Read 1046271 times

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #6680 on: July 15, 2019, 02:19:16 pm »
The Lion King is my favorite movie of all time. I have no expectation that this remake will come even close to what the original was, I'm sure nobody is expecting that. I still want to watch it despite all the negativity with reviews surrounding it. I enjoyed Aladdin, and that was panned critically but adored by the regular audiences. As long as I can get a little nostalgic, I'll be satisfied. Though no Be Prepared is a huge sin.

(Also definitely won't be watching the new Mulan due to all the awful changes they've made)
The World Ends With You

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #6681 on: July 15, 2019, 02:41:42 pm »
I'm going to watch the Dumbo remake. Only cause I can watch it for free :p

« Reply #6682 on: July 15, 2019, 03:02:45 pm »
I still want to watch it despite all the negativity with reviews surrounding it.

i feel you man. and if eric andre is in, i'm in

« Reply #6683 on: July 15, 2019, 03:05:32 pm »
For real, I'm not a Disney fan at all, and I really liked the Jungle Book remake. Aladdin was pretty whatever, but the Jungle Book was super fun. Some really inspired voice actor casting.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #6684 on: July 15, 2019, 03:20:14 pm »
For real, I'm not a Disney fan at all, and I really liked the Jungle Book remake. Aladdin was pretty whatever, but the Jungle Book was super fun. Some really inspired voice actor casting.

Yeah, the jungle book was pretty enjoyable.

« Reply #6685 on: July 15, 2019, 03:22:58 pm »

Yeah, the jungle book was pretty enjoyable.

for sure. it had christopher walken playing a huge orangutan

« Reply #6686 on: July 17, 2019, 07:05:44 am »
What is it with students changing their names?  In all the time I've been here, there is at least one or two who change their names every year.  This came up today as I came into school and there was a coolmessenger saying one of my 1st grade students has changed their name.  Parent thing?  Luck thing?  Aligned with the stars thing?

« Reply #6687 on: July 17, 2019, 08:26:49 am »
What is it with students changing their names?  In all the time I've been here, there is at least one or two who change their names every year.  This came up today as I came into school and there was a coolmessenger saying one of my 1st grade students has changed their name.  Parent thing?  Luck thing?  Aligned with the stars thing?

Really? I usually only have like one or two students per school, maximum, who go by a name different than the one listed on the class list. It's not that uncommon in western countries, either. I know quite a few people who preferred to go by something other than their given name.

Could be a parent thing. Could be a student autonomously choosing it thing. Maybe they were getting bullied for their name or something. Who knows.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #6688 on: July 17, 2019, 09:08:19 am »
because they get to choose their english names themselves (well, apart from those whose parents choose for them)

i was forever changing my gaming/online usernames when i was younger

« Reply #6689 on: July 17, 2019, 09:17:20 am »

I think luck might be a big part of it.  My coworker's mother wanted her to change her name to something more lucky in the hope it would help her meet a potential husband (as she was single).

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #6690 on: July 17, 2019, 09:32:55 am »
When my son was 5 he wanted to change his name to “Puss-in-boots”.

We are going to do it... under Canadian law when he is 17 1/2. 

:)

« Reply #6691 on: July 17, 2019, 09:35:38 am »

I think luck might be a big part of it.  My coworker's mother wanted her to change her name to something more lucky in the hope it would help her meet a potential husband (as she was single).

Ah, from김싱글 -------------------->김커플;

Makes sense

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6692 on: July 18, 2019, 09:31:09 am »
Anyone met the other users here in real life?

I sold JNM some video games last year. Super nice guy. ------------------
                                                                                                                         ] ----> Canadians
OnNut81 is a real nice bloke, too.  -------------------------------------------------

And I think I'll meet BasedCowboy next week at a concert.

I actually went to Yeosu last year and opened Tinder and NomadicMadda was first on my views. Holy shit, she is gorgeous, my lord.

I didn't match. hahahahaha
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #6693 on: July 18, 2019, 09:38:58 am »
Anyone met the other users here in real life?

I sold JNM some video games last year. Super nice guy. ------------------
                                                                                                                         ] ----> Canadians
OnNut81 is a real nice bloke, too.  -------------------------------------------------

And I think I'll meet BasedCowboy next week at a concert.

I actually went to Yeosu last year and opened Tinder and NomadicMadda was first on my views. Holy shit, she is gorgeous, my lord.

I didn't match. hahahahaha

i havent, but i imagine it'd be super interesting. still waiting for you to make a video with d'tino

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6694 on: July 18, 2019, 09:43:46 am »
i havent, but i imagine it'd be super interesting. still waiting for you to make a video with d'tino

He said no. hahaha He is actually scared of his identity being released and someone jumping him. 
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #6695 on: July 18, 2019, 09:55:56 am »

He said no. hahaha He is actually scared of his identity being released and someone jumping him. 

this is truly upsetting news.

has there ever been a waygook meetup? i'm sure it would be a (very entertaining) shitshow, but still..

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #6696 on: July 19, 2019, 09:36:29 am »
I always think that the goodbyes are gonna be easy. But then people gotta go and make it difficult!

Came to my last Friday class and the students at my filled two posters with goodbye messages.

Not so TGIF this time  :cry:
The World Ends With You

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6697 on: July 19, 2019, 03:19:25 pm »
Got a package this morning and it kind of freaked me out.

How could they know? hahaha

The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #6698 on: July 23, 2019, 03:17:49 pm »
Some things sound amazing on paper, but reality has a lot of buts that kind of ruin the fun.

« Reply #6699 on: July 26, 2019, 10:33:59 am »
What ever happened to waygook.org user yirj17?