Read 1086374 times

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #6920 on: November 06, 2019, 07:57:41 am »
My school consists of three buildings.  Today, I got into school at 7:15am, and as I got out of the car the fire alarm was ringing in the building with the library in it.  It's really quite loud.  So I think 'hmmm, what should I do?  So I walk around to see if there is a problem in that building.  Then, I go to the 'Security' nightwatchman's office and knock on his door.  He comes to the door and I tell him that the emergency bell is going off in the other building.  Thing is, that bell makes all the security lights flash all around the school.  He seems surprised that something is wrong.  I can hear this bell even near his office.  So we both traipse over to that building, he turns off the alarm and then and we go up to the fourth floor, he pulls out a chair with casters on and I hold it while he pulls off one of those things on the ceiling with the red light on, telling me that is the problem.  Job done.  Then we go on our way.  I have no idea how long that alarm would have been going on for, but I imagine it could have been some time.  I don't get the passivity of it all. 

r/madlads
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #6921 on: November 06, 2019, 08:10:54 am »
My school consists of three buildings.  Today, I got into school at 7:15am, and as I got out of the car the fire alarm was ringing in the building with the library in it.  It's really quite loud.  So I think 'hmmm, what should I do?  So I walk around to see if there is a problem in that building.  Then, I go to the 'Security' nightwatchman's office and knock on his door.  He comes to the door and I tell him that the emergency bell is going off in the other building.  Thing is, that bell makes all the security lights flash all around the school.  He seems surprised that something is wrong.  I can hear this bell even near his office.  So we both traipse over to that building, he turns off the alarm and then and we go up to the fourth floor, he pulls out a chair with casters on and I hold it while he pulls off one of those things on the ceiling with the red light on, telling me that is the problem.  Job done.  Then we go on our way.  I have no idea how long that alarm would have been going on for, but I imagine it could have been some time.  I don't get the passivity of it all. 

r/madlads

r/whatcouldgowrong

Is this you CO2?

I have had a number of job interviews recently that went poorly and did not result in securing employment.

I started to think I needed to do something during an interview to really stand out, be impressive, unique, and highly memorable. I thought it could be risky, but might work out.

I came up with the following idea: After concluding the interview, after the hand shakes, etc, when leaving the room stop, turn around, and say "There's one more thing you need to know about me."

Then pull out a bottle of hot sauce, down the entire bottle, slam it onto the ground and say "I can handle the heat." Nod confidently, leave the room.

Boom.

I imagined that they would be really impressed and wowed by such a performance.

Well it didn't pan out like I thought it would. It was only a small bottle of hot sauce, I figured it would be no big deal to actually do. I should have tested at home first, but I didn't.

I was nervous as a bitch-ass during the interview, but I was determined to follow through with the plan.

So I started exactly as described above. I was leaving, I turned around, maybe not with as much swagger as I'd imagined in my head, and I declared "There's one more thing you need to know about me."

I pulled out the hot sauce bottle, almost dropped it, and started to open the bottle. In my head it was all one quick confident motion, like an electric Indiana Jones, but instead I fumbled around and had a tough time getting it open. It felt like a nightmarish eternity but was probably only about 20 seconds. Enough time for one of the interviewers to ask me what I was doing.

I didn't answer directly. Instead, after I got the bottle open, I repeated "There's one more thing you need to know about me." (But stuttering.)

Then I guzzled down the entire bottle of hot sauce. I instantly regretted it. My mouth and throat felt like lava was swirling around inside me. I immediately started to gag and loudly cough, I was crying involuntarily. Tears hardcore streaming down my face. I was sweating like a terrible fool.

I desperately tried to scream "I can handle the heat" but just kept coughing before I could get anything out.

The interviewers were all standing up looking at me in horror and confusion.

A few seconds before I threw up all over the floor I knew it would happen, but I tried to hold it back. I couldn't.

I threw up all over the floor. It hurt as much on the way out as it did on the way in, if not more so. The vomit felt like flaming barbed wire shredding its way through my neck.

I should mention a disturbing amount of fiery mucus was also leaking out of my nose uncontrollably.

After I finished throwing up I could not bear to look at the interviewers. I hoarsely mumbled an apology and started to stumble as quickly as possible out the door.

I have never been more shamed in my life.

I didn't get the job.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/2vdwtw/tifu_by_drinking_an_entire_bottle_of_louisiana/

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6922 on: November 06, 2019, 08:48:51 am »

Is this you CO2?

No, that's not me. I would have used WAY stronger hot sauce.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6923 on: November 07, 2019, 11:55:17 am »
The largest mural in Canada has just been completed in Sudbury, ON on the exterior of St Joseph's Hospital.

https://justrealnews.ca/2019/08/28/sudbury-now-home-to-canadas-largest-mural/

The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #6924 on: November 07, 2019, 01:43:42 pm »
The largest mural in Canada has just been completed in Sudbury, ON on the exterior of St Joseph's Hospital.

