Read 2519670 times

• Orkblut
  • Super Waygook

• April 18, 2012, 01:54:50 am
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #10860 on: January 25, 2023, 01:24:21 pm »
"Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition in which people have an unreasonably high sense of their own importance. They need and seek too much attention and want people to admire them. People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are easily upset by the slightest criticism. Hi, Timmy!"

- Pontius Pilate, 26 ce
Blocked users: Orkblut, bassguitarbandit, DuploLegoMan, eyehatebattlestarga lactica, T666-Terminator, zebrameat29, PlayGroundPanties & HoodlessHoodiesHoga n

« Reply #10861 on: January 25, 2023, 03:23:49 pm »
Got back from the bank not all that long ago. It was busier than I'd expected, made me wish I'd gone in right when they opened instead, but wondering if that would have made difference at all because maybe that's when a lot of the older folks come in to get shit done.

What is the optimal, least busy time to visit a bank, generally speaking?

• Augustiner
  • Expert Waygook

• December 06, 2021, 01:18:06 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #10862 on: January 25, 2023, 03:29:30 pm »
Got back from the bank not all that long ago. It was busier than I'd expected, made me wish I'd gone in right when they opened instead, but wondering if that would have made difference at all because maybe that's when a lot of the older folks come in to get shit done.

Old people go anytime they think it will be busy just to have some fun inconveniencing other people.  I'm convinced that's why they travel on the subway at rush hour.  They could wait.  I usually try and go in when they've been open for about an hour. I guess that's around ten here?  I find it pretty quiet before anyone can have a lunch hour, but after anyone who needed to get sh*t done before work has gone.

« Reply #10863 on: January 25, 2023, 03:31:43 pm »

In my experience, if it's a bank in or near a residential area, it's pretty much guaranteed to be filled with old codgers from opening time until it closes.

If it's a bank in the center of Seoul or in a commercial area like Gangnam, lunch time to 1PM is generally relatively quiet, although there's (even) fewer staff available so you're still in for a bit of a wait. Morning is probably better but if you're working that's out of the question.

So, you know, swings and roundabouts.

« Reply #10864 on: January 25, 2023, 03:57:00 pm »
Old people go anytime they think it will be busy just to have some fun inconveniencing other people.  I'm convinced that's why they travel on the subway at rush hour.  They could wait.
This is like when Van complained that other people were using the elevator during COVID. "Why are they using the elevator when I am? They don't need to use the elevator!"  :laugh:

You know, they might be doing some of those old codger jobs and getting off at the same time.....

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #10865 on: January 26, 2023, 02:46:43 am »
Well one could have enough money in their bank account to be considered a VIP and skip the line or work at a university and go to the campus bank and skip the line.

Used to live by the Seoul subway station with the oldest user base. If you happened to get there when a train had just arrived, it was madness. But if you were a Boy Scout and wanted to do your good deed for the day, you'd have plenty of old women trying to get their shopping carts up or down the stairs to lend a hand to.

• Billy Herrington
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 30, 2022, 12:02:07 am
    • China
    more
« Reply #10866 on: January 26, 2023, 11:12:05 am »
In Shanghai, old people don't get discounted fares on the subway during rush hour. I don't think the bus is discounted as it's only 2 per ride to begin with.
Blocked: Billy Herrington, Van Darkholme, The Cat's Meow, Sock Puppet

• chimp
  • Super Waygook

• April 19, 2015, 05:16:31 am
    • Zoo
« Reply #10867 on: January 26, 2023, 11:17:39 pm »

I dunno.

Your posts automatically qualify for Bore Watch.
oo oo ahh ahh

« Reply #10868 on: January 27, 2023, 08:21:18 am »
I dunno.

You could always go back to the kids table.  :undecided:

• Billy Herrington
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• China
    more
« Reply #10869 on: January 27, 2023, 09:28:10 am »
I dunno.

Yeah well ur quotes automatically qualify for WHORE watch amirite? :laugh:

« Reply #10870 on: January 27, 2023, 06:04:31 pm »
My wif went to buy me a bacon Whopper for lunch. I asked her to also grab me a strawberry sundae.
She came back with chocolate. The owner said that they are no longer selling strawberry...it's off the menu  :huh:
Don't know if it's just the local shop or everywhere. Not a big deal, just surprised.

• Billy Herrington
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• China
    more
« Reply #10871 on: January 27, 2023, 07:39:51 pm »
Maybe the price of strawberry went up to the point that most people wouldn't want to pay it.

Anyone want to try to translate this sign into English?

