Read 3242 times

• fl2sk
  • Adventurer

• May 02, 2013, 09:17:35 am
    • Gangwon-do
Hagwon without any online presence
« on: July 29, 2015, 10:59:14 am »
Hello there! I am interviewing with a hagwon in Seoul called Wyatt Prep (Wyatt Preparatory Institute) and I cannot find any information about it online - good or bad. Just nothing.

Do you think this is necessarily a good or bad sign as to the company's reputation?

Any info is appreciated :)

• kiwistyle25
  • Explorer

• November 16, 2014, 04:43:43 pm
    • incheon, korea
Re: Hagwon without any online presence
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 02:44:56 pm »
Hi!

My school was like that. Only recently have they developed one. I teach at a kindergarten.
They have a korean education and english education division.
It's all in korean so no use to me but the school does have a somewhat sound reputation among parents.
I think that's what matters the most for them.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 08:55:33 am by kiwistyle25 »

• damocha
  • Adventurer

• July 31, 2015, 11:50:00 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 12:05:24 am »
I would feel out the interview process and take a good look at the contract. I had an interview like that where the school didn't have a website. I had some Korean friends look into it and they only found out the location. The interview consisted of the president's daughter telling me about the school and her experiences in the US. She didn't ask me a single question. Less than 5 minutes after the "interview," one of my recruiters called and said that I was hired and asked if I accepted the job. When I looked at the contract, it was devoid of detail and looked like a generic contract that someone whipped up on a Word document.

So my advice is, if your experience is anything like that one, don't accept the offer. But if you feel the interview is legit, the contract is detailed, and you trust the recruiter your working with, then by all means.

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 09:08:22 am »
I wouldn't read anything into the lack of on-line information.

Unless you know someone that works there or has worked there previously, sometimes you just have to give these places a go and see how they work out.

Is there anything you can gauge from the place's physical appearance?  Do the customers look happy?
"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."  Steve Jobs

• davidsx
  • Explorer

• October 12, 2019, 04:39:50 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 09:55:55 pm »
I worked at Wyatt for a year, and the place was pretty bad.