Read 970749 times

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #6340 on: March 16, 2019, 03:31:10 am »
When you start a new job, you meet many people the first couple weeks.

Donít expect business cards for at least three weeks.

• SanderB
  • Super Waygook

• June 02, 2018, 06:25:54 pm
    • Gouda cheese Be Best cheese
« Reply #6341 on: March 16, 2019, 06:41:29 am »
I'm mad at myself for giving nazis a platform to express their vile ideas.
 :sad:

I read today old folks in Florida are (re)discovering pot at the age of 70... :P
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 06:48:30 am by SanderB »
Fiat voluntas tua- All that you want is allowed

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6342 on: March 16, 2019, 10:11:38 am »
I'm mad at myself for giving nazis a platform to express their vile ideas.
 :sad:
You mean by expressing an opinion of the Waygook political threads? What, did you Nazi that coming?  :laugh:

• SanderB
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #6343 on: March 16, 2019, 10:20:29 pm »
 ;D Made me smile while I was on my way teaching some Korean expats on my free Saturday.   :angel:

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #6344 on: March 18, 2019, 11:06:39 am »
I'm pretty sure if the Ajummas who clean the school were to supply all the restrooms with toilet paper, it would be 10x more useful than whatever else they do  :undecided:
The World Ends With You

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #6345 on: March 18, 2019, 12:42:09 pm »
I'm pretty sure if the Ajummas who clean the school were to supply all the restrooms with toilet paper, it would be 10x more useful than whatever else they do  :undecided:

Oh, you think having toilet paper is more useful than making sure every inch of the bathroom is dripping wet?

Ha.

Ha ha.

You poor fool.

« Reply #6346 on: March 18, 2019, 01:29:29 pm »
An old school of mine wouldn't allow tissue in the bathrooms because students kept taking them (even from the faculty bathrooms) so that they could wrap themselves up in it.

All teachers had to keep a personal roll of TP at their desks to take with them, lol.

And yes, these were middle school kids.

« Reply #6347 on: March 18, 2019, 01:30:41 pm »
Also, you know something was legit spicy when you burp and the heat on your tongue ramps from a 2 back up to 10.

• CypherSoul
  • Veteran

• May 02, 2018, 07:51:18 am
    • Daegu, South Korea
    more
« Reply #6348 on: March 18, 2019, 02:13:05 pm »
Kinda glad I never paid for a subscription here once they started that nonsense. Can you imagine paying for a site that has a 503 server error every other other time* you try to access it?

*a conservative estimate

It's been noticably much worse recently... :sad:

Will you look at that? It was happening again!
Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• Cheongju
« Reply #6349 on: March 18, 2019, 03:21:53 pm »

Oh, you think having toilet paper is more useful than making sure every inch of the bathroom is dripping wet?

Ha.

Ha ha.

You poor fool.

Asobi Asobase... Nice  :wink:

An old school of mine wouldn't allow tissue in the bathrooms because students kept taking them (even from the faculty bathrooms) so that they could wrap themselves up in it.

All teachers had to keep a personal roll of TP at their desks to take with them, lol.

And yes, these were middle school kids.

THAT part, I understand.

But even most of the "Teacher" restrooms are destitute of any TP. Usually (this has been the case both at my current and previous middle schools) only the restrooms near the Admin/VP office are stocked.
The World Ends With You

« Reply #6350 on: March 20, 2019, 10:11:11 am »
From a recent conversation I had...

Has anyone stopped listening to Michael Jackson's music out of principle?

I watched the documentary but still happily listen to his amazing music.  I remain undecided about the truth but even if we knew he was guilty, I would still listen to his music.  Does that make me a bad person?  I know that there are lots of people who, after seeing the doc, say they will never listen to him again.

What do you guys think?

« Reply #6351 on: March 20, 2019, 10:58:49 am »

I watched the documentary but still happily listen to his amazing music.  I remain undecided about the truth but even if we knew he was guilty, I would still listen to his music.  Does that make me a bad person?  I know that there are lots of people who, after seeing the doc, say they will never listen to him again.

What do you guys think?

It's music. I don't do background checks on music that I like. I'm bad. I'm bad.
Who is here in 2019?

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6352 on: March 20, 2019, 11:32:24 am »

What do you guys think?

He's dead. It doesn't matter much. The money all goes to his estate so you're not supporting him.
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #6353 on: March 20, 2019, 03:00:38 pm »
saw this last night on r/Whatcouldgowrong and was crying and laughing at the same time.... just watched it again and had the same effect... the fizz opening the can...

two Danish guys trying to eat surstromming (Swedish rotten fish)

now, from what I can see it's an internet thing.   there are loads of videos of people attempting to eat surstromming, but vomiting a lot.

or this kind of thing....

https://www.reddit.com/r/therewasanattempt/comments/b2vgpb/to_play_pool_upside_down/

:laugh:

• SanderB
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #6354 on: March 20, 2019, 08:00:13 pm »
I think you can actually grow to like that kind of acidic, rotten egg smell type of food. Sometimes, when I open the fridge and it happens to have kimchi in it, it sort of isn't disgusting anymore.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #6355 on: March 21, 2019, 10:23:12 am »

What do you guys think?

I haven't. It's stupid radio stations and stuff are refusing to play his music now too.
I dunno, it seems really weird for more people to come out about it now that he is dead, and unable to defend himself.
The earlier stuff, I was in high school, and didn't know what was the truth about it or not, even if I did have fun with the jokes about it.

And yeah, I don't care about the musicians personal lives, I only care about the music. :p

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• Cheongju
« Reply #6356 on: March 21, 2019, 10:26:21 am »

What do you guys think?

This gets into the whole "separating the art from the artist" conversation. Regardless of if what happened is true or not, I've supported MJ at some point or another by purchasing his music. Not much I can do to take that back.

If he were still alive and making NEW music, then I'd have to question whether or not I want to support it. Given how he's dead and can't really defend himself though, I don't see why I can't continue to listen to the music I purchased.

I don't condone whatever actions they're accusing him of, but it doesn't mean I can't enjoy his music.
The World Ends With You

« Reply #6357 on: March 21, 2019, 11:37:56 am »
Respect to the Japanese teacher at my school for managing to get paid a healthy salary plus benefits for simply clicking play over and over and over and over again on the Japanese CD. I haven't heard anything else for the last 4 weeks. I'm gonna be fluent soon.
Who is here in 2019?

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• Cheongju
« Reply #6358 on: March 22, 2019, 07:09:11 am »
"With teachers"... Even my CTs don't know what this one means... Frankly, I'm one hour short of the 22 minimum by my current schedule, so I hope this isn't going where I think it's going.  :-[

Turns out that each Wednesday is the school teacher Volleyball games.

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that as long as those keep happening (every week according to my CT), I won't have to worry about an extra class. I could use the workout too.
The World Ends With You

« Reply #6359 on: March 22, 2019, 02:02:04 pm »
This has been a hard week for me and I'm really looking forward to weekend shenanigans. It's been a while.

It's also been a long time since I've gone anywhere during Summer vacation, and it looks like I might be able to this year. Not sure if I should, though, everything is so much more expensive during the summer, especially airfare. It's not that I can't afford it, but the Grinch in me refuses to pay for something that is normally half the price any other time of the year.

Anyone have suggestions for places to visit where the airfare and accommodation prices are still relatively sane during July or August?