Read 2373 times

Where can I find crazy color hair dye for Halloween?
« on: October 26, 2015, 11:04:04 am »
I need green, wash out hair dye. Does anyone know where I can get it in Seoul or around Suwon/Anyang area?
I would prefer colored hair spray but any form is fine. I checked Gmarket and eBay but nothing would arrive in time or was insanely expensive.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
Re: Where can I find crazy color hair dye for Halloween?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 11:50:40 am »
I realise that this might not be optimal for everybody, but when I was younger I would dye my hair with crystal drink mixes (ie: Kool-aid).  :smiley:
Might work for you if you can't find anything better.

Like so.

• Jada4
  • Adventurer

• August 27, 2011, 06:13:10 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 12:18:26 pm »
I realise that this might not be optimal for everybody, but when I was younger I would dye my hair with crystal drink mixes (ie: Kool-aid).  :smiley:
Might work for you if you can't find anything better.

Like so.

While this does work...it sometimes works too well. And I know that you have been dying your hair different colors lately so it might be a little striped and the color may stay longer than desired .  My friends did this a few years ago to some strips of hair and the 2 brunettes color washed out in a couple of weeks and the blonde friend's lasted for 2 years! So do this cautiously.

• MWeb37
  • Super Waygook

• February 11, 2012, 10:24:08 am
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 12:23:18 pm »
Use soft pastels! You can buy them at Alpha, Daiso, or any kind of craft section of a store. You just need to wet your hair (tie some off if need be) and rub the pastel in to get whatever colour you'd like. Works really well!

• jomi
  • Veteran

• April 07, 2015, 02:07:46 pm
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 12:26:16 pm »
Use soft pastels! You can buy them at Alpha, Daiso, or any kind of craft section of a store. You just need to wet your hair (tie some off if need be) and rub the pastel in to get whatever colour you'd like. Works really well!

Pretty much what I was gonna say. Chalking your hair is easy and temporary and doesn't damage your hair much.

• shostager
  • Super Waygook

• November 06, 2012, 06:08:10 am
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 12:34:25 pm »
Any suggestions for chalk brands?

I'm looking at tutorials online and they all warn against oil-based products, and point out that some brands may have chemicals that might be a problem. I'm not sure how to check for those things in Korean.

• Sillyleaf
  • Adventurer

• January 14, 2012, 12:47:35 am
    • Canada
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 12:47:51 pm »
I've used chalk pastels from Daiso to put color in my hair temporarily.  They worked  pretty well, if you want to do a lot of hair  you might need more than 1 pack.  If you go to Alpha  you  might be able to just buy one or two green pastels.  Test it with your fingers if you can, does the color rub off  the stick onto your fingers easily?  See if the color stains your skin too much (try to get it off with a wet wipe or damp tissue)  if it's stubborn or hard to get off your skin there is a chance it'll stain your hair  and not come out easily.

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 02:18:41 pm »
You can bye hair chalk from the English section in Gmarket: http://gsearch.gmarket.co.kr/Listview/Search?keyword=hair%20chalk

They have hair dye too but it's expensive - http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=670129665 - you should be able to get a cheaper version on the Korean site.

Hair gel: http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=712977140