Read 1272 times

Is there anything I can bring?
« on: June 29, 2015, 08:55:19 pm »
Hi! We're traveling with a group of students to Busan and visiting two schools (from Canada).  I'm wondering if there is anything I can bring from Canada for the foreign teachers that they can't get in Korea. Just small gifts for them for having our kids in their classes for a few days.

Thanks so much!!

• solveit
  • Super Waygook

• December 09, 2014, 03:52:02 pm
    • Korea
Re: Is there anything I can bring?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 11:33:27 pm »
A Canadian I worked with brought maple sugar candy (it was shaped like little maple leaves) and Canadian flag pin badges. He gave them out as prizes throughout the year and they were really popular with the kids.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 08:42:55 am »
Maple anything. Small jars of maple syrup is great. If you want to step it up a level, Ice wine is perfect (They never had it before and usually like alcohol). Maple sugar candy is goodfor kids too
Open your mind.

• orangeman
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 01, 2011, 09:56:35 am
    • Seoul-East Side
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 09:13:41 am »
I'll tell you, those maple cookies are a HUGE hit here.  Even the ones you get in the dollar store.  My co-workers love it.  I usually put a sticker over the $2.00 price tag, haha.  But yeah, I've had the same drooling reaction to the $2 pack as I do to the $10 pack I get at the airport. 

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 10:06:45 am »
Nanaimo bars! I had to go to a potluck a few weeks back. Everyone had to bring a food that best represented their home country/ region.  Since Iím from Vancouver Island, I thought that Nanaimo bars were the perfect choice. I spent hours searching foreign food stores and bakeries in Seoul for Nanaimo bars, but had no luck. Of course, it would be difficult to transport Nanaimo bars, so maybe itís not the best option.

• AndyKanerva
  • Super Waygook

• February 23, 2014, 08:43:23 am
    • Gangwon-DO
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 10:45:12 am »
Maple anything. Small jars of maple syrup is great. If you want to step it up a level, Ice wine is perfect (They never had it before and usually like alcohol). Maple sugar candy is goodfor kids too
I gave ice wine to my GFs family and they were just so shocked! I also bought some in Chungju and gave it some friends of mine and everyone loved it. Since I'm from very near Ontario wine country I'm always happy to share it.

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• October 15, 2013, 07:32:43 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 11:59:38 am »
I believe in the COEX mall you can find a candy store that sells a wide variety from around the world.  They have Japan, India, Bangladesh, etc.  Even varieties of brands from Canada.  You should check it out!