Read 16115 times

Re: Last Day of Teaching! Whoop!!!
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2015, 04:26:50 pm »
Yes!  My one and only class for the day is canceled. It kind of sucked that I had to walk in on a bonding moment that the 5th grade teacher was having with the kids.  Fool should have messaged me early in the morning to tell me class was cancel  :rolleyes:  But I do welcome the extra deskwarming  ;D

how come some of you still have classes? when does your winter vacation start in your schools?

because not all schools are on the same schedule? My middle school still has another week. Graduation is on the 8th. Winter camp starts the 11th-29th.

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2015, 01:59:32 am »
In my experience, rural areas tend to finish quite quickly.  Sometimes, even before Christmas, while the larger schools in the city tend to go up until almost the end of December.  Some schools are going up until the 29th or 30th.  Camps often start the first Monday in January after that. 

Not saying it happens now, but a few years ago, when I was in the countryside, some of my farther away schools finished around the 18th or 20th or something like that, while my larger town schools finished right after Christmas, maybe 28th or 27th.  Multiple schools and belonging to the Education Office and not the schools themselves, the good old days.  It meant that if I was assigned a school on Thursday and Friday and it finished early, then I had no school those days until the camps began.   I had 2 or 3 weeks of long weekends and then maybe the last week of December no school.  Then the ed office sent me and a couple of others around to every middle and elementary school in the entire county and kept us busy until official vacation days.  We did get to go home at 12:30 during that time.  We never got any lazy desk waming, but we did get some slackness over the semesters. 

Sadly, when I moved, I now belong to the school and they are my boss.  So, my main school will usually, in most years find out if a school is finished and make me go in and desk warm at their school.  :(  On the plus side, I'm not doing weeks of camps at every school where ever and busing it all over the county to get there.  I just do a camp for my main school and sit at a desk watching movies or doing some light planning.  I still call the education office when I have a question about payment or something on the contract though.   

• draco888
  • Super Waygook

• August 11, 2013, 09:11:35 pm
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2015, 08:09:35 am »
my rural middle school finished 24th Dec

• englishrose
  • Expert Waygook

• June 24, 2013, 07:27:22 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2015, 08:44:54 am »
why do these racist people come to my country in the first place??? Please don't come back.

Ooh! Missed this little gem.

Well nukehand, you have a point. Why do us terrible racists stay in this land that we obviously hate? It's certainly not the food. Let's face it, it's not because of the kind welcome we get from the locals either. However, I'm a maverick so I am going to break the secret code of silence of White Guys and tell you the truth.

It's the trim.

As an ugly lardy white man I am able to get some quality p***y anytime I want and I owe it all to Korean men. They have only two settings. Gay best friend that might be for the turn and horking violent retrograde alcoholic manchild. If you place yourself anywhere in the middle you can get some proper fit women. Hell, I have the local wives drooling over me simply because I can rustle up a pasta dish. I'm the Robin Askwith of my village.

The best part is not the sex itself. It's knowing that you ruined them for Korean men. Sure it hurts them at first but they feel such a sense of achievement once it's done plus the look of amazement when you keep going after 4 thrusts is worth a King's ransom. They still don't believe me when i tell them no dogs were tortured to death for my performance. Oh well, baby steps.

So there you have it nukehand. You now know secret 389 of the How To Rule The World handbook they give us white guys on our 13th birthday.

As for you other chaps, I know you are upset with me but 'll make it up at our next meeting. I'll bring curried chicken salad. By the by, I've forgotten this week's agenda. Is it how to keep black people away from winter sports (our last bastion) or are we inventing some new body flaw for women to hate themselves about?

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2015, 09:09:13 am »
I work at a small school.  45 students max.  I'm going to be deskwarming till Jan. 6th. I have Winter camp for 16days starting Jan.6~16.  Vacation days off start Feb. 8~Mar. 1,  yeah I kind of have a raw deal compared to my last public school and most public schools.

That's a raw deal? That sounds awesome!

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• October 15, 2013, 07:32:43 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2015, 09:24:24 am »
I work at a small school.  45 students max.  I'm going to be deskwarming till Jan. 6th. I have Winter camp for 16days starting Jan.6~16.  Vacation days off start Feb. 8~Mar. 1,  yeah I kind of have a raw deal compared to my last public school and most public schools.

Well it's a little bit more hustle.  At my last school my last week of classes was the week before Christmas.  I only had 9 days of winter camp and I was given 3 weeks off in January for my vacation time.  But hey, I will defiantly take my "raw deal" over working at a hellwon any day! 

• draco888
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2015, 09:29:30 am »

Well it's a little bit more hustle.  At my last school my last week of classes was the week before Christmas.  I only had 9 days of winter camp and I was given 3 weeks off in January for my vacation time.  But hey, I will defiantly take my "raw deal" over working at a hellwon any day!
Thats pretty much exactly what I have.

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2015, 09:47:40 am »
Hat's off to you! I too am waiting to leave. I am shooting to be teaching in Europe next. I've been all around Asia and Europe, and the EU is more free-flowing. Korea is just a bit too stiff for me. Oh well, at least I realized this. I will stick it out to the end and move on.