• ToilingAjumma
  • Expert Waygook

• September 06, 2022, 09:12:01 pm
    • Anyang
    more
« Reply #10872 on: January 27, 2023, 11:30:49 pm »
Some random pics from my parents adventures

They are having a BLAST!!!!! My dad said years ago, "Never really been interested in Asia." And that's fine. But they realised I'm here for the long term and came and they love it.

In the same way that I don't give a shit about going to Argentina, but if I knew someone who lived there for 10 years, they would show me a great time. You know?

https://imgur.com/a/zYrSfVD
World Famous Youtuber and Beer Expert. Friends with people in high places. If you need help, just ask me. I probably know someone very influential who can help.
Humble as hell and a hurricane in the sheets.
- Kevin C Grabb

• ToilingAjumma
  • Expert Waygook

• September 06, 2022, 09:12:01 pm
    • Anyang
    more
« Reply #10873 on: January 27, 2023, 11:32:22 pm »
World Famous Youtuber and Beer Expert. Friends with people in high places. If you need help, just ask me. I probably know someone very influential who can help.
Humble as hell and a hurricane in the sheets.
- Kevin C Grabb

• Orkblut
  • Super Waygook

• April 18, 2012, 01:54:50 am
« Reply #10874 on: January 28, 2023, 05:59:18 am »
Some random pics from my parents adventures

They are having a BLAST!!!!! My dad said years ago, "Never really been interested in Asia." And that's fine. But they realised I'm here for the long term and came and they love it.

In the same way that I don't give a shit about going to Argentina, but if I knew someone who lived there for 10 years, they would show me a great time. You know?

https://imgur.com/a/zYrSfVD

Ah, that's awesome. My dad visited me in China a decade or so ago when I made an offhand remark about him always visiting my sister in Amsterdam. He really liked it as well. I really liked it too because I took him to all these expensive restaurants and he paid for all the booze and what-not (he's Swiss so has gold pouring out his ass anyhow).
Blocked users: Orkblut, bassguitarbandit, DuploLegoMan, eyehatebattlestarga lactica, T666-Terminator, zebrameat29, PlayGroundPanties & HoodlessHoodiesHoga n

• VanIslander
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • South Gyeongsang province for 13 years (with a 7-year Jeju interlude)
    more
« Reply #10875 on: January 28, 2023, 09:58:17 pm »
This is like when Van complained that other people were using the elevator during COVID. "Why are they using the elevator when I am? They don't need to use the elevator!"  :laugh:
JonVoightCar... I never said they dont need to use the elevator. During a pandemic, when all authorities recommended social distance, take the next elevator, k.
Help others, especially animals. Say what you think, being considerate of others. Appreciate more than deprecate. Teach well and jump on teachable moments. Enjoy Korea as it is, without changing it. Yet, at times, change your life for the better. "The most important [thing] is to have a good day."

« Reply #10876 on: January 28, 2023, 10:22:06 pm »
Where ya been Van? Been a few days or more? Seriously though, glad it wasn't a break-down.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 10:33:58 pm by Jethro Bodine »

• VanIslander
  • Fanatical Supporter!

more
« Reply #10877 on: January 28, 2023, 10:37:34 pm »
Where ya been Van? Been a few days or more?
I most often post on Friday nights (ramblings!!) through Sunday, the weekend, usually after out and about. I just got back from a suspension bridge excursion with my Korean bud, well, that was this afternoon, then dinner.

I do not usually post much Monday through Thursday, as that's the workweek and i haven't deskwarming duties (aint public school). I prep and teach, shop and clean, play with my cats and read books during week days.

The only thing unusual about my posting habits this week is the lack of the late night Friday posts. And that's because my boss is moving to America and selling his biz, so i told my friend i'd pass on getting together, instead going to bed early as if it were a work night.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 10:41:32 pm by VanIslander »
Help others, especially animals. Say what you think, being considerate of others. Appreciate more than deprecate. Teach well and jump on teachable moments. Enjoy Korea as it is, without changing it. Yet, at times, change your life for the better. "The most important [thing] is to have a good day."

« Reply #10878 on: January 28, 2023, 10:41:07 pm »
This week was not a work week!
So , you are loosing one of your jobs?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 10:44:18 pm by Jethro Bodine »

• VanIslander
  • Fanatical Supporter!

more
« Reply #10879 on: January 28, 2023, 10:43:53 pm »
This week was not a work week!
I posted on holiday Monday, cleaned my apartment on Tuesday and prepped for work  as i had tons of classes Wed thru Friday. I taught from 3pm to 9:30pm.... wait, why am i explaining this... no need.. g'night

https://youtu.be/zvtE_9h6514
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 10:46:58 pm by VanIslander »