Read 1292813 times

Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #8000 on: June 29, 2020, 09:36:40 am »
:smiley: : "Hi!"
 :huh: : "You horrible racist!"

:laugh: :cry:

She *did* check her privilege.  :undecided:

• 745sticky
  • Super Waygook

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #8001 on: June 29, 2020, 10:00:16 am »
tbh the dude is probably spot on with the "chip on your shoulder" line with this one, no idea what she's thinking here. I refuse to believe this isnt some sort of elaborate shitpost

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #8002 on: June 29, 2020, 10:05:57 am »
tbh the dude is probably spot on with the "chip on your shoulder" line with this one, no idea what she's thinking here. I refuse to believe this isnt some sort of elaborate shitpost

Word is she doubled down when criticised. And some people know her personally and they said she is definitely "one of those types." We've all met them. Perpetually angry and offended at everything.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• 745sticky
  • Super Waygook

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #8003 on: June 29, 2020, 10:11:29 am »
Word is she doubled down when criticised.

Disappointed but not surpised. Those sorts do tend to do that.
I also like how she mentioned BLM in her post to try to give her vapid opinion more credibility. Sad

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #8004 on: June 29, 2020, 10:19:42 am »
Someone seems to have deleted my post. How bizarre... *Looks at Kyndo*

I'll try again.

Waygook.org user 'dippedinblush' was this you?
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #8005 on: June 29, 2020, 10:40:32 am »
I don't remember doing it, but checking the mod log, it looks like it was actually me. Hmm. Normally I leave a message or whatever when I delete comments: must've been sleep modding.

Also I'm *very* deeply offended that you would just assume it was me. The gall!

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #8006 on: June 29, 2020, 10:44:49 am »
I don't remember doing it, but checking the mod log, it looks like it was actually me. Hmm. Normally I leave a message or whatever when I delete comments: must've been sleep modding.

Also I'm *very* deeply offended that you would just assume it was me. The gall!

That's ok, thanks for owning up to your mistake, unlike one user on here who still has 'her' nose pointed at the sky... You could have easily just swept it under the rug and pretend like it didn't happen but you chose the noble, gentlemanly option instead of the beta, slimy, weedy, pathetic option, like the user I mentioned above. Good for you! :) Why did you remove it? And sorry... but you have a bit of a rep for it! I myself apologise for any offence you felt. I'm still waiting for an apology from someone too as I was also offended and hurt last week.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 10:46:44 am by Colburnnn »

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #8007 on: June 29, 2020, 10:53:22 am »
Thank you.
I just taught 3 back-to-back grade 2 all-boy middle school classes. They're fun to teach, but they do immensely lower my tolerance for tactless trolling, which lead to the deletion, I guess.
However, now that I've had a few cups of coffee and a bit of tteok (the latter kindly forced on me by my vice-prinipal) I feel that it might have been a bit of an over-reaction, which is why I didn't delete the repetition too.
After all, it's only trolling if the intended audience feels it to be, right?  :police:

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #8008 on: June 29, 2020, 11:01:03 am »
Thank you.
I just taught 3 back-to-back grade 2 all-boy middle school classes. They're fun to teach, but they do immensely lower my tolerance for tactless trolling, which lead to the deletion, I guess.
However, now that I've had a few cups of coffee and a bit of tteok (the latter kindly forced on me by my vice-prinipal) I feel that it might have been a bit of an over-reaction, which is why I didn't delete the repetition too.
After all, it's only trolling if the intended audience feels it to be, right?  :police:

Ouch... Grade 2 boys. I've always done well with them, it's the girls who give me nothing but pain. Well, it feels like standards of deletion are pretty up in the air these days. Numerous attacks towards me have been ignored, so I just presumed anything goes? ORRR there is bias in favour of other users of the site, but it couldn't be that... And it wasn't trolling, was asking a question.

Just to clarify. You can attack a users intelligence, misquote them and mock them, dehumanise them and dog pile. But joking/trolling is a no-no? I thought harassment was banned and yet someone openly admitted to it on Friday. It's strange. Please can you link the TOS again. I will bookmark it this time, I promise :)

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #8009 on: June 29, 2020, 11:17:19 am »
i landed my first clean kickflip this weekend and it felt so good. caught it in the air, not much rocketing, pretty even flip. only thing is i didn't land bolts, my back foot landed on the tail (which would be cool if i was intending to manual out or something), but anyway it was cool! definitely made my weekend. now i gotta lock it down and then maybe start working on heelflips or varials?

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #8010 on: June 29, 2020, 11:25:34 am »
Please can you link the TOS again. I will bookmark it this time, I promise :)
Would be happy to. Here it is:
https://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=108031.0

« Reply #8011 on: June 29, 2020, 11:45:08 am »
i landed my first clean kickflip this weekend and it felt so good. caught it in the air, not much rocketing, pretty even flip. only thing is i didn't land bolts, my back foot landed on the tail (which would be cool if i was intending to manual out or something), but anyway it was cool! definitely made my weekend. now i gotta lock it down and then maybe start working on heelflips or varials?

Nice!

Go for a FS/BS 180 kickflip next. Just like surfing, the key to aerial rotation is in the shoulders, look over and rotate that shoulder and all else follows. Heelflips was something I could never really get down.
You find anything to grind?

I'm seeing quite a few MS and HS kids walking around with street decks these days. Their trucks aren't showing a single scratch and the graphic on the underside of the deck is equally immaculate, but it's a step in the right direction.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #8012 on: June 29, 2020, 11:54:06 am »
There's quite a large skate park just down the road from my middle school. It's used exclusively by 8 year old girls on razor scooters.
That said, I'm noticing an uptick in skateboards too, although from what I can tell, they're mostly being used as modes of transportation rather than for breaking limbs trying to jump garbage cans.

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #8013 on: June 29, 2020, 12:07:07 pm »
from my searching online there used to be TWO skateparks close to my apt, but both have been taken down. i haven't found a place to practice grinds or anything yet. i'd really love to find a nice manny pad or something too.

the owner of my favorite coffee shop told me about a spot her friend goes too. it's pretty far away from me, but she said lots of people go there and she showed me a video of her friend doing a (pretty sweet) bs crooked grind

« Reply #8014 on: June 29, 2020, 12:50:59 pm »
With the summer coming, and with people still expected to wear masks, are we expecting the new facial norm to be a tanned face with a visible lighter patch where the mask was?  Falling asleep on a sun lounger with a mask on? 

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #8015 on: June 29, 2020, 12:54:32 pm »
Yes!
 I predict that this fashion will be referred to as "the inverse goatee".
Not to be confused with "the reverse goatee" which is somewhat different.

« Reply #8016 on: June 29, 2020, 12:57:32 pm »
Yes!
 I predict that this fashion will be referred to as "the inverse goatee".
Not to be confused with "the reverse goatee" which is somewhat different.

;D

I thought maybe like a teletubby look?  Who look like they fell asleep in hot weather with a mask on their stomach.  How embarrassing.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #8017 on: June 29, 2020, 01:19:10 pm »
Somebody is looking to be offended.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #8018 on: June 29, 2020, 01:23:46 pm »
You don't need to wear a mask unless you are within 2m (soon to be 1m) of someone.

How embarrassing.

Yes, quite.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #8019 on: July 01, 2020, 03:32:47 pm »
Super random question, but what would the Korean word be for "those effects they use on Korean TV on people's heads."

Like, they blush and it turns super red, birds fly around their head, tears form etc

Any ideas?
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?