Read 1279 times

• sweetkat
  • Veteran

• March 02, 2011, 01:35:29 pm
    • Korea
Secondhand shops that buy goods from you
« on: October 01, 2015, 08:46:28 am »
So i am leaving shortly and my husband will be leaving later.  We have a bunch of big household items we would rather sell altogether than piece by piece.  Is there any secondhand stores in Korea, specifically Busan or Yangsan areas, that would buy things like our refrigerator, air conditioner, and washing machine? 

Or is it ever done that you can negotiate to leave these things in the apartment and the landlord will give you some money for them?

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
Re: Secondhand shops that buy goods from you
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 09:10:08 am »
...Or is it ever done that you can negotiate to leave these things in the apartment and the landlord will give you some money for them?

I don't know about second hand shops, but with respect to the landlord question, it costs nothing to ask.

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 09:46:02 am »
I've tried doing that with a few 2nd hand clothing shops, in my city. I had some clothes, in great condition, and even a pair of adidas sneakers which I only wore 4 times (barely had any signs of wear). Before I could even offer a price, they refused. After going to two different places with the same outcome, I gave up.

I may be wrong, but I don't think these shops buy 2nd hand clothes. They probably accept donations and sell them (hopefully, the profit goes to the poor). I wouldn't be surprised if they just got or took clothing for free and sold them.

• Mezoti97
  • The Legend

• April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 11:57:07 am »
Or is it ever done that you can negotiate to leave these things in the apartment and the landlord will give you some money for them?

I think so. When I was apartment-hunting a couple of years ago, I remember at one of the places my real estate agent took me to see, there were a few pieces of furniture already in the apartment, and my real estate agent told me that the landlord bought one of them from the previous tenant when she was about to move out. It's worth a try and couldn't hurt to ask your landlord if he/she may be interested in buying one of your pieces of furniture; the worst he/she will say is no.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 11:58:51 am by Mezoti97 »