their second choice then they get 3 points.
- The team with the most points in the end wins.

P.S: One slide includes an Image of me and a Korean celebrity. His name is Son Ho Young and he used to be a member of JYP's 'G.O.D'

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2010, 01:13:43 pm »
It's about time I gave back to the waygook community...

I just finished teaching period 2.  There was an excellent song quiz PPT that was uploaded, but unfortunately it was only of American music.  Instead I added 2 modern pop songs that the kids would know and 2 popular songs from the 90s.  My 5th grade co-teachers were laughing when they heard the songs from the 90s (They were in elementary school when they came out).

For the korean music, I don't know how to make a .wav file and insert it into the ppt so instead I just uploaded the songs.

• timcity
  • Waygookin

• June 21, 2010, 03:10:52 pm
    • Cheongju, South Korea
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2010, 01:29:33 pm »
Have the students practice the dialogue and take volunteers to read it aloud.  After a few students volunteer, move to the next page.  Take more volunteers, move to the next page....This exercise teaches kids useful memorization techniques and it gets them speaking English!

• gsjones
  • Explorer

• South Korea
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2010, 05:27:32 pm »
BOMB GAME:

THE KIDS LOVED THIS.

The game is entirely self explanatory.
- Press the play button to play a sample of the song
- Click again to reveal an image of the group
- Click again to reveal the name of the group
- Click again to reveal the amounts of points won
- Click home to navigate back to the home menu

(You will have to write 1-20 on the board so students know what numbers are left to choose)

I took this presentation from jschering. I take no credit for the musicla content. Only the design)

Hope you enjoy it

• gsjones
  • Explorer

• South Korea
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2010, 08:59:20 pm »
Whose is THIS/THAT - are THESE/THOSE PPT

A simple Presentation identifying.
- Singular: This / That
- Plural: These / Those

• panda
  • Adventurer

• November 30, 2009, 04:52:46 pm
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2010, 09:58:01 pm »
BOMB GAME:

THE KIDS LOVED THIS.

The game is entirely self explanatory.
- Press the play button to play a sample of the song
- Click again to reveal an image of the group
- Click again to reveal the name of the group
- Click again to reveal the amounts of points won
- Click home to navigate back to the home menu

(You will have to write 1-20 on the board so students know what numbers are left to choose)

I took this presentation from jschering. I take no credit for the musicla content. Only the design)

Hope you enjoy it

So pretty. I updated it a little. Basically I used mp3s instead of wav files as 45mb was kinda ridiculously big. I cut it down to 13MB and don't have the time to cut it down any further. It wouldn't be too hard as your 3000x2225 res images are possibly slight overkill unless you're showing this on a projector that displays at higher than 1080p resolution! Having said that, as I mentioned before it is so pretty!

In the future people should follow the very simple steps at http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/embed_mp3.html to trick powerpoint in to accepting mp3s instead of wavs. The one downside is that it may not work on a mac but then I've not seen a mac in a school. I guess if you're using your own Macbook then it's not a good idea but otherwise it makes the files much smaller.

• junkymia
  • Waygookin

• November 24, 2009, 08:56:15 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2010, 12:01:58 am »
Last year I used the rap song from NAS "It's Yours".  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8shxfMriI

http://www.SeoulTeachers.com - ESL Songs, Videos, and Worksheet Links

• cad123
  • Veteran

• August 30, 2010, 10:09:02 am
    • Ulsan South Korea
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2010, 11:45:45 am »
i used this game today the kids enjoyed it, nothing new here, but maybe it will save somebody some time.