Read 1084305 times

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #6800 on: September 09, 2019, 12:09:43 pm »
Any thoughts on The 1975 flag incident?

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2019/09/682_275259.html

Why did this even make the news? :o

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #6801 on: September 09, 2019, 02:44:32 pm »
Any thoughts on The 1975 flag incident?

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2019/09/682_275259.html

That is a pretty dopey thing to do. But humans have got to get over this flag thing. I can't imagine giving a shit about anything happening to my flag.

In related news, is there a more over rated current band then the 1975?
Kpip! - Martin 2018

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6802 on: September 09, 2019, 03:11:02 pm »

I have their recent 2 albums.

1/3 is amazing, 1/3 is good, 1/6 is meh and 1/6 is pretty bad.

They cover a lot of different sounds and genres. When it works, it bangs. When it doesn't............... it really doesn't.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #6803 on: September 09, 2019, 03:27:51 pm »

I have their recent 2 albums.

1/3 is amazing, 1/3 is good, 1/6 is meh and 1/6 is pretty bad.

They cover a lot of different sounds and genres. When it works, it bangs. When it doesn't............... it really doesn't.

How was the show? Someone i follow on instagram posted a video and the crowd looked into it.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6804 on: September 09, 2019, 03:38:29 pm »
How was the show? Someone i follow on instagram posted a video and the crowd looked into it.
Matt is infinitely charasmatic, my word. Very charming. I've been to 3 concerts this year (Kraftwerk/Thom Yorke) and this was by far the most enjoyable. Not a dull moment at the show, I was very, very impressed.
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #6805 on: September 10, 2019, 07:26:22 am »
I just don't get the obsession with Airpods and other such in-ear earphones.  Working in high school, there are quite a few students who just permanently walk around with them in their ears.  First off, I've always found in-earphones like that to be bad not only for the sound quality but also for damaging your eardrums, as the sound is pumped straight onto the eardrum and are more damaging than normal headphones.  My older brother has permanent tinnitus and he thinks it's because when he was a teenager he used to use the in-earphones every day and as such damaged his hearing.  Also, they just look twa tty as a kind of fashion accessory, especially if you're talking to someone with them in. 

I am 89 years old. 

« Reply #6806 on: September 10, 2019, 07:38:33 am »

« Reply #6807 on: September 10, 2019, 07:42:04 am »
I am 89 years old. 

:laugh:

Alright, Justin 'Tyler' Bieber peachy-skin, do you make a habit of laughing at the infirm?

« Reply #6808 on: September 10, 2019, 09:11:58 am »
I really love bluetooth headphones.  When you're out and about it's really annoying to have a wire flapping about getting caught on everything.  I know you lose a lot of sound quality but I'm not too fussed about that when I'm outside.

I've got some over the head Sony bluetooth headphones but because of noise spillage I wanted airpods to use on the subway.  I could never justify the price so I picked up some 30,000 Chinese knock-offs from Electromart  ;D  They do the job!

« Reply #6809 on: September 10, 2019, 09:57:21 am »
I really love bluetooth headphones.  When you're out and about it's really annoying to have a wire flapping about getting caught on everything.  I know you lose a lot of sound quality but I'm not too fussed about that when I'm outside.

I'm not knocking the practicality of bluetooth earphones or if you're on a bus or travelling around.  I just find it ridiculous that students walk around with them on in school.  Plus the damage they can do to their hearing.  Just another fashion fad that is stupid.  Moreso if you're talking to someone with them on, just kind of rude. 

« Reply #6810 on: September 10, 2019, 10:06:11 am »

I'm not knocking the practicality of bluetooth earphones or if you're on a bus or travelling around.  I just find it ridiculous that students walk around with them on in school.  Plus the damage they can do to their hearing.  Just another fashion fad that is stupid.  Moreso if you're talking to someone with them on, just kind of rude. 

Totally agree!

« Reply #6811 on: September 10, 2019, 10:24:22 am »
I'd love to use something wireless but everything I've tried either won't stay in/on my ears, or they hurt.

I'm thinking that I'll probably have to invest in some custom made ones (I don't remember the brand, but there's this one that costs around $1000 -- they cast a mold of your ears to make them), but I don't think I'll ever want to spend that kind of money on something like that.

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #6812 on: September 10, 2019, 10:31:56 am »
I really love bluetooth headphones.  When you're out and about it's really annoying to have a wire flapping about getting caught on everything. 

I just run the wire through my shirt and into my pocket. That way it won't get caught on anything, and if an earbud falls out, it'll just hang from my collar.

« Reply #6813 on: September 10, 2019, 10:35:13 am »
Alright, Justin 'Tyler' Bieber peachy-skin, do you make a habit of laughing at the infirm?
woahhhh i'm not as old as bieber. and yes, i do ;)

I just run the wire through my shirt and into my pocket. That way it won't get caught on anything, and if an earbud falls out, it'll just hang from my collar.

but then when you try to use your phone you end up pulling the earbud jack out. or you have to use your phone next to your pocket and look straight down..

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6814 on: September 10, 2019, 10:36:35 am »
     I have a pair of bluetooth bone conduction sets.
     They're great for running since it doesn't completely kill ambient noise (they don't cover the ears). Also, in my particular case, ear buds always are always falling out at inconvenient times, make my ears sore, and I constantly get tangled in the cords.
   A lot of people complain that bone conduction makes for pretty crappy quality, but the ones I have aren't terrible: certainly better than the 20,000 won sets that I usually run with!

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #6815 on: September 10, 2019, 11:29:03 am »
wireless earphones are great for running. amazing, actually.

really not bothered about ones for daily use though. wired ones are fine imo. and i know i'd end up forgetting to charge them

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• SK
« Reply #6816 on: September 10, 2019, 11:49:08 am »
but then when you try to use your phone you end up pulling the earbud jack out. or you have to use your phone next to your pocket and look straight down..

I honestly very rarely have issues with the jack being pulled out. Most headphones have cords that are long enough to prevent that. They also tend to be long enough that you can use your phone without looking like your wrist is surgically attached to your waist. Unless I need to hold my phone directly out in front of my face for some reason, it isn't really an issue.

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #6817 on: September 10, 2019, 11:53:28 am »
wireless earphones are great for running. amazing, actually.

really not bothered about ones for daily use though. wired ones are fine imo. and i know i'd end up forgetting to charge them

For me, absolutely nothing comes close to the amazing iPod shuffle 4th gen for working out; it's tiny, simple, no need to look at it to operate, clips on anything and his great battery life.

One of the reasons I can no longer stand Apple is their decision to discontinue this amazing little gizmo to encourage people to buy their garish watch.

I bought 3 of them before they were discontinued, they're selling for 350k on Amazon right now. As far as earbuds go, I've found that anything over $40 isn't worth the money, they WILL break within 12 months.

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• SK
« Reply #6818 on: September 10, 2019, 11:58:49 am »
As far as earbuds go, I've found that anything over $40 isn't worth the money, they WILL break within 12 months.

The catch 22 there being that, in my experience, anything under $40 will most likely sound bad  :laugh:. I suppose I've found a passable pair or two around the $30 mark, but nothing that actually sounded good. Then again, if the purpose is just to have a durable pair for your exercise routines, I suppose letting sound quality take the backseat is forgivable.

« Reply #6819 on: September 10, 2019, 12:37:51 pm »
I suppose letting sound quality take the backseat is forgivable.

Never forgivable under any circumstances.  Never.  Sound quality always takes precedent over anything.  Anything.