Read 1349 times

• cashclay
  • Super Waygook

• May 03, 2015, 03:51:12 am
    • seoul
rewards and frequent flyer miles
« on: October 31, 2015, 04:04:07 am »
Im looking to get a CC.  I wanted to get one that offers great rewards and frequent flyer miles.  can anyone suggest a bank?  I have tried searching for this in google but didnt get any responses. Also the waygook search didnt really turn up anything.  thanks!

• mr
  • Veteran

• October 31, 2012, 07:47:33 am
    • Seoul
Re: rewards and frequent flyer miles
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 08:26:20 am »
I have an asiana cc with Hana bank which gives me 1 mile for every 1000won spent. Asiana is part of star alliance so I can use my miles on many different airlines.
I pay everything with this card, which gives me enough miles for one reward ticket to South east Asia or India a year.
Google asiana club or asiana mileage partners as I know other banks do this too

• mr
  • Veteran

• Seoul

• Pecan
  • The Legend

• December 27, 2010, 09:14:44 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 10:19:18 am »
I have an asiana cc with Hana bank which gives me 1 mile for every 1000won spent. Asiana is part of star alliance so I can use my miles on many different airlines.
I pay everything with this card, which gives me enough miles for one reward ticket to South east Asia or India a year.
Google asiana club or asiana mileage partners as I know other banks do this too
To get enough miles for one reward ticket to SE Asia, you would need to be spending 40,000,000KRW or 40,000USD a year, as it takes 40,000 miles.

I hope you are joking.

• mr
  • Veteran

• Seoul
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 12:14:15 pm »
To get enough miles for one reward ticket to SE Asia, you would need to be spending 40,000,000KRW or 40,000USD a year, as it takes 40,000 miles.

I hope you are joking.

Nope. Not joking.  Total spending on cc + miles accrued from two trips a year = 1 free ticket for me.
In summer I went went on a nice long vacation( 10 flights all together for just over a million won on Star alliance) and I gained 21 000 miles.
So yeah, my bad. Spending on Cc AND earned miles get me a free ticket

• cashclay
  • Super Waygook

• seoul
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 07:11:17 pm »
okay i just have a few questions.  first if i dont have enough miles for a free ticket am i allowed to take my miles and use it as a discount of the ticket price??  And am i allowed to use my miles on any trip i desire or is there a list i have to select from?  Because i would like to travel to cambodia, vietnam , and pretty much the entire SEA.  And how do i find out how many miles i need to get a free ticket?  I guess what im asking is if there is a list that shows this.   

• cashclay
  • Super Waygook

• seoul
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 07:19:05 pm »
also i hear theres annual fee.  whats this about i have to pay yearly to be a member of the CC??  I would think that them making an interest off my purchases would be enough.  And is it possible to get a CC from a bank without having an account there?  whew sorry for all this.  i tried looking it up and even called them but they simply just told me to come in.  I dont want to make the trip there if there just going to tell me no.   bu thanks to anyone who can help!

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 08:31:34 pm »
Based on your posting history you're not going to be very successful.

First, you need money.  And you also need to spend money.

Actually, you've spotted the annual fee, which is a good call.  The fee is there to cover the cost of giving you free trips.  Or rather, your fee is to cover the cost of some other guy's free trip.

If you travel a lot and accumulate miles that way then that's the key, especially if your company is paying.  But doing it otherwise is a mug's game.

If you want to save money you can:
a) Not fly
b) Fly cheap airlines
c) Use the annual membership fee as a discount on one of your own flights instead of paying for the card

You spotted the other problem with miles- they're probably not usable on the flight/date/airline/ticket you actually want.  Or you don't quite have enough.  So there's that.