Read 8493 times

• meggie107
  • Veteran

• March 08, 2011, 01:23:04 pm
    • chilgok, korea
Re: Hiding my food from co-workers...secret snacks
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 10:22:42 am »
haha! I would probably be a secret snacker, if it weren't for the fact that I have my own office so I can eat whatever and whenever I want:)

• MKB
  • Explorer

• September 10, 2010, 10:11:15 am
    • Korea
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2011, 10:32:23 am »
I squirrel away snacks sometimes and feel self-conscious as well, but I don't think they're drastically offended. The bringing something in for everyone once in a while seems like a good idea. It's doubly awkward for me because when they offer me something I usually decline because I'm such a picky eater (they'll give it to me anyways lol).

• cinamon
  • Super Waygook

• May 18, 2010, 12:15:53 pm
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2011, 12:55:24 pm »
I'm a desk snacker but I don't hide them because I see other Korean teachers snacking by themselves too.

Sometimes I buy snacks with the intent of bringing it in to share but I end up eating most of it myself.  *sighs*

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2011, 01:24:55 pm »
I do share when I come prepared, but when I'm real hungry and it's my last snack item I wait until my co teacher is out of the room and take a quick bite. Occasionally she's returned so I slowly place the half eaten item into my top draw. As a result the draw, which i have recently found out is wedged too tightly in for me to remove, is full of crumbs. Not being able to empty it sufficiently means my replacement coming next week will think she has replaced a slob. It's a fair judgement i guess.  oops!  :D

• SBracken
  • Expert Waygook

• March 07, 2011, 07:41:22 am
    • Pohang, S Korea
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2011, 01:29:19 pm »
I have an orange nearly every day around 6th period, and it sits on my desk from the time I come in (perched comfortably on top of my own TP roll actually). No one's ever said anything about it that I know of, and I haven't noticed any hurt/upset/annoyed/offended glares or glances my way since I started doing this a few weeks ago.

I've brought in office gifts though a few times, so mabye that bought me some slack? I'm starting to feel guilty about my orange-a-day now though (mostly through reading posts like these), like perhaps I need to bring in a bi-weekly peace offering to the office so that I may have my orange in peace without them hating me :S
(or perhaps my office is just a bit more chill with the whole idea of 'personal snacks'?)

• hkg123
  • Veteran

• March 23, 2011, 02:07:15 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2011, 01:33:27 pm »
Ug, I hear you guys!  I've got all sorts of food issues and feel best anyway if I eat a lot of small meals.  The idea that I have to bring three times the amount of food (especially if it's gluten-free stuff ordered from home) just seems crazy to me.  I can't afford it.  I'm still trying to figure out what to do.....

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2011, 01:38:39 pm »
Haha!! I bought a bag of nuts to school and while snacking on them decided to offer to my two co-teachers... I turned around to do something on my computer and next thing I know I have 4 nuts left in the bag. Now if I offer my snacks I hold the bag and put it away after they have taken some of whatever it is.

• asabranca
  • Veteran

• October 05, 2010, 08:55:29 am
    • Gangwon-Do
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2011, 01:42:08 pm »
Haha... thanks for this post!  And glad to know that I'm not alone.

I also bring in snacks for everyone, but if I did this every time I craved one, it would definitely get pricey!

I'm also a secret snacker.   :D

• jryanaustin
  • Adventurer

• September 13, 2010, 08:06:49 am
    • Ulsan, ROK
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2011, 01:54:46 pm »
Yesterday in the office I pulled out a packet of cookies and ate one. I turned around for about a minute and instantly they were all gone.

This was my first experience with guerilla food sharing.
And I'm not going to lie, I was a little indignant.

• poppy
  • Veteran

• May 07, 2010, 12:33:32 pm
    • Daejeon
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2011, 02:07:48 pm »
I always bring some fruit to have every afternoon and I don't usually share.  Occasionally if it some grapes or something then I might pass them around but usually not.  I try to be very discreet when I eat them.  I have noticed other teachers in the office eating wothout sharing so I don't feel as bad.  I try to bring a bigger snack once a month, like some bread or strawberries that I leave out for everyone in the office to snack on.  This Monday I will bring in some chocolate for everyone for Easter.