Read 1087602 times

Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #6640 on: June 25, 2019, 11:39:55 am »
Make sure you hit up Costco for industrial quantities of bog roll if you proceed with this activity.

For the longest time, I thought that meant sleeping bag.

Makes more sense, honestly. I had to google since it wasn't immediately obvious to me, haha.

« Reply #6641 on: June 26, 2019, 07:17:26 am »
My sister sent a whatsapp to our family group saying that she'd stepped on a dead mouse in her socks and it kind of exploded under her foot, and had anything else done something as disgusting as that? 

Nope.  That is horrible. 

« Reply #6642 on: June 26, 2019, 08:38:02 am »

« Reply #6643 on: June 28, 2019, 08:16:36 am »
Shit is okay but ti ts is not allowed?

Weird

« Reply #6644 on: June 28, 2019, 08:53:40 am »
@ Alex: I'm going to blow my students' minds with that trick.

Shit is okay but ti ts is not allowed?

Weird

This reminds me of my brother. He's fine with the word 'fart' but hates the word 'toot'. He thinks it's obscene for some reason, lol.

« Reply #6645 on: June 28, 2019, 08:58:51 am »
@ Alex: I'm going to blow my students' minds with that trick.

Does it work for students too? 

:police:  'Teacher, I have no idea'
 :afro:  'Okay, Minsu, come here.  I'm just gonna put some tape around Minsu's head....'

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #6646 on: June 28, 2019, 10:24:25 am »
Genuinely amazed by this:
just store them upside down. same effect and you don't end up looking like a dick

« Reply #6647 on: June 28, 2019, 10:53:49 am »
and you don't end up looking like a dick

too late for that...

« Reply #6648 on: June 28, 2019, 11:52:26 am »
Genuinely amazed by this:
just store them upside down. same effect and you don't end up looking like a dick awesome.

ftfy

Besides, I'm willing to test this to see if the added centrifugal force is more effective than just leaving the markers upside down (like maybe surface tension still prevents some ink from flowing down or something).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 11:54:42 am by Chinguetti »

« Reply #6649 on: June 28, 2019, 01:10:50 pm »
I want to get a cardboard cutout of a person made, but then I want to give up because it seems like too much trouble trying to find out how and where I can get that done here.

But then I also imagine how much fun it would be to have cutout of that ghost woman from "The Grudge." Or the one from "The Ring."

« Reply #6650 on: July 01, 2019, 10:02:29 am »
The secret pooper mystery took a new twist today.  I went down this morning and there was a cigarette butt in the toilet with lipstick on it.  Thing is, all my students went home after 7th period on Friday and no one was in school over the weekend.  I talked with my co-teacher about it and she asked what colour was the lipstick and I said it was hot pink.  Also, there was also no smell in the toilet so must have been over the weekend.  The only people who could have been using the school over the weekend were the builders working on the building next to my school, so I now suspect it is a cross-dressing builder.  Maybe I pop over there and have a chat with them and see if any of them are wearing lipstick.  I will get to the bottom of this one....

« Reply #6651 on: July 01, 2019, 10:20:24 am »
I'm a little bummed to find out that tetrisfriends.com is dead. Not sure for how long, it's been a while since I've visited, but now I'll have to find another tetris multiplayer site that has the same range of players. I'll probably end up playing tetris against a computer, though.  :cry:

@ Ronnie: Bet it's someone in administration, or a student who's hiding out on campus for a while. Don't be fooled by that hot pink color, either, they have a lot of lip stains and tints here that look dark or natural while sitting on lips but that wipe off really pink on surfaces. Like I wear a red lip oil that gives my lips a slightly reddish hue without it looking unnatural, but the lip color left on my cups or tissues is always bright pink. Just a little something that might complicate your mystery a bit. xD
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 10:28:07 am by Chinguetti »

• HappyPlanetAbuser
  • Super Waygook

• May 30, 2019, 11:30:16 pm
    • in my car polluting your air
    more
« Reply #6652 on: July 01, 2019, 12:01:44 pm »
Today's my last day!  :azn: So it feels like Friday. I'm drinking some Pinot Grigio and getting drunk af!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 12:03:43 pm by HappyPlanetAbuser »
Who's ready for another 4 years of Trump 2020!

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #6654 on: July 03, 2019, 09:54:36 am »
Who is here in 2019?

« Reply #6655 on: July 03, 2019, 12:01:46 pm »
Ronnie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1BQEIuIMT0&

:laugh:  Henry's back!!

Mamma Mia and diarrhea?  It rhymes...

Love his choice of songs as well, especially his Scotch egg one, where he plays Irish and English pictures.

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #6656 on: July 03, 2019, 12:09:28 pm »
Today's my last day!  :azn: So it feels like Friday. I'm drinking some Pinot Grigio and getting drunk af!

Make sure you live up to your name and leave the bottle(s) on the sidewalk, or in a nice park.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6657 on: July 03, 2019, 01:20:36 pm »

Make sure you live up to your name and leave the bottle(s) on the sidewalk, or in a nice park.
Or throw them at billboards and street signs. Make it rain!

« Reply #6658 on: July 05, 2019, 11:06:28 am »
Test invigilating is always fun if only for the lottery of my partner, and to do a stack of pointless thinking.   I find that the older ajeosshi teachers tend to just use the 50 minutes for stretching time, so today the careers teacher spent his time doing golf stretching and doing golf practice shots at the front.  Then one of my favourite teachers, an English teacher, always talks to himself, so I watch him having internal dialogue.  Also, I worked out that I've done invigilating 106 times at my school.  I also noticed that a double locker at the back of the classroom cost 158 000 won and a quadruple one cost 320 000 won, so basically if you buy two double lockers instead of the quadruple, you save 4000 won.  Also 한문  and 정보 are the two most pointlessly long tests in high school.  Students finish after ten minutes and then go to sleep for 40 minutes. 

« Reply #6659 on: July 05, 2019, 01:35:09 pm »
Heard my first cicada when out hiking on Wednesday, and now the humidity hits you when you go outside.  It's started....