Read 1235550 times

Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #7780 on: May 19, 2020, 02:56:03 pm »
'Jeon' is brilliant. 

Especially mushroom 'jeon'.

And I'd like to personally thank Mr Jeon for inventing it, probably.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #7781 on: May 19, 2020, 05:18:00 pm »
You should move to Daejeon.
Dajeon: everyday is a jeon day.

« Reply #7782 on: May 21, 2020, 10:31:18 am »
I really need to start keeping out of certain threads, even when I'm just being a lurker.

You'd think I'd learn by now, lol.

Meanwhile, I don't want the lunch I packed for myself today, and I'm craving me something cheese hardcore. But nothing nearby will satisfy me on that front. I don't think there's even anything I can compromise on.

Might have to drown my sorrows in a latte with chips until I get home.

« Reply #7783 on: May 22, 2020, 08:44:05 am »
i actually kinda feel bad because i'm doing it to be a dick but we might be bros now...im not sure. i'll keep you guys updated.

Yes, I post-stalked, and I want that update.

Are you bros now or what?

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #7784 on: May 22, 2020, 10:47:58 am »
yoooooo my dudes the Xi gloob strongly disapproves of identity theft. it's no ****** joke jim especially when it's done by bots the ******* mods should do their jobs and get on that. spot the bot you waffles!
anyway, despite my constitutional inability to indent punctuate or use capitalization of aaaaaaaany kind, Xi the gloob is still dope as **** which is why Xi gloob can't understand why drunk germans hate me so much. i mean jeeeeeeez   :sad:

like    so
much

i'd ramble on some more but i need to go out and have a pint with somebody other than kyndo and maybe go play my guitar or something
Xi gloob out

***Please read this note.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 11:57:25 am by kyndo »

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #7785 on: May 22, 2020, 10:49:33 am »
Quote from: CO2link=topic=88522.msg826597#msg826597 date=1590115678
Do me next! hahaha

That's what she said! HAHAHAHAHA!  :smiley:
I'd tell you all that my girlfriend has said that before too, except that I've reached my quota for oversharing this month already, so I won't.
BUT! If you stick around, I'll post the links to the entire story that I've put up  on my YouTube channel, my vblog, my Twitter, my Imgur, my Reddit, my LinkedIn, my FB, my KakaoStory, my Instagram, my  MySpace, and my AOL acount.

Oh, and check out the awesome resolution of the video!
My brand new camera shoots everything in like 16k. Too bad the audio is so crap that the entire video is utterly unwatchable!

Well, it's lunch time. I'm going to head out and chug a gallon of Tabasco sauce and eat a few pounds of Carolina reapers. Oh wait. I meant 3.8 LITERS and a few KILOGRAMS, because f*** the US stipid **** measuring systems. What a mess! Who in their right mind would want to live there. Pounds. Gallons. Jesus ****** Christ.  :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's been real. I'll post the video of me eating my lunch some time later today on my YouTube account. Here's the link. Oh, and here are the links to the video on my vblog, my Twitter, my Imgur, my Reddit, my LinkedIn, my FB, my KakaoStory, my Instagram, my  MySpace, and my AOL accounts.

Peace.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 11:57:45 am by kyndo »
레새 뭐 페르, 커나르드. 에스티 타베르낰 트루 드 볘르즈.

« Reply #7786 on: May 22, 2020, 10:53:00 am »
What's a gloob?

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Busan
    more
« Reply #7787 on: May 22, 2020, 11:36:58 am »
uhhh HELLO!? im right here. and i'm the only gloob.  *[UNNECESSARY N.W.A REFERENCE]*
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 11:42:49 am by tylerthegloob »

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #7788 on: May 22, 2020, 11:39:35 am »
uhhh HELLO!? im right here. and i'm the only gloob.  it's a lot of gloobs out there flakin' and perpetratin' but scared to kick reality

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Busan
    more
« Reply #7789 on: May 22, 2020, 11:40:56 am »
CO2 i will never forgive you for this. had you posted the gif alone i would've laughed at my own sillyness. but to (rightfully) use a colburnnn quote against me...

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #7790 on: May 22, 2020, 11:50:22 pm »
When I play Scrabble and get a blank tile my first thought is, “Hey! This tile is defective!” before I clue in to what it is.

I usually don’t vocalize this thought.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #7791 on: May 25, 2020, 10:16:29 am »
 So, I made 6 questions for the Grade 3 middle school speaking test for next week. Co-T I don't see that much comes down and asks me to fill them out a bit more because the students need to understand them when she "prints the paper out and gives it to them."

:police: The students are given the questions before the test?

:-* Yes, why?

:police: Oh, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. All the tests I had when I was younger were "Class, Study lesson 2."

:-* Oh, also, we need to have a class first going through how the test will work and explaining everything.

:police: So we will give them the test questions in advance and then help them with everything about how to do the test? Then next week, they will do the test?  :undecided:

:-* Yes.

Is it just me, or is this REALLY, REALLY weird? Is this normal, or is this because they haven't actually had in-class lessons yet?

Anyone else have this?

« Reply #7792 on: May 25, 2020, 10:20:57 am »
So, I made 6 questions for the Grade 3 middle school speaking test for next week. Co-T I don't see that much comes down and asks me to fill them out a bit more because the students need to understand them when she "prints the paper out and gives it to them."

:police: Oh, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. All the tests I had when I was younger were "Class, Study lesson 2."

:-* Oh, also, we need to have a class first going through how the test will work and explaining everything.

:police: So we will give them the test questions in advance and then help them with everything about how to do the test? Then next week, they will do the test?  :undecided:

Is it just me, or is this REALLY, REALLY weird? Is this normal, or is this because they haven't actually had in-class lessons yet?

Anyone else have this?

No, same here.....they are given the questions and a prep lesson before the test so that they can memorize the answers. They are given 1-2 weeks to prepare and ask questions. Sometimes they can even use my examples

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #7793 on: May 25, 2020, 10:27:15 am »
No, same here.....they are given the questions and a prep lesson before the test so that they can memorize the answers. They are given 1-2 weeks to prepare and ask questions. Sometimes they can even use my examples

:-* Look everyone, we have the best grades in the district. All of our students speak English at a very high level.  Isn't that right, Minsu?

:huh:  뭐라고 했어요?

« Reply #7794 on: May 25, 2020, 10:30:13 am »

:-* Look everyone, we have the best grades in the district. All of our students speak English at a very high level.  Isn't that right, Minsu?

:huh:  뭐라고 했어요?

I get that a lot.....not the high grades thing but

speaking test decent grades......in the hallway..... Hi Minsu! ..... minsu to friend in Korean...what did she say?

« Reply #7795 on: May 25, 2020, 10:43:26 am »

Anyone else have this?

I mean, I have done tests where I've given students all the answers, in order, with the same question numbers and everything, over a week before the test, and told them to study it, because this is exactly what would be on the test, and still had about 20% of students leave the test paper blank, and another 50% of students fill in one or two answers and give up.

So. I mean, I don't even think it makes a difference.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #7796 on: May 27, 2020, 12:31:55 pm »
Teach my first class in 5 months in 10 minutes.

Wish me luck.

« Reply #7797 on: May 27, 2020, 12:34:03 pm »

Wish me luck.

Have fun with that, I teach my first class tomorrow. Wheeeeeeee

« Reply #7798 on: May 27, 2020, 12:37:40 pm »

Wish me luck.

First was on Monday, wearing a mask while teaching makes it even more exhausting.

« Reply #7799 on: May 27, 2020, 12:37:57 pm »

Wish me luck.

I haven't taught a class since I think late November?