I think Tekashi 6ix9ine is kind of screwing up the whole "lay low" thing.

« Reply #6925 on: November 07, 2019, 02:00:36 pm »

I think Tekashi 6ix9ine is kind of screwing up the whole "lay low" thing.

Hahaha. I did not see that coming.

« Reply #6926 on: November 08, 2019, 07:11:37 am »
I ordered a couple of things from Amazon yesterday, and I was happy to see that "non-Koreans" (as it says) can just put their name and birthday instead of a customs number. I was about to dread going through the process (even if it isn't that hard, as some have mentioned), but was happily surprised.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #6927 on: November 08, 2019, 09:06:42 am »
turn on heating
wake up warm and cozy
wife immediately opens every window in the apartment
freeze my **** off all morning
repeat all winter

« Reply #6928 on: November 08, 2019, 09:29:28 am »
turn on heating
wake up warm and cozy
repeat all winter

This is all gold dust, boss.  This is episode two of your 'British Guy in Korea' Korean tv program.  You're sat on the sofa, the wife comes in, opens the windows and there is a load of thought bubbles above your head, with popping sounds.  Then some cartoon steam comes out of your ears.  Then a big '뭐야!'.  Some canned laughter.  You go to the fridge and get some kimchi.  Back to the studio and the watching celebs, 'Does he know kimchi?'  'Maybe, it's too spicy'!' More canned laughter.  All the time you're thinking about the days when going to the pub for the afternoon and playing pool with your mates was considered a successful day. 

• Colburnnn
  • Veteran

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #6929 on: November 08, 2019, 10:20:05 am »
turn on heating
wake up warm and cozy
repeat all winter

Ummm, why didn't you close them?

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6930 on: November 08, 2019, 11:38:39 am »
Obviously he did: how else would his wife be able to open them again the next day?  :laugh:

« Reply #6931 on: November 08, 2019, 12:47:00 pm »
I kniw Mukbang is a thing now in the US, but when did it start blowing up? Like I've been watching Troyce for maybe 10 months and just started on ToshPointFro. Any other good English language mukbangers out there?

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #6932 on: November 08, 2019, 01:21:55 pm »
Obviously he did: how else would his wife be able to open them again the next day?  :laugh:
yeah colburnnn, you big dumb dumb

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6933 on: November 08, 2019, 11:04:51 pm »
Random Fact; There's a Makgeolli festival in Ilsan today (Saturday)

Jeongbalsan Stn, towards the Lake Park. Lots of free samples and a good time to be had.

If you're coming hit me up on kakao: kevingrabb
The joys of fauxtherhood

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #6934 on: November 09, 2019, 09:09:02 am »
dang i'd go to that if it wasnt in flippin ilsan

« Reply #6935 on: November 11, 2019, 09:54:36 am »
Went to Uniqlo at the weekend (hadn't been for a while) and was amazed to see they were fully stocked with both the JW Anderson and Engineered Garments collabs.  All colourways and sizes.  The collaborations usually sell out really quickly.

The Japan effect?!!  :shocked:

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #6936 on: November 11, 2019, 11:18:48 am »
Went to Uniqlo at the weekend (hadn't been for a while) and was amazed to see they were fully stocked with both the JW Anderson and Engineered Garments collabs.  All colourways and sizes.  The collaborations usually sell out really quickly.

Been disappointed with Uniqlo as of late. The quality has dropped significantly. I only go there for plain t-shirts, which I'll replace every year... Still, the price and quality is nowhere near as bad as the horribly expensive crap you'd buy in the Korean department stores.

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #6937 on: November 11, 2019, 11:27:14 am »

I also usually just go to Uniqlo for the t-shirts and long johns but they've had some good deals recently.  Got a few sweat shirts for 19,000 that are great for lazing around and two cable knit type sweaters that were on sale for 12,900.  For that price the quality is great.  Hopefully they won't disintegrate after one wash. 

« Reply #6938 on: November 11, 2019, 12:11:48 pm »
turn on heating
wake up warm and cozy
repeat all winter
Before we go all "dumb wife", there MIGHT be a good reason for this
1) Dust/Mold
2) You Stink/House Stinks/She Stinks/The Dog Stinks and fresh air is needed

« Reply #6939 on: November 11, 2019, 12:28:21 pm »
turn on heating
wake up warm and cozy
repeat all winter
Before we go all "dumb wife", there MIGHT be a good reason for this
1) Dust/Mold
2) You Stink/House Stinks/She Stinks/The Dog Stinks and fresh air is needed

:huh:

He most certainly didn't say 'dumb wife'.  You dreamt that up and said it. 

Insufferable...