Read 1829193 times

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #9700 on: September 14, 2021, 09:29:37 am »
For a tank that size, and assuming it's cycled and relatively stable, you're looking at doing, at the very least, a 25% water change a week. Drinking aquarium water can be pretty risky too, ich is quite a common parasite the affects fish and is always present in the water, fish that are healthy are strong enough to resist it.

An aquarium is way more of a drain on fresh water than a source of it.
Ich doesn't transfer to humans, fortunately. Just a bit of added flavour for the water!

Yeah, I do 1 or 2 10% changes every week, so that's a fair bit of water. It's pretty loaded with plants, and is pretty stable, which makes things easier. Haven't seen any signs of ich for years, thankfully!

The (very tongue in cheek!) idea is that if the zombie apocalypse happens without any kind of notice, we'll have a handy reservoir to tap.
Obviously there are better ways to get water (ie, we live next to a river, an actual reservoir, and within minutes of 2 or 3 small streams). But that would require leaving our comfy apartment and wading through the shambling hordes.

If our water was turned off, we would probably get bottled water from the store nearby, and shower etc at a friends' place. Like a regular sane human being.  :smiley:

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #9701 on: September 14, 2021, 01:04:05 pm »
good news, the water was back by the time I got home for lunch. The pressure is much stronger now too. :o
I guess I can dial my vengeance back to non-lethal now. D: :P

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #9702 on: September 14, 2021, 01:12:23 pm »
good news, the water was back by the time I got home for lunch. The pressure is much stronger now too. :o

That's disappointing.  I was hoping to see a photo of a foreigner all lathered up in a local stream gracing one of the venerable English dailies. 

« Reply #9703 on: September 14, 2021, 01:28:02 pm »
Well, good for you.  If it's any consolation I don't think poutine ever looks good.  It looks pretty gross, but just tastes great.  Now, you should continue your foray into Canadian haute cuisine by making a Swiss Chalet chicken dinner.  It's the sauce that makes it.  I have a couple of packets still in my cupboard that a friend sent over, and my brother always brings my dad a few when he goes to visit him in Florida.  Delicious dipping sauce and a Costco rotisserie chicken will do just fine.

Is ketchup the defacto ingredient for all Canadian sauces?

I'll probably try this out this weekend, it looks good.

Glad to hear that you can now take hot showers again to drown out those E2 murder demons.  :angel:

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• NZ
« Reply #9704 on: September 14, 2021, 01:43:57 pm »
That's disappointing.  I was hoping to see a photo of a foreigner all lathered up in a local stream gracing one of the venerable English dailies.

I can always go and do that just for you.  :P :-*

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• NZ
« Reply #9705 on: September 14, 2021, 01:46:08 pm »

I'll probably try this out this weekend, it looks good.

Glad to hear that you can now take hot showers again to drown out those E2 murder demons.  :angel:

Cheers! I know I'll be having a nice long relaxing shower tonight. :D
But showers are a good place to get great ideas that you forget about the moment the shower ends. Maybe I'll end up feeding said demons but forgetting about it moments after. :p

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
« Reply #9706 on: September 14, 2021, 10:39:15 pm »

Hell no! Not for Canadians who can cook, or have more than 25% French heritage!

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #9707 on: September 14, 2021, 10:51:53 pm »
I am from B.C., the West Coast, not French much at all, and not ketchup crazy...

EXCEPT ....

We love ketchup chips. STHU until you try them. H=heck.

The defacto sauce for Canadians in B.C. is... based on restaurants... Tobasco sauce or HP sauce - American staples. Though, ranch and honey mustard dressing is always at hand. THOUSAND ISLAND dressing (an invention in Canada) and HUNT's tomato paste/sauce (for home recipes) are staples at home.

NOTE: No poutine in Kamloops 1979-1990 but fries with beef gravy galore!! (This B.C.er who went to uni in BC, Alberta & Southern Ontario didn't see cheese on french fries until in grad school in Montreal at age 25.)