Enjoy some "exit" travel as you leave here and head to your next destination.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2015, 09:57:36 am »
why do these racist people come to my country in the first place??? Please don't come back.

Well nukehand, you have a point. Why do us terrible racists stay in this land that we obviously hate? It's certainly not the food. Let's face it, it's not because of the kind welcome we get from the locals either. However, I'm a maverick so I am going to break the secret code of silence of White Guys and tell you the truth.

It's the trim.

As an ugly lardy white man I am able to get some quality p***y anytime I want and I owe it all to Korean men. They have only two settings. Gay best friend that might be for the turn and horking violent retrograde alcoholic manchild. If you place yourself anywhere in the middle you can get some proper fit women. Hell, I have the local wives drooling over me simply because I can rustle up a pasta dish. I'm the Robin Askwith of my village.

The best part is not the sex itself. It's knowing that you ruined them for Korean men. Sure it hurts them at first but they feel such a sense of achievement once it's done plus the look of amazement when you keep going after 4 thrusts is worth a King's ransom. They still don't believe me when i tell them no dogs were tortured to death for my performance. Oh well, baby steps.

So there you have it nukehand. You now know secret 389 of the How To Rule The World handbook they give us white guys on our 13th birthday.

As for you other chaps, I know you are upset with me but 'll make it up at our next meeting. I'll bring curried chicken salad. By the by, I've forgotten this week's agenda. Is it how to keep black people away from winter sports (our last bastion) or are we inventing some new body flaw for women to hate themselves about?

I'm going to take all of your comments and make some kind of book out of it. And then whenever a Waeg signs out in Incheon for their pension, they'll get a free copy of it as well.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• englishrose
  • Expert Waygook

• June 24, 2013, 07:27:22 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2015, 10:18:21 am »

It's the trim.

I'm going to take all of your comments and make some kind of book out of it. And then whenever a Waeg signs out in Incheon for their pension, they'll get a free copy of it as well.

Thank you sir but don't you dare. As per the resolutions thread I am actually working on a book.

Also your timing is off. We need some sort of way of getting it to people not when they leave the country or enter it but when the honeymoon phase wears off. It's a great time and we don't want to ruin it but when it's over and the newb gets his or her first angry reaction to some Korean nonsense then they need something to remind them they are not alone and they can still have fun.  Poking sticks at people like nukehand for example.

As for the OP: Godspeed to you. Welcome to the overlander club.

« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2015, 01:44:35 pm »

Bet they didn't let you stay home for a week or so did they?  No problem, I'm here today too.  The good old days are gone.  Just found out from the supervisor, this morning, the ed office will book our camps next summer and send us to all schools in the city to keep us busy during the full vacation time that we are ot using our actual booked days.  Kind of sucky, but at least I drive.   

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2015, 01:50:29 pm »

It's the trim.

Litterally: Confessions of an English teacher!!!

• draco888
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2015, 01:55:36 pm »

Bet they didn't let you stay home for a week or so did they?  No problem, I'm here today too.  The good old days are gone.  Just found out from the supervisor, this morning, the ed office will book our camps next summer and send us to all schools in the city to keep us busy during the full vacation time that we are ot using our actual booked days.  Kind of sucky, but at least I drive.
no, 'working from home' was not offered. Unlike the other teachers who find lots of ways to undertake 'professional development' whilst at home.

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• South Korea
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2015, 02:07:59 pm »

no, 'working from home' was not offered. Unlike the other teachers who find lots of ways to undertake 'professional development' whilst at home.

I laughed too hard at that LOL Let me analyze this movie on OCN and pizza while I'm at home.  It's to develop core material for the students LOL

• draco888
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2015, 02:14:09 pm »

I laughed too hard at that LOL Let me analyze this movie on OCN and pizza while I'm at home.  It's to develop core material for the students LOL
Actually - and this is a true story, the English teacher from my travel school and 3 other teachers went around Europe (Spain, France, Italy etc) during last winter vacation doing their 'professional development'.

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2015, 02:16:13 pm »

This was before your time here but back in 2009, "The Core" was practically the only movie shown on OCN.  :P

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• South Korea
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2015, 02:22:20 pm »
Or Iron Man? LOL If only Robert Downy Jr. really knew why Koreans love him so much.  I remember he made a meme about it.  It's because they play Iron Man on LOOP here in this country.  Sadly, now OCN seem to be play Frozen on loop now  >:(

« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2015, 03:50:48 pm »
I'm so conflicted about whether I want to go home already or if I want to stay here longer. :blank: I'll most likely be signing that contract come February, but I think I'll make it my last year. And then on my last day, I'm sure I'll have this same reaction :laugh:

• gagevt
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• August 24, 2013, 01:55:38 pm
    • Gyeongbuk
    more
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2016, 05:09:48 pm »
Already warned and removed the user's post. This topic was dead before.. No need to continue it now like this.

Locked.

Also next time please just report the post instead of adding fuel to the fire. Thanks.
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."