Read 2618 times

Booking plane tickets and paying with Korean Won
« on: October 06, 2015, 12:17:40 am »
Anyone know how I can buy plane tickets with Korean Won that is also a friendly search engine? 

It sounds like it would be impossible, but anything with like Kayak or even AirAsia or something. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Booking plane tickets and paying with Korean Won
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 07:31:25 am »
If you are booking on-line you can use a Korean credit card, which will be charged in Won (the amount will be converted from whatever currency is in use).

The easiest way is to use a local travel agent I think.  Find the price you are willing to pay on-line, then ask a travel agent to give you a price for the same trip.  If it's not too much more expensive then go ahead.  You can pay in cash, or use your card, or do an ATM transfer to the travel agent's account.

You could also use one of the bigger agents such as Soho Travel in Seoul.  Same deal for paying, plus they can also apply for visas if you need one.

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 10:23:12 am »
Some folks have a VISA debit card from their bank here.  It's not really a VISA card though.  It just takes money out of their account. If you're paying cash, it should let you do that.  Don't ask me how Korean sites work.  An English site should accept the VISA logo even though it's really just taking the funds out of your bank account.  Lots of foreigners get those here.  I don't have one on account of having VISA's from Canada. 

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 11:40:52 am »
use skyscanner.com
I thought it was skyscanner.net