Read 9041 times

Saw my first padded jacket of the 'winter' today...
« on: September 11, 2015, 01:25:04 pm »
Poor lass must have been frozen in this 28c weather  :cry:

Re: Saw my first padded jacket of the 'winter' today...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 02:05:52 pm »
Hey, it's September 11th. If you're too stupid to know that autumn started precisely on September 1st, that's your problem. </sarcasm>

• Nivea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 02, 2011, 11:23:30 pm
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 02:24:52 pm »
Not seen that in Busan yet, some of my kids decided to put their winter uniform on today and ended up sweating like little pigs. I guess that is what they get for deciding that summer has ended too early. I'm going to the beach tomorrow.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 02:32:20 pm »
Hey, it's September 11th. If you're too stupid to know that autumn started precisely on September 1st, that's your problem. </sarcasm>

Koreans set the seasons by date not by temperature and weather conditions.  Didn't you know that?   :P

• Wench
  • Adventurer

• February 07, 2012, 06:17:19 pm
    • South Africa
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 03:32:10 pm »
The ajumma at the corner store asked me, if I wasn't getting cold at all.... **** staring at her with sweaty eyebrows.

I was very confused as it is still so hot/humid.. she made me doubt my sanity for a second  :P

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 07:09:38 pm »
I lived in North Bay, Ontario, Canada from grades 5-8.  Lots of beaches in city limits.  My mom's rule was that I couldn't go the beach if it was colder than 20 C.

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 12:04:53 pm »
Can't wait for this to start happening 50 times a day:

Student: "Teacher. Hot."
Me: "Why don't you take off your down jacket?"
Student: "EHHHHHHHHHHH?"

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 10:21:35 pm »
Lol you did not see someone wearing a padded winter jacket. Cmon now.

• maximmm
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 05, 2013, 11:02:44 am
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 10:48:51 am »
The weather is getting psychotic again -
In the mornings, when I ride my bike, I often begin to ponder if I should start wearing my winter hat.  Come daytime, it's as hot as it was a month ago. 

This change of weather is when people usually start to get flu and stuff. 

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 05:08:31 pm »
I saw a few people out hiking today, and they had padded jackets. Not big hefty winter ones; but thick enough to keep out the chill of late summer in Daegu, which as we all know is the coldest city in Korea.

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 05:43:51 pm »
Lol you did not see someone wearing a padded winter jacket. Cmon now.

I saw an old dude in Busan yesterday wearing three jackets. Not down coats but it was like 25 yesterday.

• Korea13
  • Super Waygook

• May 29, 2013, 08:36:18 am
    • korea
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 09:34:14 pm »
When shopping today at New Core and every shop sell winter jacket\sweaters. I was looking for some new T-shirts and the lady look at me like I was crazy.

Went into another shop "SPAO" and only saw a couple clearances T-shirts at the corner.
5,000 won each as they are trying to get ride of T-shirts and shorts.

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 12:09:48 am »
Koreans love heat.  Not sure why.  They'll never be able to scientifically explain it to you.  It's just one of those things you have to accept and occasionally shake your head at. (A lot of the older folks will even keep the heat cranked to 28 or 30 indoors in winter.)

It's a bit more comfortable and probably one of the least humid Septembers I've ever experienced here.  Still, it's warm enough to not need a coat.  I wouldn't even consider putting one on until the latter part of October and even then only in the mornings and a light one at that. 

I'm sure they look at me funny when I'm riding a bike in October wearing a t shirt and shorts.  But to each their own.

• prplbuttercups
  • Adventurer

• January 23, 2013, 03:12:22 am
    • USA
    more
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 05:30:34 am »
winter is coming  :evil:

i bought my lift season pass yesterday  8)
happiness is everything

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2015, 08:01:32 am »
Can't wait for this to start happening 50 times a day:

Student: "Teacher. Hot."
Me: "Why don't you take off your down jacket?"
Student: "EHHHHHHHHHHH?"

I said this exact same thing to one of my students last year and he looked at me like I'd just invented something revolutionary.
ETA 2day 4hour 45min to next reboot.
DO NOT UNPLUG

• Embarr
  • Veteran

• August 11, 2013, 09:01:22 am
    • Daejeon, South Korea
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 08:38:26 am »
When shopping today at New Core and every shop sell winter jacket\sweaters. I was looking for some new T-shirts and the lady look at me like I was crazy.

Went into another shop "SPAO" and only saw a couple clearances T-shirts at the corner.

I've quickly learned that you see things sold pretty far ahead of the season here, and when the season for it comes around some of that stuff disappears in stores.

It's kind of like walking into stores in the US during October and seeing Christmas stuff being sold.

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 09:50:50 am »

the Uniqlo in my city has had light down jackets up on the racks since last month (August).

• annataleen
  • Moderator LVL 1

• May 02, 2014, 01:27:07 pm
    • Incheon
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 10:20:34 am »

the Uniqlo in my city has had light down jackets up on the racks since last month (August).
I saw those in Uniqlo in August as well.   I was looking for a certain shirt that was on sale, but my size was sold out everywhere!  Then I went to Singapore and checked Uniqlo there...they also had the light down...in Singapore! :huh:

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2015, 11:50:19 am »
Oh my god. I did see a little kid wearing a puffy jacket the other day, on the subway... and she was sweating like crazy. I thought it was just a fluke.
"Don't Panic"

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2015, 03:19:45 pm »
Had a kid today yelling about how hot he was, all wrapped up in his long sleeve jacket.