RELISH: on hotdogs and hamburgers back home OFTEN. Koreans have no clue what relish is. In my nearly two decades here i have never seen relish for sale where i live (i have seen it in big cities: Busan, Seoul, Daegu).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 01:25:46 am by VanIslander »

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #9708 on: September 15, 2021, 07:43:38 am »
RIP Norm MacDonald.  One of the all time greats and a definite influence on my comedy style.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #9709 on: September 15, 2021, 07:51:04 am »
I am from B.C., the West Coast, not French much at all, and not ketchup crazy...

EXCEPT ....

We love ketchup chips. STHU until you try them. H=heck.

The defacto sauce for Canadians in B.C. is... based on restaurants... Tobasco sauce or HP sauce - American staples. Though, ranch and honey mustard dressing is always at hand. THOUSAND ISLAND dressing (an invention in Canada) and HUNT's tomato paste/sauce (for home recipes) are staples at home.

NOTE: No poutine in Kamloops 1979-1990 but fries with beef gravy galore!! (This B.C.er who went to uni in BC, Alberta & Southern Ontario didn't see cheese on french fries until in grad school in Montreal at age 25.)

RELISH: on hotdogs and hamburgers back home OFTEN. Koreans have no clue what relish is. In my nearly two decades here i have never seen relish for sale where i live (i have seen it in big cities: Busan, Seoul, Daegu).

Relish except for Costco hotdogs.  I relish the thought.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #9710 on: September 15, 2021, 07:53:13 am »
Wednesday rambling.  I'm getting sick of the heat and especially more so at night.  All schools except for one on Tuesdays, use air con though.  So, that's great.  I'd say a week and half traditionally, but recent years has stayed hotter even into October with humidity.  Humidity less severe this year it seems.  But, I want it to hurry up and cool down.  Hopefully, within two weeks, this year?

« Reply #9711 on: September 15, 2021, 01:59:14 pm »
RIP Norm MacDonald.  One of the all time greats and a definite influence on my comedy style.

I came across him by accident a couple of months ago. I watched half a dozen or so of the shows that he appeared on. He was very funny, and I loved the way way he told a story.

« Reply #9712 on: September 16, 2021, 09:31:50 am »
I only really know him as a voice actor. Watching his old stuff, I love the way he'd still manage to bait people even when they knew he was up to no good, lol.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 09:33:27 am by Chinguetti »

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• NZ
« Reply #9713 on: September 16, 2021, 10:28:11 am »
A funny I'd thought I'd share with you guys.
The VAs for Claire and Leon from the RE2 remake (game) were doing their final ever, dual live stream poster signings on the weekend. So I decided to order a poster and get them to sign it.
You can also give them a request on what to write. My request was: Take one of your favourite voice lines from your character and change 1 word into 'pelican'.
They both thought my request was very hilarious and really enjoyed coming up with a funny line that involved 'pelican'.
Leon's actually gave me a message about how much he loved my request too. :D
Let the new funny collection, begin!! :D

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #9714 on: September 16, 2021, 10:49:53 am »
RE 4: Help Me Leon

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• NZ
« Reply #9715 on: September 16, 2021, 12:11:58 pm »
RE 4: Help Me Leon

I know RE4 is widely considered to be one of the best in the series, but I don't like it very much personally haha.

« Reply #9716 on: September 16, 2021, 12:16:31 pm »
I made a big Boston Bun with creamy coconut icing (frosting) yesterday. Haven't eaten one in over 30 years. Cravings are strange. Being piggish, I ate half last night. My wife took a bite and sort of curled her lips a little  :huh: :sad:

« Reply #9717 on: September 16, 2021, 12:27:33 pm »
I know RE4 is widely considered to be one of the best in the series, but I don't like it very much personally haha.

RE2 Remake is probably my favourite. RE4 was great, but I liked 5 better. 5 was pretty divisive, but I loved the AI co-op element.
I'm really not interested in the crappy, horny soy boy fanservice that is RE8.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #9718 on: September 16, 2021, 12:40:18 pm »
more gg more skill

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #9719 on: September 16, 2021, 12:45:20 pm »