Read 1642106 times

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #9340 on: April 27, 2021, 12:56:01 pm »
It’s the first time to see a fully packed stadium in a long time. It’s interesting! No masks, no social distancing. It’s a sight to see.

« Reply #9341 on: April 27, 2021, 01:04:01 pm »
Who watches these? He's not even showing the fight, just has his camera pointed at himself waiting for something to happen. Bizarre.
Usually rival fans who are watching when they lose and hoping for a meltdown.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #9342 on: April 27, 2021, 01:10:18 pm »
I love the fact that the BTS meal is a ten nugget set. Like............... .. couldn't even make a new item for it. The new thing in the US is the dipping sauce for the nuggets; sweet chili and cajun flavours. These flavours weren't previously available there but they're so damn common. Why not do a KOREAN flavour for the American market?
Do you have to say anything special when you order it? Like when they were doing the Travis Scott burger you were supposed to say "Cactus Jack sent me" or some shit

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #9343 on: April 30, 2021, 06:09:55 am »
Vaccine Skepticism Was Viewed as a Knowledge Problem. It's Actually About Gut Beliefs.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/vaccine-skepticism-viewed-knowledge-problem-185747045.html

”24% say they will never take it.”
___________________ ________________

How do we change the minds of anti-vaxxers?

(There are some in this site.)

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #9344 on: April 30, 2021, 06:51:46 am »
Trepanning.

« Reply #9345 on: May 01, 2021, 04:12:47 pm »
Well, my youngest daughter went back to Jeju last Tuesday. She's been camping out here for the last 6 months while doing a course. My granddaughter is not staying this weekend, and my wife is having a girls night out at a friends place. I've just finished baking a big crispy boule and some rolls, and have cracked my first beer. There are 7 more in the fridge plus a bottle of soju...not that I'll get through it all  :wink:. I have some new jazz to listen to, and 2 games of rugby league to watch. Sometimes it's really nice to have a night to yourself.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #9346 on: May 01, 2021, 07:46:54 pm »
Koreans Spend 2 Hours a Day Searching for COVID-19 Info, Survey Says
http://english.chosun.com/m/svc/article.html?contid=2020040901874

Jung Sun-jae of the research team said, "If you get too obsessed with searching for information on COVID-19, it can lead to excessive anxiety and undermine mental health in the long term.

« Reply #9347 on: May 01, 2021, 09:25:06 pm »
 LI is having a fun Saturday night. Nice to know that seriousness continues through the weekend.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 09:27:48 pm by Kurt Sorensen »

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #9348 on: May 01, 2021, 11:32:52 pm »
Jung Sun-jae of the research team said, "If you get too obsessed with searching for information on COVID-19, it can lead to excessive anxiety and undermine mental health in the long term.
Do not search for information and live in blissful ignorance.

Remember, 9/11 wasn't an inside job, JFK was killed by a lone gunman and German, Russian and American false flag operations are historically-documented facts one can ignore in a post-truth world.

And buy toothpaste with fluoride.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #9349 on: May 03, 2021, 08:39:24 am »
yeah jet fuel can't melt steel memes, right?
more gg more skill

« Reply #9350 on: May 03, 2021, 08:55:39 am »
It's sports day and the kids are being led through their warmup by some dude on a mic. Everyone's hoping on the spot, doing jumping jacks etc. not the VP. For her, the warmup has evolved into a pole dancing/stripper routine. She's definitely not an unattractive lady, but RAMADAN! (Lower your gaze, Aristocrat!)

Aside from that, it's a lovely day and it's nice to see everyone having fun.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #9351 on: May 03, 2021, 05:57:07 pm »
Is TEFL a long term viable career?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5ACglVJV_8

« Reply #9352 on: May 06, 2021, 09:28:13 pm »
Why is Thursday not Friday? )

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #9353 on: May 10, 2021, 07:35:10 am »
Why is Thursday not Friday? )
It actually is (in Korea), if you're living in North America.  :smiley:

Also, our calendar lost a few months here and there in the 1500s when we switched over from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar. For all we know, it might *really* be Friday on the days we call Thursday.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #9354 on: May 10, 2021, 09:01:42 am »
This makes me sad:
___________________ _

Amid growing anti-China sentiment in South Korea, people are calling for the withdrawal of the construction of a tourist-focused Chinatown in Gangwon province.

As of Monday, more than 410,000 people signed up to a petition against the construction of the tourist site on the website of presidential Blue House.

http://m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20210405000769

The writer of the post said, “Why do we need to make a small China in Korea? The public do not understand why we should provide China’s cultural experience on our land, and we firmly oppose it.”

