Read 1188405 times

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #7040 on: December 06, 2019, 09:23:17 pm »
Now that I have finished binge-watching 8 seasons of the Big Bang Theory (just started this past August), having been a faithful and loyal subject of Friends, my world view has been changed...

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #7041 on: December 06, 2019, 09:52:38 pm »
Now that I have finished binge-watching 8 seasons of the Big Bang Theory (just started this past August), having been a faithful and loyal subject of Friends, my world view has been changed...

Then you can watch Seinfeld and Peep Show to experience some decent writing.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #7042 on: December 06, 2019, 10:32:37 pm »
i am being 100% serious when i say this: the big bang theory is the worst written, unfunniest, lamest tv programme i have ever seen. genuinely, i can't understand why it ever became popular

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #7043 on: December 07, 2019, 04:44:30 am »
Koreans love that show.

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Mouseville
« Reply #7044 on: December 07, 2019, 08:28:11 am »

Then you can watch Seinfeld and Peep Show to experience some decent writing.

I'm old enough to have watched Seinfeld....

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #7045 on: December 08, 2019, 07:07:08 am »
i am being 100% serious when i say this: the big bang theory is the worst written, unfunniest, lamest tv programme i have ever seen. genuinely, i can't understand why it ever became popular
+1

I found it mocked the characters.

« Reply #7046 on: December 10, 2019, 12:05:05 pm »
 :evil: Pollutionamundo today.  Love to live in Bucheon, where it is 198 by the AQICN website.  Fuucks sakes!

Also, after seeing the new Rick and Morty yesterday, can't wait for the uncut one to come out, because there was some good swearing that was bleeped out. 

« Reply #7047 on: December 10, 2019, 12:11:33 pm »
:evil: Pollutionamundo today.  Love to live in Bucheon, where it is 198 by the AQICN website.  Fuucks sakes!

Also, after seeing the new Rick and Morty yesterday, can't wait for the uncut one to come out, because there was some good swearing that was bleeped out. 

I like the bleeping. I think it makes it funnier. Am I the outlier here?

I'm just happy that they've extended the season. I think originally season 4 was only going to have something like 6 episodes, lol. But then they changed their minds when the series itself got renewed for 75 more episodes.

« Reply #7048 on: December 10, 2019, 12:14:47 pm »

It is objectively terrible. It is bad TV.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #7049 on: December 10, 2019, 01:15:22 pm »

I think it was written by the same people who made fun of nerds in junior high.

« Reply #7050 on: December 10, 2019, 01:56:31 pm »

I think it was written by the same people who made fun of nerds in junior high.

12yrs ago, when I first watched it, I found it pretty funny, mind you I didn't watch it religiously. The writers seemed to be trying to create a show that appealed to nerd culture, but didn't get so obscure that 'mainstream' people couldn't find it relatable. It didn't work and good God did it get terrible as soon they decided to have it focus on the relationship aspect.
Still... I'm not snobbish enough to admit that it did have its moments.

For the record and IMHO, the quintessential masterpiece of sitcoms will always be Frasier.

• stoat
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #7051 on: December 10, 2019, 04:55:40 pm »

So where does that place ' Young Sheldon'?

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #7052 on: December 10, 2019, 05:24:32 pm »

fucking hell. thought you were joking...but it really does exist (for some reason)

« Reply #7053 on: December 13, 2019, 02:07:12 pm »
It's 3pm on Friday, I've been pissed off since the exit polls this morning, and since the summer my school has been given 7 million won to spruce up my English room with a book cafe kind of area.  'It's up to you, all of it is your choice.  You decide'.  So they gave me this website yesterday...

shopping.g2b.go.kr

Which is basically the education office shopping mall website, and I have to scroll around and find stuff for my book cafe area in my classroom.  If you ever wonder where your school smashes its budget buying stuff, it's on this website. 

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Mouseville
« Reply #7054 on: December 14, 2019, 08:40:05 am »

fucking hell. thought you were joking...but it really does exist (for some reason)

Yeah...see, I would not watch that.  It is most likely the equivalent spinoff, like Joey was to Friends.

« Reply #7055 on: December 17, 2019, 11:12:20 am »
First time I've seen this one youtube and just going through some films.  Everything wrong with...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs4ELJwA5D8

Liked the fact he apologised for some comments on 'Aliens' and 'Predator'.  'First Blood' also funny.

« Reply #7056 on: December 19, 2019, 07:58:49 am »
Has anyone else using a paid VPN on their work computers noticed their VPNs being unable to find a connection to the internet?

I had this problem last week at all of my schools, got around it by adding my VPN program to the computer's firewall exceptions and then re-activating the adapter under the network settings. Changes didn't go into full effect until after I shut the computer down and came in this morning, though.

The free browser VPNs worked just fine, not sure if this was just an issue with my particular VPN client after my province updated the software or whatever.

« Reply #7057 on: December 19, 2019, 09:15:37 am »
Has anyone else using a paid VPN on their work computers noticed their VPNs being unable to find a connection to the internet?

I had this problem last week at all of my schools, got around it by adding my VPN program to the computer's firewall exceptions and then re-activating the adapter under the network settings. Changes didn't go into full effect until after I shut the computer down and came in this morning, though.

The free browser VPNs worked just fine, not sure if this was just an issue with my particular VPN client after my province updated the software or whatever.

Yes! I've been facing this exact problem.

« Reply #7058 on: December 19, 2019, 12:22:10 pm »

Yes! I've been facing this exact problem.

I discovered the solution that works 100% of the time during my first year of teaching. You buy a phone, get an uncapped data plan, buy a laptop for work and bring both to school everyday. You get to make materials on a computer set the way you like it, your internet (tethered from your phone) is pretty quick and nothing is blocked.

Both are pretty worthwhile investments.

« Reply #7059 on: December 19, 2019, 02:06:19 pm »
It's cheaper to just learn to work around the firewall. For someone like me, signing up for massive amounts of data just for using at work, where I have access to fast and free internet, is kind of a pointless waste of money. I sound like a grandma but I never use even half of the data that I do pay for (which is only 2GB) on a personal basis. I just don't have any use for it. Meanwhile, I also already have my work computer set up the way I want it, and it can handle most of what I do on there.

You can also very easily create a bridge on your work computer to put out a wifi signal, you just need to purchase some cheap hardware.

I also don't like bringing my personal computer to work unless I have to. I hate lugging it around, lol. I only do it when I need to work on something that requires software not on my work computer, or when the project I'm working on is too heavy for the work computer to handle.

Tethering is a good option for people who want/use a lot of data anyway, and/or who can't be arsed or have the technical knowledge to work around school software bullshit, though.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 02:21:16 pm by Chinguetti »