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #9355 on: May 10, 2021, 09:52:50 am »
This makes me sad:
___________________ _

Amid growing anti-China sentiment in South Korea, people are calling for the withdrawal of the construction of a tourist-focused Chinatown in Gangwon province.

As of Monday, more than 410,000 people signed up to a petition against the construction of the tourist site on the website of presidential Blue House.

http://m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20210405000769

The writer of the post said, “Why do we need to make a small China in Korea? The public do not understand why we should provide China’s cultural experience on our land, and we firmly oppose it.”

About a week ago, a Korean streamer just said Taiwan and Hong Kong on stream, in a non-political way, he is also a pro overwatch player. The 3 Chinese teams in the pro-overwatch circuit decided to boycott playing against him or the team he was in until he issued an apology and agreed to accept the 1 china policy.
He didn't do anything political at that point, but after the Chinese teams all made that announcement he got dragged into the politics of it, stated he didn't say anything offensive towards China, but eventually caved and said he doesn't agree with the 1 China policy. But eventually, his team managers and stuff, made him apologize and accept it cause of the boycott was causing issues for everyone.

While China does stuff like that, they'll never really get my sympathy about losing cultural areas in other countries. It was the same last year, a politician said, because of how well the people in Taiwan have handled covid, they deserved a seat in the world health org. (WHO), and China threatened to boycott everything NZ over it. They overreact to everything, and make threats, so I can understand why Korea doesn't really care to have their culture area here. :o

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #9356 on: May 10, 2021, 09:59:24 am »
About a week ago, a Korean streamer just said Taiwan and Hong Kong on stream, in a non-political way, he is also a pro overwatch player. The 3 Chinese teams in the pro-overwatch circuit decided to boycott playing against him or the team he was in until he issued an apology and agreed to accept the 1 china policy.
He didn't do anything political at that point, but after the Chinese teams all made that announcement he got dragged into the politics of it, stated he didn't say anything offensive towards China, but eventually caved and said he doesn't agree with the 1 China policy. But eventually, his team managers and stuff, made him apologize and accept it cause of the boycott was causing issues for everyone.

While China does stuff like that, they'll never really get my sympathy about losing cultural areas in other countries. It was the same last year, a politician said, because of how well the people in Taiwan have handled covid, they deserved a seat in the world health org. (WHO), and China threatened to boycott everything NZ over it. They overreact to everything, and make threats, so I can understand why Korea doesn't really care to have their culture area here. :o

Right? It's like other NFL teams refusing to play Kapernick's team.

Just do your fuc**ng job. All I hear is ultra-nationalist bullshit coming out of China and it's supported by this hemophiliac support system of "He some something I don't like and now I will cry."

Some strength, it's a farce. Can you imagine UK gamers or US ones acted like this?

"I will not play Overwatch with User433282 until they apologise for saying that the Vietnam War was useless and killed many people."

"I am banning BrittoLOLleague until they take back what they said about Britain colonising India until the late 40s. This made me extremely upset."

China is not some oppressed state that need their feelings assuaged. They ARE the oppressive state.

You know what would REALLY show those One State deniers? Kicking their ass at E-Sports, not crying to your mother.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 10:01:21 am by CO2 »
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #9357 on: May 10, 2021, 10:07:15 am »
Right? It's like other NFL teams refusing to play Kapernick's team.

Just do your fuc**ng job. All I hear is ultra-nationalist bullshit coming out of China and it's supported by this hemophiliac support system of "He some something I don't like and now I will cry."

Some strength, it's a farce. Can you imagine UK gamers or US ones acted like this?

"I will not play Overwatch with User433282 until they apologise for saying that the Vietnam War was useless and killed many people."

"I am banning BrittoLOLleague until they take back what they said about Britain colonising India until the late 40s. This made me extremely upset."

China is not some oppressed state that need their feelings assuaged. They ARE the oppressive state.

You know what would REALLY show those One State deniers? Kicking their ass at E-Sports, not crying to your mother.

Yeah, and on top of that it's all about the money from a business perspective. Businesses can make a lot of money in the Chinese market, which is why they are all bending over backwards to appeal to them.
Movies have gone downhill, cause big movie companies make/censor them around what will do well in China.

Using your NFL example, I'm not a sports guy so correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming if a team decided to boycott other teams over a non-issue, they'd likely get dropped from the season/league for refusal to play, or likely be told they forfeit the match by refusing to play.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #9358 on: May 10, 2021, 10:15:31 am »
Blizzard has a history of rolling over for China. I'd be interested to see how Riot would handle it if something similar happened with League. Although frankly I doubt the Chinese teams would be willing to boycott in the first place if that were the case.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #9359 on: May 10, 2021, 10:31:12 am »
i mean riot is owned by tencent, so....
more gg more skill